Schedule slip

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Motorcycle

Schedule slip

Post by Motorcycle »

So I have been noticing that Sandra is starting to become routinely late with the Friday strip. This is the 3rd or 4th time that it still hasn't been posted even 2 days later. None of those times were we informed of any reason as to why. Is it due to the workload of getting books printed & mailed? Someone's computer or drawing device having issues? I'm just wondering why & wishing that we weren't being left in the dark like this. A little consideration via some type of explanation goes a long way among people. Or at least it does with me. Hell it might even be as simple as, "Ah yeah, we got a gig that pays right here & now as opposed to sometime in future, so we are focusing on that." That would be totally understandable.
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

Eisu

Re: Schedule slip

Post by Eisu »

Welp, I work as an animator for my day job. Schedule slips usually involves me not having time to work on the strip at the exact moment cos, you know, animation is not easy.

Oh, also, I have a day job. (I have mentioned this several times, just so you know, which is why a lot of forumers don't throw a fuss over the late updates cos they know about it and thus I think to myself, "Welp, no need to update them about the situation, I'm sure they know of it and when the update's up, they'll enjoy it anyways", but of course, I know some people don't read everything in the forums and thus do not know of the situation, so yeah, my bad on that one.)

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

No, I did not know that or I had forgotten your field of work. & yeah animation isn't easy. Having to painstakingly draw & look for minute things to insure smooth easy flow of motion.....I know I not have that degree of patience. So it is, "I got to earn my money 1st, then I can do this." Makes perfect sense.
It's time to prove to your friends that you're worth a damn. Sometimes that means dying; sometimes that means killing a whole lot of people.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Motorcycle wrote: So it is, "I got to earn my money 1st, then I can do this." Makes perfect sense.
Most schedule slip on Mà3 and the *C verse are in fact this. Just to say... :-=

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Someone here seems unfamiliar with No Pink Ponies. :p
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

Oh I've read it. Been forever since an update on that or Marry Me....
Last edited by Motorcycle on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Actually, Marry Me just updated on the 13th.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Don Alexander wrote:Someone here seems unfamiliar with No Pink Ponies. :p
I just Archive binged all of NPP thanks to this post.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You may thank me. We, the moderator, accept monetary reimbursements... :P
Motorcycle wrote:Oh I've read it. Been forever since an update on that or Marry Me....
It seems to me it's been forever since you checked if NPP has actually updated... /:)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Motorcycle

Post by Motorcycle »

Well when not update for months....it kinda slips your mind. I actually stopped right before he did one apparently. On both NPP & MM.