Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2019-01-25 "Slumming" or something

Post by Eisu »

RConrad

Re: 2019-01-25 "Slumming" or something

Post by RConrad »

You can’t buy the sort of satisfaction slapping Eva twice in the face gives you. Or even seeing the end result.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

What did the ten fingers say to the face? SLAP SLAP! :D

Still holdin' out hope for a face turn from Tomax and Xamot. There's good in them, I can feel it!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

RConrad wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 am
You can’t buy the sort of satisfaction slapping Eva twice in the face gives you. Or even seeing the end result.
It was a long time coming, but worth it. She's still missing one though: from Lavali. b-(

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:48 am
What did the ten fingers say to the face? SLAP SLAP! :D

Still holdin' out hope for a face turn from Tomax and Xamot. There's good in them, I can feel it!
How so? They're laughing at someone while they're down. They're toadies through and through, but perhaps they have enough sense to realize that Eva overplayed her hand and getting slapped down by Marie is only the beginning of her downfall. I imagine Zoe is capable of worse.
Gotoh wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:26 am
RConrad wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:09 am
It was a long time coming, but worth it. She's still missing one though: from Lavali. b-(
The joke may be on Eva since Lavali might not have been heartbroken at all, but relieved since it meant she could pursue Anahi. Just because Eva is hot doesn't mean she knows what she's doing in bed. Lavali might've been bored with the sex, but was happy to be with a hot woman who pretended to care about her.

Hopefully, we'll find out what Lavali has been up to before this all ends.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I love that it was Marie that slapped her. And guess on the end the twins aren't really on anyone's side.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So Eva plays a perfect hand for a whole year, then makes an elementary stupid misreading when she thinks she's closing the deal?

Huh. Okay.

I'm assuming that Zoé will be a little uncertain about this, but will accept it as basically good for Marie. Whatevs. It's just another Pixietrix hasty plot wrap.

Anyone know anything about Canadian immigration law? It might have something to say about this plan.
cheshire86 wrote:
Along with fava beans and a nice chianti?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

ven

Post by ven »

Look, it's a funny joke...now that has been a while. Swift and vicious, hilarious.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:04 am
So Eva plays a perfect hand for a whole year, then makes an elementary stupid misreading when she thinks she's closing the deal?

Huh. Okay.

I'm assuming that Zoé will be a little uncertain about this, but will accept it as basically good for Marie. Whatevs. It's just another Pixietrix hasty plot wrap.

Anyone know anything about Canadian immigration law? It might have something to say about this plan.
cheshire86 wrote:
Along with fava beans and a nice chianti?
Well, according the world at large, everyone is welcome everywhere else freely, and it's just America that tries to keep out illegals. So she should get in just by walking off the plane. :p

That said, you said it was a hasty wrap up, so likely glossed over and she gets in :)

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

Marie being (likely) British, it probably shouldn't be a huge problem to move to Canada for a while. I don't know much about the law, being USian, but I'm under the impression that the barriers to moving between Commonwealth countries are rather low. And Canada definitely is a country that prioritizes achievement for immigrants, so getting a visa and a permanent residency for a frikkin' supermodel shouldn't be any problem at all.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

Out of curiosity, how do Marie's parents figure into all of this? At the start of this all she was still in high school. Did she drop out when she joined up with Eva?

Spacedoubt

Post by Spacedoubt »

THAN NOT THEN

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, there’s an error in the tags; Zoé is listed despite not being visible in the comic, whereas Eva is visible but not listed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BrianX

Post by BrianX »

tanonev wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 pm
Out of curiosity, how do Marie's parents figure into all of this? At the start of this all she was still in high school. Did she drop out when she joined up with Eva?
If I had to guess, I'd say that they probably keep in regular touch from the UK but they aren't directly involved, and probably know a lot about her modeling but very little about her partying. She's probably been living with Lavali and Alex with Lavali as guardian (or are their parents there? I don't remember -- either way, big sis gets a job at Ubi- er, Dark Matter, why wouldn't lil bro go?), and she probably did drop out to make room for her partying schedule.

Presumably moving from France to Canada will be okay with them, because I doubt it's going to get mentioned in-story to any great extent. (Even if it'll be a little harder than hopping a train under the channel to visit home.)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

tanonev wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:50 pm

Her parents are DEAD! *SLAP!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.