Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

RConrad

Re: 2018-09-04 Next thing we knew...

Post by RConrad »

BioYuGi wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:41 pm
Who was Lavali?
There were so many blondes I can't keep track.
Alex's sister, and the one with a serious crush on the Indian Twins. Also, Eva's unknowing informant.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

After her brutal treatment of Sandra (Drugged against her will and shipped away, really ? I know this is a comics but still...), I've got a really hard time to side with Zoe, yet, I can't side with Marie since she's used violence...

My feelings at this point is that EVERYONE HAD IT COMING...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 pm
Eva will probably throw Marie away if she feels like she outlived her usefulness.
Perhaps, but then Zoe would point out that she doesn't have what it takes to spot talent and mold them into someone extraordinary. Needling her about that might be enough to compel Eva to keep Marie despite all the problems. Of course the longer Marie is with Eva the greater the chance her career will end tragically. Perhaps for her sake she might let Eva win.

I know parents are largely absent in the Pixie Trix universe, but I doubt they would approve constant partying especially if it affected her grades. There's been some discussion about the age of consent, but unless Marie is emancipated they could or possibly did put their foot down at some point. Maybe Zoe gave them an anonymous tip about what their daughter has been up to and they shut her down.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Can't say that slap wasn't well deserved; especially considering that Marie wasn't even one of Zoe's models in training.

What brazen balls does Zoe have to have in order to think she has any right to tell Marie to quit a job she was clearly enjoying?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 pm
Can't say that slap wasn't well deserved; especially considering that Marie wasn't even one of Zoe's models in training.

What brazen balls does Zoe have to have in order to think she has any right to tell Marie to quit a job she was clearly enjoying?
Zoe has a 'My Way or the Highway' type personality. But she's right in that Eva's way - the easy way - is wrong. And all of this was at most probably the first month of Sandra having been gone for a year. And Zoe said Marie would be spit out in 6 months.

Zoe needed a slap, but for the right reason - which would be, getting slapped for throwing Sandra aside. Something Cammi (or any of us for that matter) would have happily done... if we could get away with it.

But Marie ain't thinking straight, otherwise she wouldn't have burned that bridge.

dmra

Post by dmra »

@Fluffy

Not wanting to seem to be harping on about something but what right does somebody whose idea for dealing with a disgruntled employee is to drug and kidnap them have to give anybody advice on anything?

Going out partying vs committing serious assault on upset colleagues. Which of those is more likely to get somebody in trouble?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sigh. Unless we get a major narrative reverse very soon, it appears that Zoé has suffered a tragic case of coolness decay. Plan 37-B looks less and less like a way of getting Sandra to accept some responsibility, and more like an over-complicated way of sacking her. And now it turns out that when Eva’s scheme was revealed, all Zoé could do in response was walk into a slap in the face.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:32 am
Sigh. Unless we get a major narrative reverse very soon, it appears that Zoé has suffered a tragic case of coolness decay.
I'd contend that she was never cool to begin with, given her perpetually short fuse. "Cool" would be someone more like Ash, or Cammi. The type of person that can maintain their composure and rationale even under pressure. It's the sort of thing we've yet to see from Zoé , because of how quickly and easily she gets triggered.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Zoé is exactly what I always said she was: an incompetent fool, at least as a leader. She may know the business, and she may even be right about the way to approach it, but what good is any of that if you're too busy storming around like an enraged bull and not listening to anyone to see what's happening right under your nose?

Funny thing is, for Sandra to have a go at her now might be punching down ...

dmra

Post by dmra »

Spidrift wrote:
Sigh. Unless we get a major narrative reverse very soon, it appears that Zoé has suffered a tragic case of coolness decay. Plan 37-B looks less and less like a way of getting Sandra to accept some responsibility, and more like an over-complicated way of sacking her. And now it turns out that when Eva’s scheme was revealed, all Zoé could do in response was walk into a slap in the face.
If the intention was to get Sandra away from France for a while all they had to do was show Sandra and Zoe arguing about how much advice and help Sandra needs.

Zoe claiming "you'd be nothing without me and the agency" Sandra saying that it was down to her and then Zoe saying "prove it! Go back to where you started and see how well things go when you're on your own. Just you. Not us and not the friends you made working with us"

Sandra goes back in Montreal to prove her point, has a (vaguely) plausible reason for not speaking to anybody or having them contact her and then we get back to where we are now with her returning to France to triumph over Zoe and find out what happened to the people she had to leave behind.

It would take just about as much time as the existing story line without any pointlessly stupid need to jump the shark with plan 37-B.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Fluffy wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 pm

You mean self destructingly partying?

And you all that this all ends whith Zoe being right, yeah? It's so obvious.

MrsKytro

Post by MrsKytro »

Spidrift wrote:
It's incorrigible and unforgivable behaviour, but part of me still hopes it was only intended to be temporary (like a month or something) to force Sandra to cool off and see how good she had it before Zoé n co swept back. Then something happened to prevent the return. Otherwise, as you said, it's just... a really new low, nasty way to fire someone...

RConrad

Post by RConrad »

MrsKytro wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:26 am
It's incorrigible and unforgivable behaviour, but part of me still hopes it was only intended to be temporary (like a month or something) to force Sandra to cool off and see how good she had it before Zoé n co swept back. Then something happened to prevent the return. Otherwise, as you said, it's just... a really new low, nasty way to fire someone...
That may be it. And it speaks of what Eisu has said: Just wait and see.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

All those years of playing Street Fighter finally paid off for Marie. :D

And now Zoe knows what the five fingers said to the face. SLAP!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

KittyHat wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 am
Zoé is exactly what I always said she was: an incompetent fool, at least as a leader. She may know the business, and she may even be right about the way to approach it, but what good is any of that if you're too busy storming around like an enraged bull and not listening to anyone to see what's happening right under your nose?
You’re not wrong, but I still think that there’s a bit of flanderisation there. The original impression I got with Zoé was that she knew her stuff, got shit done, and had her heart in the right place, but she just had a bit of an anger management problem — which was somewhat understandable given that she was surrounded by idiots and flakes. But as the story went on, Dave chose to emphasise the anger aspect rather than the competence, leaving her looking much less sympathetic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.