I am sure impressed with this productivity! :ymapplause:

Yet where is the rating? :D
Maybe undecided yet?
Dillon can't be safe, can he?

Kradeiz

Re: 07-01-13 Awesome leading man

Post by Kradeiz »

Giz wrote:
Kradeiz wrote:Do you still work with Dave on the story of MC, or is that basically all him now?
Mostly all Dave these days for MC. I still read the scripts and give my feedback, though. And I'll help out if need be.
That would explain the change in tone over the last few months. And the fact that while Cerise seems to only consider Mel a rival now in MC, the most recent EC update would indicate they're still at least somewhat friends. Creative differences.
Last edited by Kradeiz on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Yay! Amber as a main character! (I hope). Heck, even in a sidekick role it'd be great.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I'm still trying to get used to the name of the strip! My imagination is on the loose as to what that means! :))

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Hoo boy. I'm not much of a Dillon fan but I feel as though I'm stuck reading, lest I miss continuity gags in Ma3. -_-
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think Dillon will grow on you all...kind of like foot rot :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I like Dillon, he reminds me of several people I know in the local QUILTBAG community (I'm straight but Poly, which is how I get sucked into things in that community. Also there's a lot of overlap with the local Pagan community that I'm also a big part of).
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Giz wrote:Oo! What's this? New strip?! ;)
http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... eading_man
And sadly, there goes the Gary/Amber pairing so many where hoping for. :p

Oarboar

Post by Oarboar »

Dillon is an annoying drama queen, but the only time I really want to knee him in the groin is when he's trying to put the make on Gary even though he knows damn well that Gary's not interested.

So I'm looking forward to the strip. And as a straight guy, I'm not going to be too personally interested in the guy-on-guy fanservice, but please make everyone who likes that lustily cheer while I give a polite golf clap.
"Hey Blossom! I’ve got reach, and you’ve got flexibility. We should bang."
"If you've been given a tank, you don't park it outside a nunnery. You go to war."
"Que ce bordel?" -- Maurice Richard

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Artemisia wrote:You do realize that Melissa, Cerise and Jacqui got their own spinoff and I think we've seen more of them in EC than we have in their own strip :p

Well it is also Tiff's comic. :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

cela

Post by cela »

So, guessing the Gary and Amber plotline is dead in the water.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Not necessarily, look at the *C 'Verse. Comic jumping aplenty.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Kradeiz wrote:That would explain the change in tone over the last few months. And the fact that while Cerise seems to only consider Mel a rival now in MC, the most recent EC update would indicate they're still at least somewhat friends.
They can be both. The three witches are kind of stuck with each other as friends, even if they can't stand each other (in best Pratchettian style). The whole point of a coven is surely that they have stuff in common that they don't have with anybody else, and they're stronger as a trio than as three individuals. So they're always going to have some kind of armed truce.
JoybuzzerX wrote:And sadly, there goes the Gary/Amber pairing so many where hoping for. :p
That's my worry. (Well, not a pairing, necessarily - but Amber's interactions with Gary are always fun, and Chanelle's pep talk did seem to have given Amber a mission there.) But, yeah, G&D don't seem to be afraid of crossovers - see EC and MC, especially at the moment - so we can still hope.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yep...Cerise and Melissa remind me a lot of Gytha and Esme.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Incidentally, there is going to be at least one Ma3 strip this year where we are certain (well, maybe 90% certain) to see at least one of Dillon, Amber, or Chanelle.

Serious fans of the comic will know which number it will be.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.