Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Meowmix

Re: 2019-01-29 Firm but nurturing

Post by Meowmix »

tanonev wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 am
I'm no expert on hairdressing, but how is Fabien's achievement "matching" Marie's original hair colour? Surely he's just washing all the dark dye out? Which may be tricky in itself, of course. Or is the implication that Marie was a fake blonde all along?
I'm also not an expert on hairdressing, but my sister had her hair dyed purple and needed it removed for a job that required a "natural" hair color. She had a professional remove it (and she was happy with the results), but (1) it didn't return to her natural color (to be fair that was definitely going to be the case since our natural hair color is black, so she had to have it bleached in order for the purple to show up), (2) it required some touching up in order to look good, and (3) you can still see a hint of purple under certain lighting conditions. My guess is hair dye is not something you just "wash out", but rather something you bleach away and then retouch to match the roots.
This.

There's a term - "once you go black, you never go back" - that has nothing to do with sexual encounters and everything to do with haircolor. Removing black is one of the most difficult things to do, but being able to lift it even close to her natural color (light blonde) without damaging it AND get it to EXACTLY match her original color is...

...honestly, that's the sort of thing you pay hundreds of dollars for, and sit in a chair for hours.
Like honey and clover.

Spidrift

Re: 2019-01-29 Firm but nurturing

Post by Spidrift »

Thank you. My vast areas of ignorance are slightly reduced...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.