23-06-15 I was hoping to hug you

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Milkmaid79

Re: 23-06-15 I was hoping to hug you

Post by Milkmaid79 »

themacnut wrote:Ruby's setting herself up for serious embarrassment if Julian decides to object strongly to what she's doing. He does know she's moving Dillon's hand after all, and may not like it if she's moving it to his butt, and he's strongly hetero or just doesn't think of Dillon that way.
She won't be embarrassed- it will turn out that Julian has been pining for Dillon all these years and just wasn't sure how to broach the subject.

Milkmaid79

Post by Milkmaid79 »

TheEighth wrote:It looks like Dillon may be caught between his natural inclination to flirt with handsome guys and his personal relationship with Julian.

By all accounts, Julian is a hunk and Dillon would be drawn to seduce him first chance, but this is someone he knew as a teen, someone he took care of a child. So odds are this is someone he never even considered as a sexual conquest.

i wonder what is going through his mind?
"I'm in a sex comedy where the Westermarck Effect doesn't exist"?

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Either Julian's got one hell of a bear hug or Dillion's brain has had an exe malfunction

Also Ruby... respect others moments

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

*shakes head*

The Director runs deep in this one... :D

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20150623.png
sdb20150623.png (68.43 KiB) Viewed 6980 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hogan wrote:*shakes head*

The Director runs deep in this one... :D
Yeah. Her natural impulse to want everything just right, and to get bossy until it is, may be monetisable...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, somebody is going to have to remind Ruby that this is quite a bit weirder for Dillon than his usual run of male encounters, and trying to lech over it is impolite in ways that don't normally apply.
Impolite? I think it's a bit more than just that.
(Cue Ruby having to be a bit more honest about her guy-on-guy fixation, so she can recognise when it needs to be turned down?) It also looks like Julian's hugs may be a little on the vigorously manly side. Maybe he needs to be locked in a ring with Jerzy...

No, mustn't give Ruby ideas.
It sure looks like he's a bear-hugger, alright. Or maybe he's just not used to Dillon not being several feet/inches taller than him (not to mention more durable) and is hugging him like he did as a kid? (hey, that rhymes) Also, I think she's already secretly working on ways to make that situation pan out. Assuming Angel's advice hasn't given her the impetus to do it herself. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

In real-world terms, very impolite and a little bit creepy. In Ma3-universe terms ... just a bit too enthusiastically Zii-like.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

All part of the humour, really.

Plus, so far it's just a little enforced grabby-hands. The sort of thing that could be explained away as a funny turn if someone asks. The real question is whether she can keep herself from doing something more ill-advised like telling them to kiss, or spraying them with sun-tan lotion like Zii has done herself in the past, go figure.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd be amused if Julian turns out to be a bit of an amiable but sexist dudebro type. "Hey man, what's up with the chick with the grabby hands thing? She yours?"

Further on, if Ruby calms down a bit, I could also see her telling Dillon that no, she doesn't know how it feels to meet someone who you liked as a kid, because there's no way that she could find herself in that situation...
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

This reminds me of an episode of Castle.

Castle meets his daughter's babysitter, who's now an adult model and goes "Noooo." Ruby on the other hand see's someone Dillion used to babysit and thinks "They should hook up!" She obviously hasn't thought this through enough to realize, as hot as he may be, to Dillion he'd most likely always be that little boy he babysat.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

PLUS he might be 100% straight and might like girls of the "Ruby's type" LOL
ImageImage

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

wiseguy wrote:PLUS he might be 100% straight and might like girls of the "Ruby's type" LOL
Hmm, as of more recent strips I don't think that's tenable anymore.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

actually, there is still a chance that "grown-up things" is going to bars and such as so many said even before Julian asked for beers, not man to man seduction

is most probable Julian desires Dillon, but is not 100% assured
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I guess as of now, no chance anymore... :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)