Giz
Site Admin

PTC 25-07-19 Personal space

Post by Giz »

TheEighth

Re: PTC 25-07-19 Personal space

Post by TheEighth »

And there it is, Julian is most definitely attracted to Aaron's physique
And Zadie...Either you're just that desperate or just that dense, but you seem to be missing the obvious.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

Well Julian had a crush on Dillon so I am not surprised.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

TheEighth wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 am
And Zadie...Either you're just that desperate or just that dense, but you seem to be missing the obvious.
Actually, this is the first strip in many where she didn't actively try to attract Julian. Maybe she's catching on?

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

ugh. The only chars I like in this series are the side characters. Zadie is a bitch who thinks she's entitled & Aaron is an idiot smeghead. I wondered what happened to the model Julian was dating at end of SDB?
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

Motorcycle wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 pm
I wondered what happened to the model Julian was dating at end of SDB?
Julian was only about to go on a first date with Jordan (an actor like Dillon by the way, not a model as far as has been shown) - maybe it just didn't work out?

oddtail

Post by oddtail »

I have no insightful commentary or anything, but this is my favourite strip (pun not intended) since the comic started.

There's finally interaction between characters that isn't too obnoxious. It's in character for everyone (and there's actual character development, as we get a glimpse into Aaron's insecurities that makes him somewhat sympathetic rather than just plain annoying), it builds some tension, it leads to potentially interesting and/or funny situations.

If only Zadie went away or shut up, the strip would be near-perfect. Her comment doesn't add much other than "she doesn't like Aaron and wastes no opportunity to remind him of that". So, it's as per usual - she's being petty and mean, with a side dish of body-shaming. Body-shaming immediately following Aaron all but admitting (if extremely briefly) that his self-esteem is not that great regarding the shape he's in.

Overall, though, I'm happy with today's update for a change.

brasca

Post by brasca »

SlightlyMostly wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:10 pm
Motorcycle wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:04 pm
I wondered what happened to the model Julian was dating at end of SDB?
Julian was only about to go on a first date with Jordan (an actor like Dillon by the way, not a model as far as has been shown) - maybe it just didn't work out?
Dillon didn't think much of Jordan because in addition to being an acting rival he's as promiscuous as him too. More than likely it didn't work out, but hopefully he didn't break Julian's heart.
TheEighth wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 am
And there it is, Julian is most definitely attracted to Aaron's physique
If so then he definitely has a type. Too bad the first one considered him too much of a child and Aaron seems to be a one on the Kinsey scale, but then again so was Gary when this started so who knows. As for Zadie I'm very disappointed. Two topless men in your apartment and she didn't use this as an excuse to remove hers for the sake of equality as well as showing off her goods. Zii would've done it.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

It's Slender Man, not Hank Slenderman. Get it right, Zadie.
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Zadie: Put. A Shirt. On!

This coming from a character who may as well be in her underwear, given how little she's wearing. 8-|
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Static

Post by Static »

@Panel 2: This isn't how you help someone with something heavy. Julian what's your game. Actually, know what? It's fine. I ship it.

TBH though I'm totally 100% into Aaron spending a whole bunch of platonic bro time with Julian. He could learn soooooo much.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

oddtail wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:47 pm
So, it's as per usual - she's being petty and mean, with a side dish of body-shaming. Body-shaming immediately following Aaron all but admitting (if extremely briefly) that his self-esteem is not that great regarding the shape he's in.
This. Bad enough to intentionally friend-zone the guy so she can get cheaper rent. Now she is treating him like a door mat and he has no defense.

If the genders were reversed what would everyone say.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Antinerd wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:06 pm
oddtail wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:47 pm
So, it's as per usual - she's being petty and mean, with a side dish of body-shaming. Body-shaming immediately following Aaron all but admitting (if extremely briefly) that his self-esteem is not that great regarding the shape he's in.
This. Bad enough to intentionally friend-zone the guy so she can get cheaper rent. Now she is treating him like a door mat and he has no defense.

If the genders were reversed what would everyone say.
As opposed to stringing him along? Yes, Zadie used Aaron to make her ex-boyfriend jealous, however, she made it clear afterwards that they would just be roommates and Aaron like most clueless young men thinks he still has a shot at winning her over and will no doubt try repeatedly no matter how many times she sets him straight.

That being said she could be civil about their living arrangement. Even if Julian were bisexual he might be so put off by her attitude that she'd blow any potential chances with him.
Last edited by brasca on Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Julian is so nice. Misunderstandings happen often. I know from experience. :)

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Calling it now: Aaron will get into a "relationship" with Julian similar to the "relationship" Kiley got into with Didi.