Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

22-05-15 Can I fire him

Post by Shouri »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 22-05-15 Can I fire him

Post by Azrael »

Brilliant timing, Ruby. Way to be there to stick the dagger in. :))
sdb20150522.png
sdb20150522.png (95.05 KiB) Viewed 9688 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

2 or 3 people guessed this would happen real quick
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Of course, logically, all Angel and Richie have to do now is act professional (and hit Jacob with a brick - sometimes, doing what's sensible is also fun), and Ruby won't know enough to blow anyone's cover. Not that comics logic ever works that way.

Ruby finding out that Angel is female could have mildly interesting consequences - not so much for her, she's shown that she can handle having her horizons broadened a little, and this isn't an uncomfortable revelation this time, as for what she might tell Dillon and how he might handle it. She's not the gossipy type, but she's not someone for keeping things quiet either, and I'm not sure what she'd feel was best to say here. And he could either decide that he might have a chance with Jerzy again after all, or decide that all male bisexuals are pond scum.

Anyway, Ruby's Odyssey through the eastern Mediterranean of Montreal's retail district continues. It is nice when her horizon expansion doesn't have to be actively painful for her; the world is full of interesting people, and no, not all of them are actually intent on making her life crap. She previously thought that Angel was a bit too keen on embarrassing her; seeing Angel be the embarrassed one should be fun for her, even if she doesn't know why it's happening.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Jacob is THICK.

He doesn't need to know WHY they should keep it a secret, just that Angel has *already said they should* ("just between us") by the time he answered the phone...
Spidrift wrote:Of course, logically, all Angel and Richie have to do now is act professional (and hit Jacob with a brick - sometimes, doing what's sensible is also fun), and Ruby won't know enough to blow anyone's cover. Not that comics logic ever works that way.
She was right behind Angel when she said they needed to keep something a secret from Jerzy (possibly even within earshot for the whole of panel 6, Angel can't be sure).

Now, whether or not she was listening is another matter, but Angel hardly knows Ruby well enough to know if she's a gossip...

brasca

Post by brasca »

Seeing as how Ruby has a secret she likes to keep hidden she might still quiet. She may not have bought any yaoi while at Pixie Trix, but she has a tendency to think people know things about her that they really don't.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Angel's expression in the last panel made me LoL! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

*laughs maniacally*...now Ruby...tell Jerzy about Angel seeing people behind his back...
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

At this point, I'm losing the little respect I had for Angel as a character because of the whole "trying to keep it a secret from Jerzy" thing.

Angel did not have to accept that date in the first place, mind you. It was something dumb that was blurted out, and then immediately didn't matter when it turned out Richie was going to be forced into hiring Jacob back. Absolutely nobody could have blamed Angel for saying "no" at that point, and in fact it would have made perfect sense to say "no".

The whole "I'm going to turn this into a lie of omission by not telling Jerzy, even though he's still in a fragile state because he thinks somebody did this exact thing to him before" thing is just cruel icing on the cake, and Angel is the baker at fault.

Jean

Post by Jean »

Don Alexander wrote:Angel's expression in the last panel made me LoL! :))
She looks to be channeling Toph in that last panel.

brasca

Post by brasca »

TheResult wrote:At this point, I'm losing the little respect I had for Angel as a character because of the whole "trying to keep it a secret from Jerzy" thing.

Angel did not have to accept that date in the first place, mind you. It was something dumb that was blurted out, and then immediately didn't matter when it turned out Richie was going to be forced into hiring Jacob back. Absolutely nobody could have blamed Angel for saying "no" at that point, and in fact it would have made perfect sense to say "no".

The whole "I'm going to turn this into a lie of omission by not telling Jerzy, even though he's still in a fragile state because he thinks somebody did this exact thing to him before" thing is just cruel icing on the cake, and Angel is the baker at fault.
Well to be accurate it was Jerzy who lied by omission about going to the concert to support Angel, however Angel is guilty of flirting on the side which is what Dillon often did.

It is difficult to adequately assess this gender fluid character. These last few weeks are the first time we have seen her act like a girl. How often she did that before is uncertain since every other time we saw her she was dressed as an androgynous man, but perhaps she was suppressing her feminine side to try and win over Jerzy. Now that she has him she might be indulging in being a girl since she actually likes that side of herself too. It is not healthy to be something your not just to please someone else and it might be more difficult than she thinks to switch back and forth.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

To be accurate, they have both lied by omission. Jerzy's lie of omission to Dillon doesn't make Angel's lie of omission to Jerzy okay or anything.

And healthy or not, indulging Angel's feminine side or not, Angel should tell Jerzy. Angel seems to suspect that Jerzy won't be okay with it, thus the secrecy, so this whole thing already reeks of wrong.

Gholateg

Post by Gholateg »

THERE'S the Angel I know... =))

Now, the mature thing would be to simply Kill the date entirely and wash your hands of the whole thing as a game of date-chicken gone too far..

But we all know this is just going to turn into everyone finding their way into Dillon's apartment, during a power outage, with the "dubious consent orgy team" and the "Its not a real date but we're gonna drunk funk regardless team" bumping into each other in the dark, without pants, until Dillon gets home, walking with a groceries-carrying Jerzy, who see the whole thing.

And somehow Gary STILL doesn't get laid.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yawn. This isn't Ma3.
brasca wrote:Seeing as how Ruby has a secret she likes to keep hidden she might still quiet. She may not have bought any yaoi while at Pixie Trix, but she has a tendency to think people know things about her that they really don't.
Ruby may have a runaway guilt complex, but balancing this, she's lousy at keeping secrets. The one she kept from her parents burned off her quota for a lifetime.
TheResult wrote:And healthy or not, indulging Angel's feminine side or not, Angel should tell Jerzy. Angel seems to suspect that Jerzy won't be okay with it, thus the secrecy, so this whole thing already reeks of wrong.
Weirdly, from what we've seen of Jerzy, I'd probably expect him actually to be okay with it - if Angel gave him the full story, with an emphasis on the "this is not a serious date" part. He's a good-hearted and trusting kind of guy, and going out for a drink with someone to thank them for doing the right thing is no big deal.

The fact that Angel doesn't seem even to think of this suggests to me that, at heart, Angel can imagine things getting somewhat serious with Richie.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I think young children should be vaccinated from putting their feet in their mouths at an early age. It would save a lot of embarrassing situations like this one from happening in either fiction or real-life.

But the foolishness of a certain little boy aside, I wonder how this next step in the plot is going to play out. Obviously Jerzy is going to find out something in some shape or form, but I'm curious as to how he could find out, and if someone told him about it, who that person would be.