June Contests Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

June Contests Discussion Thread

Post by midgetshrimp »

Considering the success of this years Cleavage Contest, we have decided to put on our second annual Wet T-Shirt Contest! That's right! This timeless competition is back for another round, and the rules couldn't be simpler!

Step 1: Put on a t-shirt! Color isn't really too much of an issue, nor whether or not you decide to wear a bra. However, experts agree that light or white shirts with no bra show the best results!
Step 2: Find water and douse yourself! Jump in the shower or bath, grab a super soaker or just pour on a pitcher! We don't care as long as you're t-shirt is soaked!
Step 3: Pictures! Up to 4 pictures per entry, so shoot away!

As always, forum rules apply. All NSFW entries need to be posted behind proper links (visible nipples, for example)!So Ladies and Gents, soak those sweater puppies and moisten them manboobs! And most of all, have fun!

The contest will run until the 26th of June, with voting open until the 30th.

The Fantasy Forumiverse Election!

As last year and simply put, come up with your party, what it stands for and what it is against in its manifesto, who are the members of your party, and why should we vote for you to win the elections? This is a creative writing and thinking contest to come up with the best election promises and speech for your fantasy party.

Remember, this is a fantasy contest so let your imaginations run free! Are you campaining to win the governance of The Elder Cave, or maybe the EC forum chair, or perhaps you want to represent the forumiverse as a whole? It's up to you who you are and what you represent, but remember, pledge anything within (or without) reason for your party and its veiws to get yourself voted in!

And now, as with every election... The Rules:

1. This is a FUN and FANTASY contest. No real world politics please. Parody of the forum politics is allowed.
2. No racist or real-world extremist views, or others that may cause offense. This means no bashing of any religions or sexual preferences, etc.
3. And seeing as this is a "political" contest, bribery is a must! Promising cookies? Cake? A harem of Elder Cave Critters?

Because this is a writing-intensive contest, we have a rough template of how your platform should be presented:

Party Name
Party Leader

Manifesto Pledges (What your party is for/against. Bullet points here make it easier to read. Maximum 5 points for/against each)
Speech (Make your speech here about why your party should be elected into power)

Last year went down to the wire, with the Anarchy Party and the (Inter)National Bull Mousse Party neck and neck til the end! Will one of them rule us all again, or will a new face rise up in revolution?

As always, forum rules apply. No offensive content, and any NSFW bribery must be placed behind appropriate links.

Entries will be accepted until the 26th of June, with voting open until the 30th. This thread is for contest Discussion only. Contest entries should be posted in the appropriate Entry thread.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Re: June Contests Discussion Thread

Post by Iceman »

Not many that are running, it seems.
The iceman cometh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm working on something already :) And, no, not a wet teeshirt either.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm definitely going to be in the wet t-shirt contest... I have to defend my title! :D I've just been a bit occupied with multiple other matters at the moment. Free time has been at a premium of late.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

Wet t-shirt contest, hmm? :-? By sheer coincidence, I happen to own a white t-shirt and have access to both a working shower and a digital camera. This ought to be....fun. :ymdevil:
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

at some point there really should be a beard or mustache contest. possibly run concurrently with the cleavage contest.
Yet still, I live...

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I can probably do the wet t-shirt with no problem. The "taking a picture part without looking suspicious" part might be a problem.

Also: I don't know what I want to be!!! :((
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

What's wrong with looking suspicious? :p
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

You try living with overprotective parents. I've had my wardrobe corrected several different times and provocative photos deleted. Getting a natural shot that won't ring any perv bells is.. tricky. Especially if I protest against it getting deleted. The heart attacks they'd have if they found out...
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

theres ways to protect the data from being found, like truecrypt, which would also make the folder its stored in look like a random data file if you do it right.

As for the oppurtunity to take teh shot, best left to your own devices and finding the oppurtunity to do so. i've done so in the past.

i have over protective parents too. I shudder to think how worse it would be if i was female and still like i am now.

iam looking for the right shirt by the way.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@yira: You are 25 years old!! This makes me angry! RAAARDONSMASH! X(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

i know exactly how yira feels. If i wear revealing womens clothing, my parents would go crazy and have heart attacks too. Wardrobe corrections being the least of my concerns.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:( Yira...and here my mother would like it if I started wearing clothing that would get me dates and going out on said dates...and would love it if I could find a girlfriend. I'm joining Don in feeling a bit miffed over your parent's reaction to you being a grown woman. X(
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Eeee, I didn't explain myself very well.

Eh, they're just conservative. It's mostly Mom pulling my tops up if they get a bit too low and she knows it's making my dad uncomfortable. Or other relatives. The rest is paranoia over the internet. If they knew I wanted the pictures for a wet t-shirt contest on a forum? HEART ATTACKS. They can't stop me; they know I'm an adult but man there would be words. WORDS. I just have a hard time doing things that I know would make them like that. I still want their approval a lot of the time. I still ask permission for stuff even though I know I don't have to. Just kind of stuck in teenager world.

I'll work on it.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Yira, that's still kind of bad, but I understand wanting approval from your parents. :( what's bad for me is I feel like I have two mothers most of the time. My best friend is more like a mother to me than my father is like a father. My father is kind of this distant planet out near the Oort cloud. So I have my real mom and my adoptive mom, and what makes things worse is my adoptive mom is five months older than me :p Both are kind of protective of me, and know that I'm very fragile.

I hope your parents can learn to see you as an adult though.