The Frankies 2010: Discussion.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

The Frankies 2010: Discussion.

Post by Bear »

As always, the discussion thread for this months contest. All questions, suggestions, discussions, arguements etc to be place here.

As noted, you have until the 21st to place your nominations.

Platypus

Re: The Frankies 2010: Discussion.

Post by Platypus »

Just to make sure I understand, are the nominations also serving as votes? Or will there be a poll after the nominees are decided in order to figure out who wins?

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

If I remember correctly, you make a nomination for each category, people either agree or disagree and suggest another, and then the person who guesses the most nominations correctly in the end wins.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

That was the origional idea... but it worked much easier last year in that the person who got nominated most for a catagory won that catagory, and the person who got nominated most overall won overall. Depending on how it goes I may fiddle with it again... but the no voting system worked well for this last year.

Yes its weird and complex, but no-one pays me enough to make sense. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

No, totally wrong, JVD. :P

This was what what the contest was supposed to be last year. Kind of modelled, it seems, on betting contests before the Oscars.

It ended up in a big affirmative lovefest, and we dropped the whole "getting the most right" thing.

So the principle is:

Anyone who enters the contest makes the F R A N K I E nominations. Your entry is actually kind of irrelevant, it's about who you nominate. You aren't going to win anything for writing your entry.

When the entry period is over, it's counted in each category who got the most nominations. Those people already receive a kind of "minor win" (see the cupcake in my signature, I won the "Kilo-post category"). The person who globally receives the most nominations wins the "contest".

Last year, Alisonchan won the total contest, and I think two of the subcategories, and she also drew the cupcakes for the other category winners, that was kind of "inofficial".

I really wonder how it will turn out this year. :-? A year ago, we were a really happy little community, but... things have happened. :(

Damn, bear-sniped! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yup.. muhahaha. But see.. Its Don we don't pay to explain things well. :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This also implies that you kind of... need to know the community quite well to actually make nominations. And I think we have a lot less people who really do than we had last year. Unless certain gents and dames delurk for a bit.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Siskiakirisis

Post by Siskiakirisis »

Been lurking since the very start of Ma3.

I miss Alisonchan
Cthulu fhtagn! Iä! Iä!

JVDifferent
Venus Dicktrap

Post by JVDifferent »

That's some epic lurk-age.
Resplendent King of Lizards and Darkness
Resident Firestarter, Wielder of the Falcon Punch
SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS
Proudly signature-less since 1986. I mean... Fuck.

Siskiakirisis

Post by Siskiakirisis »

It's what I do.
Cthulu fhtagn! Iä! Iä!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Not to mention epic de-lurkage, too. :-=
ImageImage

Platypus

Post by Platypus »

Bear wrote: Yes its weird and complex, but no-one pays me enough to make sense. :p
*sigh* But it's so much easier to make sense...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Sense? What is this sense thing you speak of? :-?

It's bear we are talking about here!

I mean, bear and sense don't even have the same number of letters! 8-}
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Yeah they do.. Sense just has some clones.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

We can't nominate PixieTrix artists, can we?
One day I'm gonna lose the war.