Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2018-09-21 Give Marie a talking-to

Post by Eisu »

RConrad

Re: 2018-09-21 Give Marie a talking-to

Post by RConrad »

Hm... Sandra at Eviv Bulgroz's pool. Deja vu.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Slightly puzzled by the jump between this and the last strip. Before Sandra was close enough to see Marie throw a drink into the waitresses' face but now there's a large crowd between her and Marie. Maybe Sandra was so surprised to see how Marie had changed that Marie had time to walk away through the crowd and onto the dance floor before Sandra could remember she wanted to talk to her.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

dmra wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 pm
Slightly puzzled by the jump between this and the last strip. Before Sandra was close enough to see Marie throw a drink into the waitresses' face but now there's a large crowd between her and Marie. Maybe Sandra was so surprised to see how Marie had changed that Marie had time to walk away through the crowd and onto the dance floor before Sandra could remember she wanted to talk to her.
What gets me is that Marie decided to go to the dance floor and do a little jig, only to then leave. I think it would have been better to have had her just straight walk through the dance floor to leave, irritated that the waitress got her drink wrong and ‘spoiling’ the evening. And it’d show just how much she’s changed into an arrogant and spiteful bitch.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Sandra seems forever fated to fall into a pool that is precariously close to a party!

Kind of hope Marie's goth phase isn't also accompanied by "suddenly deciding to be a lesbian because a man betrayed her trust" phase. Indeed there is *experimenting* but Marie's situation doesn't seem to fall under that definition. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, mainly since I'm seeing red flags with the evil twins dancing with her and then following her as she departs.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

dmra wrote:
You don't have to be THAT close to see someone throw water in someone's face. I can see that from one end of a club to the other and plus, as implied, Sandra was looking around the club last strip looking for Marie and happened to see the wine face throwing incident.

If you're thinking how can she see that incident through the crowd, that's more because the dance floor, where the crowd is, is on a lower level area as can be seen here:

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... iv_Bulgroz

So when Marie was doing her bitch-thing, she was on the above level, getting drinks, possibly at the other side of the dance floor. Then she decided she wants to dance instead, which then makes her go down to the dance floor which is super crowded and was not easily accessible for Sandra to get to her. But, probably, deciding that the dancing is not helping with her mood, Marie decides to leave.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Speaking on her actions, part of me sincerely hopes she's still not too far gone, and is merely putting up a front to keep the Twins (and thus, Eva, who may have them keeping on eye her) convinced she's permanently changed.

And I still want to see how other facets of her life has suffered, like her apartment, her friendships (which may or may not be destroyed) and school (which she may also have dropped out of to focus on modeling - per Eva's orders?)

I'm morbidly curious to see how bad her life has gone... it'd be like reading Emergence.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well at least this time Sandra was fully clothed, but it actually might be better if she was naked since that outfit might be ruined now. Well at least she's sober

I have to wonder if someone intentionally pushed her into the fountain since it seems like that might happen all the time if it's close to the dance floor with a low barrier.

dmra

Post by dmra »

Eisu wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:11 am
dmra wrote:
You don't have to be THAT close to see someone throw water in someone's face. I can see that from one end of a club to the other and plus, as implied, Sandra was looking around the club last strip looking for Marie and happened to see the wine face throwing incident.

If you're thinking how can she see that incident through the crowd, that's more because the dance floor, where the crowd is, is on a lower level area as can be seen here:

http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... iv_Bulgroz

So when Marie was doing her bitch-thing, she was on the above level, getting drinks, possibly at the other side of the dance floor. Then she decided she wants to dance instead, which then makes her go down to the dance floor which is super crowded and was not easily accessible for Sandra to get to her. But, probably, deciding that the dancing is not helping with her mood, Marie decides to leave.
Thanks for the explanation. That make's perfect sense and my quibble is withdrawn. Oh and the art as always was fantastic so thanks for that too.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hmm. This bit of story feels kind of patchy and jumpy. I guess it's setting up a situation whereby Sandra has seen Marie but not spoken to her, so now she has to go off and try and recruit Alex or Lavali or someone to assist. Still, it doesn't... flow.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:08 am
Kind of hope Marie's goth phase isn't also accompanied by "suddenly deciding to be a lesbian because a man betrayed her trust" phase. Indeed there is *experimenting* but Marie's situation doesn't seem to fall under that definition. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, mainly since I'm seeing red flags with the evil twins dancing with her and then following her as she departs.
I think you're reading too much into this. My assumption is that Marie now thinks of the twins as her posse, while actually Eva has assigned them to be her minders (and they don't mind because watching her corruption is a good giggle).

Marie's sex life, if any, remains undetermined. I have a nasty feeling that she's a case of Good Girls Don't, and is telling herself that men aren't worth the trouble, so the writer can preserve her fundamental purity for Alex. But who knows? Maybe her fundament is no longer pure.

(And she's hardly gone goth. Black-haired black-hearted bitch, is all.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

I'm saddened by this change in Marie. She went from good-hearted spunky gamer girl to total diva bitch. What worries me for her now is what will happen if Eva decides to dump her in this state. After all, it seems to me that all her "power" is totally dependant on Eva's allowances. Something tells me that the Twins wouldn't be letting her smack them around if it weren't for their real boss glaring at them from over Marie's shoulder. Ultimately, Marie has only the appearance of Eva's grip, and none of the substance.