looking for 2x co-op games

Down below, where the dead threads go.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

looking for 2x co-op games

Post by Tenjen »

so me and my friend are seperated by an ocean right now and want to try out 2 player co -op games available over steam or the net.

Stuff like portal 2 or even indie level games. Doesnt have to be a professional but enjoyable. (fear 3 too but not sure how my friend would enjoy shooters)

anyone know any enjoyable co-op games out there? I can google them myself but iam looking more for what people think and have to say rather than just knowing the titles themselves.

My friend did say she'd like something with dragons. *shrug*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Re: looking for 2x co-op games

Post by Radbaron »

Well, if you're both into Tolkien, I would suggest Lord of the Rings Online, which is also "free to play" right now. You can both do solo quests all you want, or both do the same at the same time. Plus it's good to have someone doing the same Fellowship Quest.

www.lotro.com
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

nah i dont think my friend will appreciate anything grindy or an mmo. Which is why i mentioned co op
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i suggest taking a look at GOG, set the filter to show you co-op games. they've got more than a few that look like they might work for you.
Yet still, I live...

Engy

Post by Engy »

Magicka, Left 4 Dead (2), Orcs Must Die! 2 (has to be 2, 1 didn't have co-op), and Saints Row: The Third are the co-op games I have in my library. Magicka and L4D are actually up to 4 players, but L4D supplies you with bots, and Magicka is batshit insane even with just two payers. OMD2 may be just a tad too grindy, as it effectively is a third person Hack-n-Slash Tower Defense game where you slowly unlock more and more 'towers'. Saints Row the Third can probably be best described as 'violent, sexual, language colourfully silly'.

And if all of that fails - there's still Farming Simulator 2013. Yes, it has co-op. No, I couldn't believe it either.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.