2018-08-31 Didn't see eye to eye

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

emo samurai

Re: 2018-08-31 Didn't see eye to eye

Post by emo samurai »

I'm thinking this isn't the end of anything, this is more like a shonen manga time skip. This should be called Sandra on the Rocks Shippuden Z.

Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

For people wondering why Cammi would be so upset about what happened with Sandra, it’s quite possible that Cammi feels somewhat responsible for getting Sandra into the compromising position that led Zoe to toss her back to Canada. She wanted to find out Aaina’s Secret, so she started them drinking to help loosen her tongue, then asked Ingrid to manufacture some alone time to chat with Aaina, who convinced a tipsy Sandra to go skinny-dipping.

So it may feel to Cammi that her efforts to protect Sandra are what led to her Zoe exiling her back to Canada.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or, Cammi is even more infatuated with Sandra than she let herself think, so losing Sandra really hurt her. Plus, she couldn’t then talk about this to Ingrid, because that would have been blatantly hurtful to Ingrid, so she had to bottle it up.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Plus Sandra did imply that Cammi was dating Ingrid became she was "Like Sandra".

But yeah, it probably has to do a lot with her feelings for Sandra. Though it is possible she feels responsible for Sandra's exile.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

emo samurai wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:24 pm
I'm thinking this isn't the end of anything, this is more like a shonen manga time skip. This should be called Sandra on the Rocks Shippuden Z.
Thank you. People who keeps on complaining how "it's all rushed" "wouldn't it be good if we get to see it happen" and all really don't understand the concept of time skip in a comic...

I mean, you're supposed to feel left out, that's the whole idea. Right now, you're in Sandra's shoes, not there when it happened.

Though, I had the same complaints as well when No Pink Ponies had a time skip so oh well... it's today's readers thing I suppose.
Anyway, even though Alex is 15
Who the hell said Alex is 15?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Eisu wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:58 am
emo samurai wrote:
Thank you. People who keeps on complaining how "it's all rushed" "wouldn't it be good if we get to see it happen" and all really don't understand the concept of time skip in a comic...

I mean, you're supposed to feel left out, that's the whole idea. Right now, you're in Sandra's shoes, not there when it happened.
Well, we've been told all the Pxie Trix comics are ending because of a lack of ad revenue, and we're apparently in extra time on book 3 to wrap things up. Unless you're saying Sandra waking up in Montreal ended book 3 and this is early in a full book 4?

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Eisu wrote:
emo samurai wrote:

Though, I had the same complaints as well when No Pink Ponies had a time skip so oh well... it's today's readers thing I suppose.
I liked the time skip concept. But I think people are complaining about the perceived "rush" not because of the concept. According to Pixie Trix's announcements, Sandra on the Rocks is on overtime. Volume 3 already got to 150 strips and we don't know if it is an extended volume (and how many extra strips that means) or if this is Volume 4, we are in the dark and when that happens, we turn to precedents, and we have 2: Eerie Cuties and Magick Chicks, in those comics the endings were rushed and some plots were left hanging, so people are speculating that maybe that will happen here as well.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

dmra

Post by dmra »

Eisu wrote:
emo samurai wrote:

Time skips are fine if they make sense. In this comic we've had to accept that a whole bunch of modern age people just stop speaking to each other and make no effort to keep in touch.

As one example Cammi was really really upset by the way Sandra was treated. So upset that she took a leave of absence from work. But for a whole year she didn't care enough to let Sandra know that she was upset over what happened.

For another we're told Sandra left her phone behind and didn't know anybody's surnames. But she knew where Lavali worked and had been to Marie's apartment so what was stopping her from writing to them?

Marie, Lavali nobody seemed to think it was worth trying to track Sandra down and keep in touch. Which doesn't say a lot for their friendship does it?

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It does make you wonder why Cammi didn't just go to Montreal herself.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Zippy wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:36 am
Eisu wrote:
emo samurai wrote:

Well, we've been told all the Pxie Trix comics are ending because of a lack of ad revenue, and we're apparently in extra time on book 3 to wrap things up. Unless you're saying Sandra waking up in Montreal ended book 3 and this is early in a full book 4?
This is why I always think it's best to just wait, read and not speculate. Y'all speculating so much thinking "Oh, it's gonna end next week" and all that, it's just gonna ruin your enjoyment. If there's an update, read and enjoy, don't speculate so much on when it's going to end.

Just enjoy the show.
As one example Cammi was really really upset by the way Sandra was treated. So upset that she took a leave of absence from work. But for a whole year she didn't care enough to let Sandra know that she was upset over what happened.
I dunno what Dave's planning, but the way I see it, her leave of absence is probably recent and for most of the year, she was still working with Zoe and she knows Sandra in Paris, being that she only has Sandra's phone number that she left in Paris. She probably doesn't have Sandra's e-mail mainly cos most of the time, at least in my life, when I asked someone their phone number, that's it, done and done. I got their phone number already, why the heck would I need their e-mail for? Of course, Cammi could probably search on Facebook since it's been established Sandra does have Facebook, but then, it might be Cammi herself might not have a social media presence at all cos I really don't see Cammi as someone who'd do social media at all (and yes, there are people like this), of course, that shouldn't excuse the fact she can't just look up Sandra anyway maybe using Ingrid's account, but maybe at that time, Sandra herself might not be checking her facebook much anymore due to her own busy schedule.

Why she hasn't gone to Montreal herself might be either busy or finance... she might drive the rich but that doesn't mean she's crazy rich herself.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:37 pm
Well, it’s not excusing it, but he is a teenage boy — and not one who’s used to thinking of himself as a chick magnet. Raging hormones combined with unexpected opportunities can have predictably dubious results.
Which is why I view the adult, fully aware and comfortable with their sexuality, women, in a bad light - taking advantage of an inexperienced, naïve, and as you noted, teenage boy with little self-confidence.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, yes, those two women are among the comic's very clear villains. Is this news?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Up and coming models can’t be expected to accept the Facebook friend requests of mere chauffeurs.

Which reminds me . . . I need to go cancel my fb friend request to a webcomic artist (and fellow gamer) whose work I like because he’s ignored it for two years . . . 😒