Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2018-11-13 Respect your wishes

Post by Eisu »

RConrad

Re: 2019-11-13 Respect your wishes

Post by RConrad »

Hmmm... not turning out exactly as one would have inagined it. But one way to interpret this is Zoe is respecting Sandra to make her own decisions. Too literally, of course.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Come on, Sandra. I know you're upset about falling into that pool of water, but that's no call to be a wet drip. *rimshot*

Anyway, I hope Sandra does give Zoe a piece of her mind. After all, I'd hate to think she'd come all this way only to grovel and ask for her job back.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Wonder if uses the same rose petals as Hekate?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:02 pm
Anyway, I hope Sandra does give Zoe a piece of her mind. After all, I'd hate to think she'd come all this way only to grovel and ask for her job back.
Fallacy of the excluded middle. There’s a large space between “Successfully tells Zoé off” and “Grovels”.
brasca wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:11 pm
Wonder if uses the same rose petals as Hekate?
Second-hand rose petals? Ugh.

Anyhow — it’s good to see you back, Eisu. (And I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours in your absence. I have a copy on order.) Easing back in with a fairly minor gag strip, though, so there’s not much more to say about this one.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Come on, Sandra. I know you're upset about falling into that pool of water, but that's no call to be a wet drip. *rimshot*

She kinda lost the moxie she had when she first returned though.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Sure, but she could get it back.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Damn, Zoe sure got one over on Sandra. What an absolutely devastating move, her getting in the bath is. Sandra is right to be speechless, considering how incredibly annihilated her ego must be, now that Zoe is in the tub.

Sorry, what? Just tell her off, who gives a fig if she pulled the world's lowest-stakes Rabbit Season?
**== **== **== **==

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I'm not sure I see anyway of Sandra really winning anything by telling Zoe off. It may feel good for the minute she does it, but it will fall flat soon.

Without Zoe (and Dimitre), Sandra never would've gotten anywhere. It was the two of them that got her started, then Sandra herself ruined it. Sure, Zoe shouldn't have done plan 37 (?) but without doing it, Sandra wouldn't be the success she is now, as she wouldn't have worked hard for it, she would've continued down the road she did.

What Sandra really needs to do is find Pierre apologize. Then find Cammi and tell her she loves her and the two of them end the comic living happily ever after :p

Itrogash

Post by Itrogash »

Cortez wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:23 pm
LegendaryKroc wrote:

She kinda lost the moxie she had when she first returned though.
Yeah. Hopefully she will be able to think more clearly about what she wants to say now that initial anger boiled down. Judging by her reaction it doesn't seem that it's gonna happen though.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:30 pm
What Sandra really needs to do is find Pierre apologize. Then find Cammi and tell her she loves her and the two of them end the comic living happily ever after :p
You know what, I like you.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Look at the bright side, Sandra... when you were her protege, you didn't have to toss rose petals in her bath water. :D

It sure looks like the job description for "protege" has changed during Sandra's exile...