Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-10-17 Square One

Post by Eisu »

wiseguy

Re: 2014-10-17 Square One

Post by wiseguy »

Eloise is better off trying to get a foursome of Sandra, Pierre, herself and Nadine, a win win for EVERYONE
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Like I said before, poor Nadine. Though she really needs to stop enabling Eloise quite so much.

However, Eloise scores points for theatricality. She doesn't scream or throw things; she goes straight to the ceremonial vow of vengeance. Respect for that!
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

eloise has suffered a critical failure and needs to shut down. reboot to vengeance mode?
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

And now we know who the shadowy figure is. Although at this point it seemed fairly obvious.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Full circle, baby!!

And I'm really starting to like Nadine. She's quite compassionate.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, towards someone she already loves. And that amounts to enabling here. But yeah, there is a decent person in there somewhere.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Will Eloïse be competent in revenge, or be an inconsequent buffoon ?

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Henceforth you will be known as Darth Eloise! :ymdevil:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Will Eloïse be competent in revenge, or be an inconsequent buffoon ?
Well, given that Sandra isn't exactly a tower of intelligence and cunning, Eloise can't turn out to be too clever, or she'll be wiping the floor with a red-headed mop very soon. Though Sandra's dumb luck isn't to be underestimated.
---------
Spidrift

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

The power of plot is strong with Sandra :p

As was stated by Don, we have come full circle. Now that Eloise has been established I am hoping to see the pain of Tati and Sandra moving in.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

ronbo

Post by ronbo »

Spidrift wrote:
Bambikles wrote:Will Eloïse be competent in revenge, or be an inconsequent buffoon ?
Well, given that Sandra isn't exactly a tower of intelligence and cunning, Eloise can't turn out to be too clever, or she'll be wiping the floor with a red-headed mop very soon. Though Sandra's dumb luck isn't to be underestimated.

Ummm, we are talking about the girl that gave Sandra her big chance by setting her own wig on fire here. I don't think anything approaching competence is on the table here.
I believe in the Bread Fairy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Point. The only way I can really see her being much of a threat, actually, is if Nadine gives her access to a lot of resources.
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

All she needs now is a lightsaber and black armor or dark robes and she'll be officially ready to start her Evil Campaign.

C'mon people, we all know that Eloise' attempts at revenge will fail hilariously. Those attempts are even likely to backfire hilariously on Eloise herself.

And I suspect the greatest hilarity will be in Sandra never knowing who Eloise is or even noticing her attempts at revenge - Sandra will think it's bad luck or something.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

ronbo wrote:Ummm, we are talking about the girl that gave Sandra her big chance by setting her own wig on fire here. I don't think anything approaching competence is on the table here.
A single mishap doesn't make someone incompetent. There is such a thing as human error and happenstance, and we've seen that much of Sandra's success has come down to simply being in the right place, at the right time.

Seriously. What were the odds that someone who happened to be a dead-ringer for Carmen Chamela would be present on the same day, at the exact time, that Eloise happened to accidentally burn her wig? Can you really say that was her fault? It was an accident, after all. :-\

Even the most careful individuals can still have 'em - like Tia, for example.

It just so happened that Eloise's mis-fortune became Sandra's good fortune. Zoé even said as much, when she called it "dumb luck". My point being, it's a mite early to say what Eloise's competency level is since we've only recently been introduced to her character. She may be turn out to be far more capable than some of you are giving her credit for.