Sticky Dilly Buns Vol. 1

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Sticky Dilly Buns Vol. 1

Post by Spidrift »

Changed the title and promoted to sticky. Discuss Sticky Dilly Buns Vol. 1 here! The DAMNed

I've just received the PDF of the first print volume, which has a few extras...
  • The chapter splash pages are chibis, and, okay, kind of cute. Yes, I'm a sucker for Chibi-Ruby-Sherlock.
  • The bonus strip is a rather slight five-page story; I guess I'd been hoping for more. It's predictable once you know the premise, and maybe doesn't have a strong enough reaction from Ruby; early-Ruby panicked when she was this embarrassed, and recent-Ruby has been beginning to show signs of a determination not to let herself be beaten. I guess my hope now would be for a sequel with volume 2, showing how Ruby handles the same basic situation once she has some more life experience under her belt -- or, if she has to continue being embarrassed, what else Dillon can spring on her.
  • The book also includes the year's filler sketches, which unfortunately don't all seem to have scanned so well; the "Archie Milkshake" image looks especially weird, and the "Dillon's Massage" pic isn't much better. Oh well, they're throwaways.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Spidrift

Re: Sticky Dilly Buns Vol. 1

Post by Spidrift »

I don't generally hang around Facebook or Twitter, but I was doing a search for something recently and I ran across this rough sketch for the upcoming PDF -- and now I really want that PDF. It does rather confirm my feeling that Ruby is going through her teenage years, five years late, but heaven's she's cute when her guard is down.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.