2019-01-11 Finally learned where you truly belong

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

RConrad

Re: 2019-01-11 Finally learned where you truly belong

Post by RConrad »

WELP!

Time to crack open the hard stuff, cause this is depressing to witness.

We really got our hopes up with the possibility that Marie would tough it out. But now we're reminded that she fell that far to begin with because of a boy.

... Fuck, I honestly feel like I need a drink after this.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Sandra: "It's time. Light the signal, Ingrid."

a spotlight with a pair of sunglasses in the center appears on the skyline \M/

Alice Macher

Post by Alice Macher »

Huh. I guess the ending of this comic will be farther off than I was expecting, even allowing for Eisu's scheduling. This is more like your standard second-act ending (of a three-act structure), in which the villain has come out ahead for the time being.

Given this series is mostly a comedy, and comedies have happy endings, Marie will get hers eventually, just as Eva will likely get her comeuppance. But it'll be a while before we get there. (A while in terms of the number of comics left, regardless of posting schedule.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. This comic isn’t finishing “this month”, for any meaningful definition of the term, unless it’s going for a horribly rushed or total downer ending. Though I can see Zoé arriving like the wrath of God incarnate once she discovers what Eva has been up to, which could speed things up.

But then, Eisu is still marking these strips as being from January, so I suppose the dating may be highly virtual.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Not smart. Regardless of whether Marie could face Zoe she knows what Eva has been up to and will be gunning for her now.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

I WAS PROMISED HUMOR, BUT THERE WAS NONE.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I'm a little surprised she fears wearing a squid costume that much that she would prefer this. I guess she really became attached to the lavish life of a successful model.

Or she just doesn't want to hear Zoe say "I told you so".

Chaos Sepher

Post by Chaos Sepher »

I am seriously hoping she bites one of her fucking toes off. >:(

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 am
I'm a little surprised she fears wearing a squid costume that much that she would prefer this. I guess she really became attached to the lavish life of a successful model.

Eva’s humiliation is somewhat private. She’s just groveling before Eva and her two flunkies whereas she imagines years of degrading modeling jobs under Zoe. It’s the lesser of two evils or so she thinks.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Ouch. Was not expecting this and it's so sad :(

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Some girls, you just can't reach.
So you get what we had here last week -- which is the way she wants it.
Well, she gets it.
And I don't like it anymore than you girls.

Yes, I'm paraphrasin'.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 am

It’s all a bit plot-arbitrary. I mean, logically, if she can’t face Zoé, there’s presumably nothing much to stop her from going back to the perfectly good life she had before all this nonsense started, and getting on with her education. This just makes her look shallow and addicted to a life of parties and being a crappy person.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:03 am
It’s all a bit plot-arbitrary. I mean, logically, if she can’t face Zoé, there’s presumably nothing much to stop her from going back to the perfectly good life she had before all this nonsense started, and getting on with her education. This just makes her look shallow and addicted to a life of parties and being a crappy person.
It's really hard to tell how broken she is as a person. Did walking on in Alex's first threesome with two girls, under the belief he was gay, damage her that much? Gods forbid she gets over a high school crush in a more a healthy manner.

By the way, how do you guys think Alex has been doing?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Suspended in a stasis field because the comic doesn’t have time to wrap his plot, probably.

I mean, I’d kind of hope that he’d realistically discover that he’d been used, spend a few days angsting over that, allow himself a private smirk over the way he’d been used, discover that there was no way to reach Marie to talk to her about what happened, angst over that for a couple of days before deciding that Marie was clearly doing rather well in her new career so whatevs, go back to school, lose himself in work, and have a good university place lined up by now. But that would be far too rational for this comic. Alternatively, he may have been spending time helping his poor sister get over being dumped by Eva when she was of no further use. Poor, poor Lavali.

But Alex may get wheeled on as part of the get-Marie-back plot thread, I guess.
---------
Spidrift