09-05-14 I am still staring at it

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Bambikles

Re: 09-05-14 I am still staring at it

Post by Bambikles »

Actually it would be sad to see Matt failing. It was sad to see Zii failing too. But their problems are different. Matt is adrenalin-addicted (could he be the perfect match for Sonya ?), while Zii just can't content herself with just one kind of sex, be it heterosexual or homosexual, and thus cannot stay faithful for more than a few weeks/months. Zii's remedy should an actual Ménage à 3, and indeed it's not impossible some of the characters would agree. Erik would probably agree if asked I guess*, but until now, Zii's lesbian lovers seem to demand exclusivity from her. How ironic. :-?

*Which retrospectively, makes Zii looking even dumber with the lesbian orgy. Why didn't she asked Erik for a threesome rather than cheat him behind his back ? IT'S THE WAY THEY MET, for goodness sake ! I'll blame alcohol, hormones, and Zii's all around low IQ. #-o

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:Actually it would be sad to see Matt failing. It was sad to see Zii failing too. But their problems are different. Matt is adrenalin-addicted (could he be the perfect match for Sonya ?)...
Putting two adrenalin addicts together probably isn't a good idea. Positive feedback loops are dangerous. But anyway, Sonya doesn't quite suffer from the same problem as Matt. He seems to love the thrill of risk; she gets off on drama. He's happiest when he's just getting away with things; she sort of wants things to go wrong.
...while Zii just can't content herself with just one kind of sex, be it heterosexual or homosexual, and thus cannot stay faithful for more than a few weeks/months. Zii's remedy should an actual Ménage à 3, and indeed it's not impossible some of the characters would agree. Erik would probably agree if asked I guess*, but until now, Zii's lesbian lovers seem to demand exclusivity from her. How ironic. :-?

*Which retrospectively, makes Zii looking even dumber with the lesbian orgy. Why didn't she asked Erik for a threesome rather than cheat him behind his back ? IT'S THE WAY THEY MET, for goodness sake ! I'll blame alcohol, hormones, and Zii's all around low IQ.
That wasn't quite how the case presented, though. Zii fell for Erik, and assumed that those feelings required monogamy - which Erik seemed to appreciate. So when her urge towards sex with women kicked in, she perceived it as an impulse to cheat.

Given time, she might have understood the problem, and yes, maybe solved it by suggesting a threesome, at least as an occasional treat - and yes, Erik might have been cool with that, especially if he understood that it was the only way to keep Zii. But she never got that far; she was tempted by Sonya (deliberately) and DiDi (being DiDi), until eventually she cracked. And then, the last straw was that she told DiDi that she wanted her more than anyone else - in Erik's earshot. That's not a situation that can be resolved by a civilised menage, or treated as a forgivable moment of madness.

(Zii's specific announcement makes Jerzy's recent comment to Erik especially hard on Erik, incidentally. If Zii makes every partner feel like the most desirable person in the world, hearing her explicitly call someone else exactly that, more or less, has got to sting bad.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

harvey-rrit
Location: Glorious People's Republic of California (a division of Lucasfilm Limited)

Post by harvey-rrit »

Well, that could have gone worse.

Somehow.

I suppose.

DON'T ask me how.
What occurreth in Gomorrah, stayeth in Gomorrah.

http://harvey-rrit.livejournal.com/

SOUL SURVIVORhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JBMDKCI

GODSPAWNhttp://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2PY540

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, Matt hasn't actually made a pass at Rudy yet.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

harvey-rrit wrote:Well, that could have gone worse.

Somehow.

I suppose.

DON'T ask me how.
"Could have gone"? Heh. It's still going.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Optimus Kate wrote:
themacnut wrote:so get with the program. You're supposed to hate Matt because he's Cheating Slime (TM). :D So what if he's still kinda cool?
Matt hasn't been a bad dude since his "maybe I am a bastard" moment. I'm all about the redemption arcs, yo.

Plus, I am a totally shallow human being who rates characters solely on how FRIGGIN' ADORABLE they are. :x Matt wins. I feel like you agree. ;)

Oh I do agree that Matt would be a cool guy to hang out with. However, I would not let him anywhere near my girlfriend or wife; that would be just asking for trouble. ;)
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard