Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ithilion

Re: The Frankie Awards! Discussion.

Post by Ithilion »

isn't the winner the one that gets more correct guesses? :-\
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Yup, but it doesn't mean we can't be nice to the people we think deserve it.

It's a good excuse to say the nice things that go unsaid for the most part. And who cares about winning...I think everyone wins at the moment with all the nice things being said.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Yes, but alison is thinking of making prizes for those that win the voting. Which is a very nice thing, I think.

As far as I have understood bear's grand plan, we have two "shiny color + title" prizes to give out each month. The first two contests were gender-split, the Haiku contest simply had two winners, and in February, you have Glasses Day and the Frankie Awards.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

I don't think I'll ever get one, though...
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I may have to plan B this contest somehow since its evolving different then I planned...

That and I'm too mean to give out more then 2 prizes a month since we'd run out of forumites who hadn't won too quickly if I did :p

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

Shiny colours and fancy-pants titles be damned, I don't care who wins this one. Everyone who has been nominated thus far is thoroughly deserving, and as I think it has already been said, we all win with these massive ego boosts! ^__^ (Very special thanks to DnE and Karpeth for the non-nom-inations... Those were very unexpected! :x :ymhug: )

I do think the trophy thing is a wonderful idea, if Alison (or anyone else, for that matter) is willing to do so. Perhaps they could be made banners for the winners to put in their signatures?

Hehe, don't you love how things tend to take on a life of their own around here, Bear? :D
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Ooh!

That's an idea!

We can have little badges on a plain image base for the Frankies each year in our sigs. And for competitions as well if we want (or when we run out of new people to award)
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Update #3, now including Mythiene!

FUN: 4 x Alisonchan, Cyanide_Sweet, Don Alexander, 2 x Dirty n Evil, 1x Asaryu, Bear, Giz
RISQUE: 6 x Asaryu, 4 x Tenjen, 2 x Zgwortz, 1 x Dirty n Evil, Alisonchan, LadySheDevil, Morwen, Ithilion
ARTS: 9 x Alisonchan, 5 x JVDifferent, 1 x Dryope, Dirty n Evil, one abstination
NOMS: 6 x LadySheDevil, Teacher2B, 1 x Frankie, SidewaysPlatypus, Marque'd, Bear, one abstination
KILO-POST: 10 x Don Alexander, 2 x Pneumonica, 1 x Asaryu, Dirty n Evil, Alisonchan, Mythiene, one abstination
INSPIRING: 5 x Alisonchan, Asaryu, 2 x Thaldin, Tenjen, Teacher2B, 1 x LadySheDevil
EXEMPLARY: 5 x Dirty n Evil, Teacher2B, 3 x Asaryu, 2 x Ithilion, 1 x Lollipop Cuts, Midgetshrimp, Phoenix

All in all, Alisonchan leads the nominations so far, with 20 nominations over 5 categories!! :-o Followed by Asaryu, with 16 nominations in 5 categories also!!

Thanks also to the four people who nominated me in FUN. :ymblushing: I don't feel that I really deserve it, but thanks...

Edit: Included nominations of JaS!!

Edit #2: Including nominations of zgwortz!

Edit #3: Mythiene changed something...
Last edited by Don Alexander on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Morwen

Post by Morwen »

i got nominated for risque! :x

*would drag Myth off but she's underage, so she just drags Asaryu and Alison away*
Shadow Apprentice and proud member of the Dream Team
ignorance is bliss? ...no, its just annoying

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

*is dragged away with a big, happy smile*

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

wait...who nominated me for inspiring?

edit:oh yes. Ithilian for the confessions thread, i remember now
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

and if you mispell my name again, i may reconsider :P
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

it was a typo! my finger slipped when hitting o and hit a
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

It's one thing to mis-spell, it's quite another to make up flagrant lies about typos. The 'a' and the 'o' are on completely different ends of the keyboard.

I call shenanigans.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

hehe >:3 i couldnt resist being silly

Shinanigans it is indeed X3
ImageImageImage