Anniversary Fan-Thing Contest Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

wrong wolf

Re: Anniversary Fan-Thing Contest Discussion Thread

Post by wrong wolf »

Chocolate bunnies have been known to hop on and stow away on freight ships. That's how they populate new lands. I guess, they have yet to make it to your land. :p

Ya know, I see several drawings being posted in the fan art threads but for some reason, they're not entering the fan-thing contest. :-?
Huh? Nope. Sorry. You've got the wrong wolf. You must be looking for my cousin, right.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Last couple days to enter the Fan-Thing Contest! Let's get those entries in!
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Aaaaaaaahhhh!!! I thought I had Friday to work on it! My backgrounds are done, but the figures aren't! Busy day, today, too! Ugh! Is there an extension, or am I SOL?
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, it was meant to go to today, but if midge writes "last couple days" I'm sure he can grant an extension.

Seeing that I'm REALLY looking forward to your entry.

I hope I can do one myself today...

Edit: Nope, did not find the time... :((

I wanted to write a little fan-fic where Sandra and DiDi do manage to make love together - in as much as a bodice-ripper style as I could manage...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

I'm really hoping to get it done today. The background is complete, but the figures need to be inked and colored. If just the sketch was enough, I'd post that, but I have made several changes in the inking stage that improved it immensely. So I'll be working late into the night on this one.

Wish me luck.

EDIT: Got it in under the wire! Whew!
Last edited by Raamyah on Thu May 26, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Even though I'm a stickler for deadlines, I think an extension till the 27th is warranted.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thanks, Gil. Even though I think you're the one to beat. Good job on that, BTW.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

There we go! Very nice! That has much more fan squee appeal than mine too, which tends to be the deciding factor on these thing.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Still, I like yours. It did push me to try to do better than just a sketch. There's still a few hours left, so some joker could show up with some great entry that makes ours look sad.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Very nice! Three and a half hours left for entries! Any last minute shoppers and drunken bar hoppers, last cal is now!
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Anniversary Fan-Thing Contest Entry Thread

Post by The Nick »

Adorable!

Moved to correct topic. Please use the contest discussion thread for comments on the entries :)

.Midgetshrimp.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Okay, so now what? Do people vote on the Entry thread?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I love Raamyah's piece a lot :) That was very funny.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Midgetshrimp, or someone, will make a voting thread with an anonymous poll that contains our entries.

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Thanks, Gil. Sorry for being such a noob.

@ Artemisia: Thanks!