01-03-13 Cheering you on

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 01-03-13 Cheering you on

Post by Spidrift »

Probably the final collapse of Western civilisation.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Stonefoot

Post by Stonefoot »

Artemisia wrote:in the news today, a man live tweeted having to have a dildo extracted from his rectum...I'm not sure what to make of this one.
I've seen some reports of 'problems' that ER personnel have had to deal with, and by comparison this is pretty tame. The weird part (for me, at least) is that he felt compelled to tweet the details.

Also, Spidrift, If this level of experimentation (relative to the cultural standards in effect at the corresponding time and place) would lead to the 'collapse of civilization' there would never have been 'civilization'.

Annnnnd, if anyone reading this is not familiar with the concept of 'fisting' you may not want to read the following:

While it's certainly possible to stretch connective tissue beyond its limits and cause physical damage, it's also possible to stretch connective tissue gradually to a degree far beyond its normal range. So if our 'victim' had the requisite experience he could have solved the problem simply by shoving his hand up his ass, grabbing the dildo, and pulling it out.
I do not have the relevant experience, but I know people who do.
A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5.
If you can get to 50 without growing up, you don't have to.
There are very few personal problems which can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, it's the Tweeting that makes me shake my head. The other stuff is merely ... not to my taste.

I remember a story that the writer and barrister John Mortimer once had to defend a book or magazine or something which had been hit by an obscenity prosecution. Part of the case against it was that it mentioned the idea of sticking things up one's bottom for fun, and the prosecutor argued that this was a weird, unnatural, and unheard-of idea. So Mortimer tracked down an Edwardian medical manual which listed various things that had required extraction in that long-off past time. I think it was the miniature bust of the Emperor Louis Napoleon that won him the case.

But Twitter?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.