Holiday Loot

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Holiday Loot

Post by GothPoet »

Just a thread to post what you got (or gave) for Holiday presents (whatever holiday or holidays you celebrate)

I got the Watchmen Director's Cut DVD from my best friend. :D

One of my brothers sent me a card (which, due to his current circumstances, is all he could send me.)

My sister and other brother also got me something, but I don't know what yet. My sister was over here yesterday, finally, and got her present from me, but had left what she got for me at her place. My brother told me when I called what he was sending me was likely to be late, as he had been, as I had, having trouble getting to the post office.

I gave my sister a USB Beverage Cooler; my brother Pocket Ref, 3rd Edition; my sister in law The Star Wars Cookbook, Vol 1; and for my nephews and nieces (in order of age) Electronic Gadgets for the Evil Genius; MythBusters Weird World of Water; Forbidden Lego; Magnetic Poetry Chinese Kit; and Solar System Floor Puzzle. I need to try to get a card for my other brother since I have his address again. And I got my best friend Dark Crystal/Labyrinth DVD and Deus Ex - Complete Edition.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Bear
BANNED

Re: Holiday Loot

Post by Bear »

We are not shows off of what we did or didn't get for christmas around here... *Does the Dr. Ebil pose with new kitten*.

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Post by ExplodingJoe »

I replaced most of my wardrobe which I've been wearing for around 9 years.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Post by Lilianna »

I got a bunch of cool stuff! My boyfriend gave me a Wicked calendar and a journal with the lyrics to Defying Gravity on the outside. My sister gave me a pack of Haunted Mansion playing cards (I'm a geek for the ride, not the movie), my grandma sewed me a pillow that says "This year I will eat more chocolate" and bought me an emerald ring. My mom and dad bought me some nice pajamas (so comfy!), a few cute shirts and jeans, a pink and brown purse (Neapolitan is my favorite color scheme), and two tracksuits (now I look like Sue Sylvester from Glee!). My mom also framed a Beauty and the Beast print I bought from Walt Disney World two years ago for me and my dad bought me a necklace. My honorary grandparents got me a really cute purse and a mini gumball machine. And "Santa" brought Scribblenauts, Professor Layton and the Curious Village, and Mario Karts.
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

just 50 dollars cash and 50 dollar Walmart gift card. My family doesn't celebrate and I'm apparently very bad at telling hubs's family what I want for holidays, so that's usually what I get :P

Hubs, on the other hand, got 3 pairs of jeans, a "more cowbell" shirt, a calendar, also got 50 dollar Walmart card

Oh, we got a basket of homemade cookies and bread to share too. That's already gone :P I might make the inlaws something off of Bakerella's site as a way of saying thanks.

xxcthuluxx

Post by xxcthuluxx »

I got a leather jacket from my gf's parents, *** I also got an oversized flatbed scanner, so I don't need to scan my artwork in little pieces any more... My GF got me a statue of Franky from One Piece (favorite character from favorite manga!!!) http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RwoNvyGrxL4/R ... %2Bneo.jpg and she also got me an Akuma (from street fighter) action figure. http://www.toymania.com/columns/spotlig ... akuma4.jpg Ummm... i got a $40 to a comic shop, and bought a bunch of Hellboy books, and some other money from grandparents. Which is already spent on a swamp thing book, and some other action figures, hehehe. One of the best x-mases ever.

EDIT by admin 20140415 hotlinked image removed at the request of the site owner of soulrevolver .
http://chewbaccastomper.deviantart.com/ <-- my artwork (I am definitely taking commissions right now. Hit me up! My prices are pretty darn reasonable.)

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

Actually had a really generous Xmas this year. I must have been a really good person this year. I got my first iPod, nay first mp3 player (aside from my phone) ever. iPod Touches are pretty nifty.

I also got a bottle of Absolut Rock Edition from my brother. I've told this joke several times already... but it looks more like Absolut Gimp Edition. Yes, that is leather, and it opens up with a full-length zip at the back. Hilarity.

Also got a copy of The Dark Knight Strikes Again (the storyline is, as I've been told, rather silly in comparison to The Dark Knight Returns, sadly), and a voucher I've already spent on a dock/speaker/gadget/thinger for the new iPod.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

As I've mentioned before, I got a plastic travel mug for Christmas. =))

I can't say way, I love how not only I managed a singular gift, but that it's of such a seemingly random nature. It almost feels like something you'd expect out of a quirky movie. At least I didn't get a pink bunny suit like poor Ralphie. :D
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, when it comes to the "I got even less than you!" game, I fear I just can't beat DnE!! :D

Still, Santa pretty much skipped me this year... On the other hand, I got more than I expected.

Yesterday, I used the gift certificate I had gotten for the electronics store. I had expected to buy a bunch of CDs and maybe a DVD or two, but it went the other direction! I got:

- Dark Funeral's "Angelus Exuro pro Eternus" as the limited CD+Live-DVD Slipcase (20 Euros - phew!)
- Gran Torino on DVD (5 Euros)
- Cloverfield limited steelbook (10 Euros)
- Jumper limited steelbook (10 Euros)
- The Incredible Hulk limited 2 DVD first edition steelbook with uncut US version* (8 Euros)
- Hellboy II - The Golden Army limited first edition boxset with 2DVD steelbook and Golden Army action figure (18 Euros)

In sum 71 Euros, so it should have been the gift card + 1 Euro (well, 94 cents).

Instead, it was 60,95 Euros! :-o :-\

Turns out the cashier had forgotten to scan Jumper! =)) :-bd :ymparty:

You might say the movie teleported itself into my stash, nyargh, nyargh!

So now I have 9,05 euros left on the card! :D :ymparty:

Second Christmas present is a card from Sarah!! :x :x :x

But since she sent it to workhome and not eary enough, I will only get it when I come back early next year. She has strewn out hints that "it is awesome" and that she "wrote a lot". Looking forward to!! :x :ympray: :-*

But that's it... Okay, not that I made anyone a gift... =(( I am planning to make one for Sarah, but I need daylight and no rain and my parents out of the house and some time... So far, I have not gotten all four at once. :ymsigh:

I might make mention that Sarah absolutely cleaned the clock this Christmas/18th birthday, I daresay her gifts in sum exceeded 1300$ Canadian!!! :-o B-) She was quite ecstatic.

* I mention this extra since they had the fucking temerity here to cut it (a typical PG-13 Hollywood blockbuster with lots of monster violence but no real gore at all), since it would have gotten a "16+", but they wanted it to be "12+" to get a larger audience. Instead, it flopped totally, especially since about half of the final battle was cut, and in a completely jerky and transparent way as well!! X( X( X(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

GermanMerc

Post by GermanMerc »

I got myself the Rouge Trader Core Rulebook as present to myself.
http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/pro ... m?SKU=RT01
Best present i ever got from this guy :D
Be creative, invent a perversion.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Hmm.
- Lottery tickets (Didn't win shit.)
- A pack of scratch tickets (I won... Another pack of scratch tickets... And in the other pack I won 8 bucks... Yay?)
- "Spoilt" tee from Threadless!
- A book called "Things Drunk People Say"
- 36 gig iPod Touch :-o
- District 9 on Blu-Ray (okay, it was for Derek... But I've watched it more than him already! xD)
- Pocahontas! <3 (10th anniversary edition)
- A snuggie... xD all us "kids" got them. :3
- A Miracle Blender... LOVE IT. *o*
- A Conair heated foot massager <3
- Inglorious Basterds and the Quentin Tarantino Collection (won't get them til sis-in-law ships them out)
- LOTS and LOTS of candy in my stocking! And a flashlight/pen combo.
- A joint gift for Derek and I: $300 in gift cards to a local hotel/spa, which we'll probably use for a Valentine's getaway. ^w^
- And... I also decided to take advantage of Bad Dragon's Boxing Week sale... :))
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

zgwortz
D.O.M.

Post by zgwortz »

I received almost exclusively books, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays. But I also got a couple of gift cards specifically aimed at my getting a *long* delayed widescreen TV, so I went out and bought that on Sunday. Quite the nice present, even if it was over 2/3 paid for by myself. :D It's especially nice to see my Blu-Ray discs (which I've been buying over the DVD versions whenever possible ever since I got my PS3 2 years ago...) in Hi-Def for the first time ever.

As far as giving, my brother got an Eee PC, my sister got a big set of Calphalon pots and pans, and my Mom got some Blu-Rays and an external disk for her Tivo which significantly increases the amount of video she can record.
-->Steve
D.O.M.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

I gave my dad some little Marvel figures that I found at Family Dollar in October. I got my sister and my mother Bruins stuff, Maria is getting a little bear, and my mother is getting gloves and a hat, the latter of which I will most likely confiscate when I get back home :D . Asaryu found out her surprise gift because of me being stupid. But she doesn't know what she's getting as a punishment for ruining the surprise yet. :ymdevil:

I got a St. Christopher (patron saint of travellers) medallion and a silver chain to hang it from, and I wear that now. :) It's lovely. I got a book of Irish poems and prose for the plane rides, as well as the LotR trilogy. Driving gloves, scratch tickets, a calender, candy in my stocking (which I will go grab and consume after this post), and a build-a-bear named Ray (after Ray Bourque) all decked out in Boston Bruins hockey gear. I got to see my brother, which only happens like 4 times a year, so that was pretty awesome. And now I'm just waiting for the end of the week. Not because it's been bad, far from it. But because I can see the gold at the end of the rainbow... and it looks so gooooood. =p~
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i got arkham asylum, left4dead2, a wow prepaid card and a Toshiba satelllite l505 laptop [4gbRam, 1-2gbgraphics 2.56ghz process, figures badly remembered]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Had a rather nice Christmas this year. For the first time in like sixteen years I actually had it off, so bonus right off the bat. Got to actually spend the holiday with friends and family instead of on patrol. That was quite nice. Had a goodly haul as well. Couple hundred in gift cards (always nice), the first two seasons of Bleach (Yay!), the newest expansion pack for WoW, some Star Trek, and a eps, and a second-hand but still quite nice computer (blows my previous machine away at any rate :p ). So all in all a good Christmas. And in the karmic balance of things also aquired a raging sinus infection. :p
But it's getting better and it let me sleep a lot over the holiday, so no real worries.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.