Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-10-31 Find someone else to do it

Post by Eisu »

Frostbite

Re: 2014-10-31 Find someone else to do it

Post by Frostbite »

Sorry Alex, Gary might have already beaten you to the punch on this one
"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly! Its the honest ones you need to watch out for, since you never know when they'll do something incredibly stupid"

Darkdrifter

Post by Darkdrifter »

Prediction~!
The next strip is gonna feature Alex in the ER with a broken collarbone after landing from that sideways fall.

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

with Marie having the card, "guess you can't use it now, lol.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Frostbite wrote:Sorry Alex, Gary might have already beaten you to the punch on this one
phone wise and kissing wise

yes!

but on other things?????????? Pierre is the winner; unless Gary and Sandra while drunk did it, and in 2 months we find Sandra pregnant, and inquiring minds would want to know, who is the father......................... CALL MAURY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage

lokisdottir

Post by lokisdottir »

Marie didn't have Sandra's phone number yet? Cultural difference, maybe, because I'd have expected numbers to be exchanged between people who'd been working and boozing together. Or maybe Marie was about to say she already had it when Alex came out with his flying tackle.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lucky Alex still had his trousers on in the last frame. Or did he?
Frostbite wrote:Sorry Alex, Gary might have already beaten you to the punch on this one
But Gary is an ocean away. Lavali already offered Sandra Alex's services, and was accepted.

Anyway, since when was Sandra one of Lavali's "clients"? Also, who puts signs saying "WC" on their bathroom door? Even Super Mario mushroom signs?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

A household full of geeks? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Legio

Post by Legio »

Spidrift wrote:Lucky Alex still had his trousers on in the last frame. Or did he?
But Gary is an ocean away. Lavali already offered Sandra Alex's services, and was accepted.

Anyway, since when was Sandra one of Lavali's "clients"? Also, who puts signs saying "WC" on their bathroom door? Even Super Mario mushroom signs?
I saw small bathroom signs on doors in people's houses all the time while growing up (houses, usually not in apartments). Generally the signs are there for the benefit of guests.

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Alex must keep his shrine to Sandra well hidden if Lavali and Marie are unaware of his crush.

I can see the comedy of errors that this will lead to. Sandra will be aware of Marie's affection for Alex and will try to drop hints that he should pursue her. Alex will, of course, continue to be a clueless idiot and think that Sandra has feelings for him.

He is so dense that he might not even get the picture if he and Sandra meet at a certain bakery.
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Alex is one obsessed SOB.
Don Alexander wrote:Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!
I'm guessing you are giving a reference to this
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

ImageImage

Random Passer By

Post by Random Passer By »

So has Marie just transferred her hero worship from Sandra to Zoe instead? I'd have expected her to be more visibly thrilled at the opportunity but it looks more like a 'I suppose that could be fun'.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Lucky Alex still had his trousers on in the last frame. Or did he?

Also, who puts signs saying "WC" on their bathroom door? Even Super Mario mushroom signs?
1. It's a way of indicating where Alex is going since this is the first we've seen of Alex and Lavali's dwelling so we don't know the layout.
2. It's a clue as to where Alex and Lavali originate. WC or Water Closet is typically an English designation for a lavatory, but they could still be from one of the many English speaking countries that were colonized by the English. They could be Australian.
3. Like Azrael said "it's a house full of geeks."