Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-11-11 We'll be strong in no time

Post by Eisu »

FlashD81

Re: 2014-11-11 We'll be strong in no time

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) :)) =)) =))

I'm doing my best not to laugh out loud because I might wake the neighborhood with it. Here I thought Marie was in shape but I guess she doesn't do that much cardio.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

ChattaStarhawk

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

She's in better shape than he is, but that's not saying much. :))

brasca

Post by brasca »

I think Marie burned up all her energy showing off. Alex on the other hand is slow and steady and might have prevailed if he was in better shape.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:I'm doing my best not to laugh out loud because I might wake the neighborhood with it. Here I thought Marie was in shape but I guess she doesn't do that much cardio.
Perhaps I'm not in the best shape myself, but I find running up and down stairs pretty damn hard work. Lasting ten-plus minutes is fairly impressive in my book.

On the other hand, is it really the exercise to use to build strength, like she wants? It's much more a cardio/fitness thing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

She did say this is the first step.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

:)) :)) =)) =)) :)) I figured that was going to result in epic fail for Alex from the get-go; his lungs probably started burning during his first run up the stairs. I didn't expect Marie to end up near collapse herself after such a short time though, she looked like she exercised regularly. It's probably like Brasca said and she burned off too much energy showing up Alex.

I'm kind of surprised the Alex was even able to speak in that last panel. I figured after 10+ minutes running up and down stairs (or crawling in his case :)) ) he'd barely be able to catch enough breath to make wheezing noises, never mind anything more sophisticated.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Well, before they go play video games, they really should both have a good, long shower. :))
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Hey!!

For all of you saying you're surprised about how she failed after a "short time".

10 minutes running 1 - 2 miles is pretty tough.

10 minutes running up flights of stairs is many times more rough.

I know this because I thought I could run up 20 flights of stairs to get to my hotel room at a con to avoid the elevators. First few were EASY, then... well... it exponentially got worse. I made it, though. Barely. Actually, I have a feeling I'm still there and this whole part of my life is in my head, years compressed in that brief moment or two before I DIE.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Exactly. Likely over a mile of stairs if it was non stop.

As for the comic, made me laugh :) They really need a shower though!

Quote removed. The DAMNed

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Qwertz wrote:Well, before they go play video games, they really should both have a good, long shower. :))
stop giving Marie "Zii style ideas"

she might ask for some soap bubbles rubdowns
ImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

FlashD81 wrote::)) :)) =)) =))

I'm doing my best not to laugh out loud because I might wake the neighborhood with it. Here I thought Marie was in shape but I guess she doesn't do that much cardio.
She's a Dancer, and Mocap requires a lot of movement but not all that much aerobic exercise so she has (relatively) low stamina
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

@ Adamas good point, though I should have thought about the fact that they were running up and down the stares, and not walking. Most of the time at the Gym I see people use the stair-master (or whatever it is called) and just walk for a few. Running is better left for treadmills or actual jogging paths.

Still I have seen some Dancers do some really intense stuff that would make most Track and Field Athletes work up a really good sweat.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

usually stairs and/or steps training is done to work on coordination, unless the exerciser wants to cut minutes of workout without sacrificing the calories burned
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This comic is close to being physically painful!! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)