16%
'J' - The Beard and/or Mustache Contest
21%
Artemisia - The My Little Pony Contest
9%

Total votes: 43

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

The Contest for the next Contest! ***VOTE NOW!***

Post by Don Alexander »

It's that time of year again where the Mods are lazy (especially at setting up the new contest :P ) and you guys get to do some work... It's the:

Contest for The Next Contest!

That's right, design your own contest for the forum!

You've pretty much got free reign to do what you like here in choosing a contest theme, its rules, entry requirements or limitations, showing what an entry should look like, etc. So be creative and have fun with your entry.

In addition to the usual Color and Title and/or winner's badge if you win, the winning entry WILL becomes next month's contest!

There are a few rules and guidelines though:

1. Only 1 entry per person.
2. Remember its a contest for the forum.
3. Try and make it open to the most number of people. Some people don't have microphones, video cameras, singing/dancing/talent ability, etc... So try not to discriminate.
4. Contests on the themes of previous/currently established contests are not valid entries.

Otherwise, you've got free reign, just remember it has to be for the forum and runable from the forum. Apart from that the usual things apply such as keeping to the 16+ rating and the Guidelines of the GD forum.

Entry period will run until the end of the month, after which voting will take place in early August.

Remember, the prize is your entry will become next month's contest!

This thread for entries only. Please keep all discussion/questions/comments to the relevent discussion thread.

EDIT: :-! Voting is up!!! You have 4 days and TWO votes!!! :-!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Lilianna
The Disappearing One

Re: The Contest for the next Contest!

Post by Lilianna »

"Zii and Layla's Infinite Playlist" Contest!

We know that we forumites enjoy music... how strange would a completely silent life be? Naturally, the characters of Ma3, EC, MC, and all the rest of the Pixie Trix Comix are equally enamored with intriguing instrumentals and riveting rock anthems. We've got one character's iPod (or similar music player of choice) and their favorite songs. It's up to you to tell us what character it is and what their playlist is!

Rules:
1. Only one character, and a minimum of six songs must be included in the playlist.
2. No songs whose lyrics are inappropriate for the 16+ Rating of the General Discussion forum. In other words, leave dem bitches at home and tell them to put some clothes on.
3. If possible, link to somewhere where the song can be listened to. Remember that some sites, like Youtube, cannot be linked to for some countries.
4. Voting will be based on how well the song choices fit the character. More than one playlist can be made for the same character.
5. The character's iPod/music player of choice will be returned at the end of the contest. However, the contest winner will receive a shiny name color and title and winner's badge.

Sample Entry: (without links, for simplicity's sake)
GARY
1. "Transformers" - TV Theme Song
2. "My Little Butterfly" - Aqua
3. "Teen Titans" - TV Theme Song
4. "Blue Bird" - Yuko Takayoshi
5. "Pokemon" - TV Theme Song
6. "Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi" - TV Theme Song

Good luck, music detectives!
ImageHEAD TECHNOLOGIST and GUARDIAN OF THE "THRONE".Image

CHIEF PROPHET OF CACAO, THE LORD AND GOD OF CHOCOLATIANITY

FSU Class of 2014!
Ailith wrote:Yes, it was intimate, it was passionate, it was sensual, and it ended with a few orgasms. So yeah, counts as sex to me.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

The Shipping Contest!!!

Zii/DiDi! No! Zii/Sandra! Or... Yuki/Gary vs. Gary/Sonja vs. Gary/Senna?? Probably just Gary/his right hand...
Layla/Tiff? Layla/Brooke? Layla/Kade! Or... Brooke/Ace? Puppy/Nina?? Or maybe just Blair/Arman Purvis' Arm!!!

So many possibilities!! And so much discussion in the last months!!

All you need to enter this contest is a bit of writing ability, some time, and some knowledge of one of the comics hosted here on the Forum: Menage à 3, Eerie Cuties; Magic Chicks, and, less ship-infested, School Bites and Paranormal Mystery Squad.

The topic of the contest is to write a little fan fiction within the world of the comics (even crossovers are allowed), which has the specific theme of a partnership between two characters - no matter how unlikely.

Rules? Not too many...

- It's about the comics, people. While crossovers between the comics are allowed, to not add non-comic characters, and especially do not ship forumites. :P
- Don't make it too long, people will need time to read it. Try to keep it under 2000 words.
- Since this contest is in GD, and GD is R-rated like Ma3, Ma3 fanfics with "harder" content are allowed (just don't exaggerate...). For all other comics, keep to the PG-13 rating, and here again, afaik, discern between SB and some PMS characters which are adults, and EC/MC, which are still teens - so keep the latter rather platonic, please.

I think that's all we need. :P Be creative! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Thor

Vote for this one.

Post by Thor »

The PixieTrix Masquerade!

Rules are simple, and open to anyone who has enough skill to do a grade-school art project.
  1. Make a paper mask of a PixieTrix comic character. This should be a mask big enough to completely hide your actual face. (And by "make a paper mask" I mean a piece of paper with a drawing of the character's face on it. Trace it. Print it. Freehand it. Have a friend make it. Doesn't matter. Just has to be recognizable as a specific character from these comics.)
  2. Put the mask over your face, and pose as that character. Do something that that character would canonically do. Really sell it. Your physique and dress doesn't need to look like the character's, but your pose does.
  3. Post a picture of you doing this on the forum in the appropriate thread. Make sure your actual face is not recognizable.
  4. Entries should be judged by character accuracy, originality, and humorousness.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Pirates vs. Ninja's

It's quite simple:
Make two usergroups which are free to join: Pirates... Ninja's.

The contest being: Who would win? A pirate or a Ninja.
People express their victor by joining said usergroup.
The group with the most members, wins :D
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Forumite interaction stick figure comic!

The contestants make a stick figure comic of the forumite's or their respective persona's interacting in some fashion :3!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

The Beard and/or Mustache Contest

A masculine counterpart to The Cleavage Contest, the rules are similar:

1) Contestants post pictures of their Beards and/or Mustaches.
2) Contestants who lack sufficient manliness to extrude a Beard and/or Mustache may utilize Fake and/or Prosthetic Beards and/or Mustaches, which will be entered into a separate category.
3) Entry period will last one full month, to give contestants who lack them time to extrude and/or obtain their Beards and/or Mustaches. Voting period will then commence, lasting of one full week, after which the owners of the best Beard and/or Mustache & the best Fake and/or Prosthetic Beard and/or Mustache will be declared winners, and granted all benefits said status customarily entails.
Yet still, I live...

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

The My Little Pony Contest

Create a My Little Pony character based off of either yourself or off of a character within the four different strips. Drawings are certainly welcome, but descriptions work just as well.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"