04-03-16 Exceptional at it

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

themacnut

Re: 04-03-16 Exceptional at it

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:Ouch.

Anyhow, we've all failed to note the huge unexpected revelation in this strip; that it is actually possible for Dillon to feel something approximating embarrassment.
I'm just happy that Dillon finally admitted to his true intellect level. :p
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hey, give him credit; he can mix modern Japanese pop culture and Victorian popular fiction references in a single sentence.

Whether he knows that he's doing so is another question. Sadly, Ramona also seems to lack Svengali's hypnotic powers.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:As Angel didn't show up with Ramona, I'm guessing that the club will generally have to do without Angel from now on. Ramona doesn't need the moral support any more, and Zii is pretty sure to be there...
Sad, but true. It would've been good since Angel probably knows about Ramona's relationship, but doesn't know Junghan's professional relationship with Zii. And if he found out... well it's a good thing Julian is there.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Angel is such a potential protective sibling from hell that I kind of wonder if Ramona has kept her relationship with Jung quiet there. Unlikely, really, but I wouldn't blame her for trying.

And given Angel's fondness for yaoi, I'd be a bit surprised if Angel has never looked into the shop. I envisage Angel sending Ramona in to shop for both of them, to avoid contact with Zii...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

Don Alexander wrote:Well, sure looks like Ramona cold-cocked Dillon...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

brasca wrote:Very clever Ramona. She's definitely a match for Junghan.
Spidrift wrote: Which reminds me - is Zii late for this meeting of the club?
Probably conveniently late for the sake of pacing. I imagine she has quite a lot to teach Ruby.
Has Zii's first time ever been mentioned? It would be interesting if it didn't go as smoothly as Ramona's. I wonder how she's take the revelation about Junghan.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Zii will be as bemused as Dillon or Ruby by the news about Junghan, unless there's a joke to be found in her having picked up a hint.

As to her first time - we've never had any specific information. It's clear that she was active with Amber fairly early on, so it's possible that if anyone asks, she'll say, "well, Amber and I...", causing Ruby to gibber a bit and refuse to think about the subject any further. It's also clear from her effect on Amber that Zii was pretty good at this early on, for what that's worth.

I also have a bit of pure headcanon that says that Zii's first serious relationship went bad for her in the end, triggering her "love 'em and leave 'em" approach. But that's not really relevant here, even if I'm right.
---------
Spidrift

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Spidrift wrote: As to her first time - we've never had any specific information. It's clear that she was active with Amber fairly early on, so it's possible that if anyone asks, she'll say, "well, Amber and I...", causing Ruby to gibber a bit and refuse to think about the subject any further. It's also clear from her effect on Amber that Zii was pretty good at this early on, for what that's worth.

I also have a bit of pure headcanon that says that Zii's first serious relationship went bad for her in the end, triggering her "love 'em and leave 'em" approach. But that's not really relevant here, even if I'm right.
If her first male partner never called her, it might explain her standards for Gary that he had to earn it and had to have feelings for the person. She might insist on meeting Andy if she hasn't done so already.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that her pint was Gary was more that he wasn't going to have a successful ongoing sex life if he didn't get the hang of basic social relations. She or DiDi or someone could have goinked him casually, but then he'd just be the same Gary with unrealistic expectations and amplified neediness. But yeah, there could be some of her own past experiences colouring her attitude there too.

As to Ruby - I don't see her being terribly protective there, though she might try to give solid advice (and would surely povide plenty of sympathy in the event of disaster). What's impressed her about Ruby is how well she's grown up - first, how the gawky kid she knew from back home had turned into a handsome, well-turned-out young woman, and since then, how that rather naive and prudish young woman has so rapidly embraced change and possibility. Her first reaction was to yank Ruby out of her shell; her second was to listen to Ruby's ideas and throw a minor pass on the off-chance. She's treating Ruby as an interesting newly-formed adult, not a kid sister in need of protection.
---------
Spidrift