Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Spidrift

Re: 2019-02-08 'Sup Shades

Post by Spidrift »

vampire hunter D wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 am
Question for Eisu:

is it harder to do a fuzzy panel like #4 here than a regular one?
I'm not Eisu, but I do own a copy of Photoshop... I suspect that what would once have committed the artist to a lot of tiresome faff with ink washes, is now accomplished in a couple of minutes with the right menu option.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

nottere

Post by nottere »

While I would love to see Cammi and Sandra get together. . .I REALLY hope Cammi makes Sandra work for it a little. I mean, Cammi had been so concerned for Sandra's emotional well-being when she thought that her boyfriend had suddenly passed away. That whole thing was really ugly and manipulative. : /

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

There's also the possibility that Cammi may have moved on already. It's been a year since she and Sandra last saw each other and we know Cammi gets a lot of action.

Granted, it's a comic, so narratively, the odds likely favor Cammi still carrying a torch for Sandra. But realistically, I wouldn't put money on it.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Gotta remember that Cammi talked so far as about possibly wanting to marry Sandra, so she obviously had feelings for her that she felt were serious enough to warrant that talk.
Last edited by RConrad on Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@RConrad: I haven't forgotten, which is why I said, narratively, the odds are that she's still single.

But in a more realistic setting, I wouldn't be surprised if Cammi had moved on.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:40 am
So Cammi has been partially blind the whole time? What a twist! I feel like they maybe should have set that up more in prior strips but w/e.
She can't have been - if you're "partially blind" (as opposed to short-sighted and maybe a light-oversensitive to need dark glasses), you're not legally allowed to drive. And she's a chauffeur.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:36 pm
vampire hunter D wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 am
Question for Eisu:

is it harder to do a fuzzy panel like #4 here than a regular one?
I'm not Eisu, but I do own a copy of Photoshop... I suspect that what would once have committed the artist to a lot of tiresome faff with ink washes, is now accomplished in a couple of minutes with the right menu option.
I didn't use any filter for that panel, I drew that line by line... Plus, I don't use Photoshop, I use Clip Studio Paint.

That being said, definitely easier to draw a fuzzy panel than a regular one ^o^

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Gotoh wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:44 pm
There's also the possibility that Cammi may have moved on already. It's been a year since she and Sandra last saw each other and we know Cammi gets a lot of action.

Granted, it's a comic, so narratively, the odds likely favor Cammi still carrying a torch for Sandra. But realistically, I wouldn't put money on it.
Love can be funny in that you can still carry that torch after a long period of time.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Eisu wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:30 am
I didn't use any filter for that panel, I drew that line by line...
My apologies for underestimating how much work you put in.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I see this as Cammi needing serious correction and getting her shades done by an optometrist. Like I do.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

RConrad wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:00 pm
Gotta remember that Cammi talked so far as about possibly wanting to marry Sandra, so she obviously had feelings for her that she felt were serious enough to warrant that talk.
Your link just went to the top of the forum page instead of the comic you were trying to link to because you forgot to put the comic URL in the link. I can see that now that I can see the naked text in the quote field.

Also the link to the forums on the home page isn't clickable any more.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:52 am
Your link just went to the top of the forum page instead of the comic you were trying to link to because you forgot to put the comic URL in the link. I can see that now that I can see the naked text in the quote field.

Also the link to the forums on the home page isn't clickable any more.
Was sure I did that right the first. Ah well. Fixed it.