Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

zaprzapb

Re: 2014-08-15 Look after my investment

Post by zaprzapb »

This must happen. :ymdevil:

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

JoybuzzerX wrote:So I would guess, going around in one's skivvies would be less daunting. Though the idea of buying croissants in one's underwear may run into the problem of "No shirt no service." but even if that happened, I think Sandra would have at least still passed the test of Tatiana's.
Nope! Sandra raised the stakes! She now has to get "un croissant naturel au naturel!" :))

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

Actually nude modeling in public is a thing. You do it quickly and are gone by the time the police could arrive - usually 10+ min in the US - naked models just aren't a big priority in major cities - small towns might get a faster response. In a culture with an even mildly higher tolerance of nudity, you probably have even more time. Sandra could easily be made to keep her word here.
It's right across the street as I recall. They'd take her down to street level wrapped up, and then have her walk calmly across the street, get her bagel, and return - without running. Plenty of time to disappear back to Domenico's apartment before the police arrive. Without physical or direct observational evidence that a crime even occurred, the police will just get on with their day and let the matter drop.
Of course, having Sandra get busted would be a hilarious turn of events.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

What if Sandra got back to Domenico's building just to find out the door is locked? :ymdevil:

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Or, in her desperate need to appear calm, cool and collected she's so distracted by her inner dialogue of self-confidence that she goes into a different building :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sandra has worked a trade show dressed in nothing but crime scene tape, and engaged in public skinny-dipping recently (albeit while in drunk mode). And Pierre is a good and sensitive friend. I'm not saying that she's just set herself a trivial challenge, but it wouldn't be too weird if she pulled it off.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

kouta wrote:But she won't be naked. She'll be wearing underwear. A bra and panties cover up just as much, if not more, than a lot of bikini swimwear.
Except she just said she'd do it naked and they might take her seriously.
Geeno wrote:Actually nude modeling in public is a thing. You do it quickly and are gone by the time the police could arrive - usually 10+ min in the US - naked models just aren't a big priority in major cities - small towns might get a faster response. In a culture with an even mildly higher tolerance of nudity, you probably have even more time. Sandra could easily be made to keep her word here.
It's right across the street as I recall. They'd take her down to street level wrapped up, and then have her walk calmly across the street, get her bagel, and return - without running. Plenty of time to disappear back to Domenico's apartment before the police arrive. Without physical or direct observational evidence that a crime even occurred, the police will just get on with their day and let the matter drop.
Of course, having Sandra get busted would be a hilarious turn of events.
What about security cameras?

arthurnonimus

Post by arthurnonimus »

Milnoc wrote:What if Sandra got back to Domenico's building just to find out the door is locked? :ymdevil:
Can just imagine it now. The door slams shut and locks behind her, trapping the corner of the sheeting the jam which rips off as she storms off to the bakery. Only to be topped off by Alex passing by! :ymdevil:
Seriously!! ... wait, what are we talking about?

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

The photographer usually scouts the scene in advance to anticipate such things, but with the proliferation of security cameras today, that will get harder and harder.
Besides, if worse comes to worst, indecent exposure of this sort is usually just a fine - a cost of doing business.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Geeno wrote:They'd take her down to street level wrapped up, and then have her walk calmly across the street, get her bagel, and return - without running.
This being France, she might have to go further than across the street to get a bagel. But this maybe being a trendy part of Paris, maybe a bagel is actually not far away to get.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I take it that means bagels aren't especially popular in France.

But anyway, Sandra goes to Pierre's place for croissants (and occasionally comfort carrot cake) and light flirtation, not bagels.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Bagels are still a novelty and seen as quite hipstery. Plus the usual recipes are way too sweet for the French taste buds.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bagels sweet? All the bagels I encounter are plain or savoury, and the tradition is to eat them with things like cream cheese and smoked salmon. ('Scuse me while I drool here.) I've seen a few with fruit, but even they aren't super-sweet.
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

Maybe Bambikles made a confusion with donuts.

Some years ago there was a shop in my city that sold made-to-order bagel sandwiches. It didn't last long, though, which is too bad because the stuff was good, but I think it wasn't at the right place to get customers. And maybe importing the dough from New-York City wasn't the best of solutions, business-wise.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:Bagels sweet? All the bagels I encounter are plain or savoury, and the tradition is to eat them with things like cream cheese and smoked salmon. ('Scuse me while I drool here.) I've seen a few with fruit, but even they aren't super-sweet.
The ones I tasted always had some onion confits sauce, which felt sweet, the bread is somehow brioche style. These were basically sweet and salty recipes, with too much emphasis upon the "sweet" part to my taste. Each time it felt disappointing. :-??
Plus I don't like salmon, so I don't take these. Maybe I should precise that I find the Big Mac sauce, and most of ketchups, sweet too (hence why I don't eat either).
Donuts... donuts taste sweet, yes, but above all fat. Not a fan of fritters anyway.

I usually find American muffins too big, but I'm a big fan of English muffins ! :-bd