Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Gotoh

Re: 2019-07-01 The End

Post by Gotoh »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:24 pm
Yes people, girls can just be friends.
Cess & Laura are proof enough of that.

A few posters started shipping them, until Dave01 said they were friends and that they would stay that way. The same can be said of Layla and Tiff.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

JoybuzzerX wrote:

And two girls can be a couple, even though that sometimes upsets some straight folks.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Yeah, things could have been done better. Plot points could have been handled better or actually completed. But I'm content with Cammi and Sandra finally becoming an item. And I can have my headcanons that Marie eventually returns to Alex to reconcile; Alex, in the meantime, discovers Eloise and Nadine's scheming, and leaves them for a while, but Eloise eventually decides she likes Alex (romantic or sexual? - who knows) and so apologizes and continues having a relationship with him, with Nadine getting in on the action. Christophe finally confesses to Marie, and does she turn him down, or does she at the very least give him a soft maybe? And Lavali continues to have her on-and-off delusions while now in a relationship with the one Mirror Twin that likes her, while still wanting to get it on with the other - oh! and her also giving Eva the good ol' One-Two across the face.

The headcanons are that - headcanons. They may not be official, unless Dave comes back later with any of these characters and incidentally confirms one of these, but they keep me content.

In summation: Some of y'all need to learn to chill, roll with the punches, and respect other people's opinions.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 pm
And two girls can be a couple, even though that sometimes upsets some straight folks.
The problem isn't that they hooked up, it's that it felt rushed.

Imagine if MC ended with Faith and Tiff making out. Would you honestly buy into it, considering all the baggage that needed unpacking before they could plausibly get to that point? 'cuz I wouldn't.

Sandra and Cammi had hints of an attraction, but their only meaningful conversation about hooking up took place while Sandra was plastered. And Cammi squashed it by topping her off to the point that Sandra literally forgot her own name. Then they went an entire year without seeing or hearing from each other and we're supposed to believe Cammi conveniently stayed single all that time, just so they could hook up the moment they finally made contact?

None of that seems odd to you? :-\

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Cortez wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:01 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:

Well of course.

The comment was more in line with the idea that a lot on these forums think girl and girl should equal romance and not just friends. And upsets very few straight folks imo, as a lot of straight folk also seem to be "yay girl and girl"

I'd say the problem comes back to the comic making everyone bi, which the comic itself made fun of, by the whole "didn't you know, everyone is bi in montreal" :p

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:37 am

Then they went an entire year without seeing or hearing from each other and we're supposed to believe Cammi conveniently stayed single all that time, just so they could hook up the moment they finally made contact?
You seem to be forgetting how upset Cammi was about the way Zoe exiled Sandra and that pretty much was why she left Paris.

She clearly does care about Sandra.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:05 am
You seem to be forgetting how upset Cammi was about the way Zoe exiled Sandra and that pretty much was why she left Paris.

She clearly does care about Sandra.
So she left Paris and decided to stay single in the hopes that Sandra would show up... eventually? How ever long that was gonna be, if ever?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, she left Paris and stayed single. That doesn't mean she didn't hook up or go on dates. She hooked up with Dom in the limo before. She's not against one night stands.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Yeah. And after the tropical island, Cammi was clearly upset over how she had to make Sandra forget about her confession towards the chauffeur, and was coping by having multiple one-night stands.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

RConrad wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:58 pm
Yeah. And after the tropical island, Cammi was clearly upset over how she had to make Sandra forget about her confession towards the chauffeur, and was coping by having multiple one-night stands.
That would be this strip.

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... a_hangover

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

All I can say about this is I appreciate the work Dave and Eisu have done to make this comic. It could've been better, but given the circumstances, I can still accept it.
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 am

I'd say the problem comes back to the comic making everyone bi, which the comic itself made fun of, by the whole "didn't you know, everyone is bi in montreal" :p
I see no problem with this. A conceits for fictional properties go, it's quite mild and pleasant.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Dr. Jamming wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:14 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:21 am

I see no problem with this. A conceits for fictional properties go, it's quite mild and pleasant.
I'd say it was less a matter of part of the rules of the fictional universe and more a joke (hence the joke made about what's been done in the comic). If it was just a rule of the comic's fictional universe, then the comment never would've needed to be made, as everyone would know it. :p

Also, we've seen in the comic, it wasn't quite true, hence why it was just a joke.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

Thank you Eisu, Dave, T and Giz for the wonderful comic. I am happy that Sandra and Cammi got together, as others commented their relationship was built up sufficiently over time.

I think it's ok that not every detail got resolved, maybe we'll meet some of the characters again in other comics. For example Sandra's Carmen Chamelia work might bring her into contact with the PTC characters, or Aaina and Aania might encounter Bianca and Sonya in some spy/heist related encounter.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Sandra x Cammi FOREVER! <3