Lonely Hearts Contest: 2011 Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

ExplodingJoe
Hair-Triggered

Re: Lonely Hearts Contest: 2011 Discussion Thread

Post by ExplodingJoe »

muahahaha

I live to ressurect the ancient art of lounge.
"If you aren't gonna say exactly how and what you feel, you might as well not say anything at all." ~ Johnny Cash
"Remember, a dead fish can float downstream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream." ~ W. C. Fields

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Just a reminder, everyone! The entry period runs through Thursday the 24th, and voting starts on that following Friday the 25th through Monday the 28th. So if you're thinking about entering and you haven't already, get your contest entry submitted!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Okay, okay, I've entered!!

Hm, I guess I need to explain some stuff about mine, since it refers only partially to my known forum personality.

Some background!

So, back in the first half of the 20th century, there was this psychoanalyst named Wilhelm Reich. He purportedly discovered a "universal life energy" that he named Orgone, and which is suppusedly known to shamans and mystics worldwide under different names... He also did "research" into "free energy theories" and stuff like that... 8-}
Now, according to this "theory", there are two kinds of Orgone, namely positive (healthy lifeforce) and negative, "deadly" Orgone, which - who would have guessed? - is directly associated with modern technology, especially radar installations and nuclear power plants. As you may imagine, this aspect of the "theory" makes it beautifully accessible to the eco-lunatic fringe, who obviously aren't happy enough with all the scientifically verified ways we are deteriorating our biosphere, and thus come up with wacky conspiracy theories like Chemtrails, Electrosmog and that the HAARP station in Alaska does everything from creating Earthquakes to controlling minds. :-T

Now, these believers actually spend money to create a stuff they call orgonite, which seems to be some baked glump mixed out of epoxy resin, metal filings, crushed crystals... Stuffed in casings, they come in three handy sizes: "Towerbusters" are maybe 50 grams, and enough to "bust" (which seems to mean, recreate the Orgone balance by counteracting the deadly O...) a single cell phone tower. To go larger, you create "Holy Hand Grenades" (I am not kidding you... :|), and if you wanna go really big, you fill large metal tubes (weighing like 30 - 40 kg in the end) to create ChemBusters/Cloudbusters...
As soon as they have a carload of their Orgone bombs, they burn a lot of dead Devonian plant matter to travel around the country and "bust sites".

So...

Two weeks ago, we had a massive laugh here at the observatory. Someone who was a friend or colleague of one of the scientists had stumbled (somehow?) on a forum post... a forum post which I have now actually found in ENGLISH on another site!!! Just go all the way to the bottom of the first long post...

Our observatory was busted!!! =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

These people seriously believe our radio telescope station (part of the LOFAR Low Frequency Array) is actually an emitter and part of a huge weather control network established by sinister government forces. :ymdevil: Our station is secret, hidden in the woods, everything is underground, calling it an observatory is only a cover...

%-(

In other words, tummy-shakingly ridonkulous!!!

Anyway, I've now been telling people I'm an agent of the New World Order and they had better be friendly with me or else... because our Empire WILL rise!! B-)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

he says your place was his biggest bust yet, using the most amount of orgonite to balance out a site :3.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Voting is up!!! :-bd

Great turnout, people!! :ymparty:

Alas, Paul never reentered, I get the feeling he is being a sourpuss. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Vote for me! i'am a cute lynx kitteh! I've been having a cleavage drought! [shush LSD!]

I lost my first love and my 2nd pointed and laughed as she shattered my heart into a billion billion pieces! Evilly! And reminds me often of it to open the wound anew! Lets not forget she *checks first for reference* drove me away from the forum, never returning!

may i say that despite me knowing better than to post this, it seems a good idea to do so right now. And i am VERY VERY dead tired. so tired i cant listen to youtube videos and music and cant keep my eyes open and my body literally feels drop dead lethargic.

I'am just doing this as making light of my horrible suffering helps me heal from the horrible trauma wrought on me by my 2nd
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Which will be nothing compared to the trauma your second will inflict on you by paddling when she reads this. ;))
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I have a feeling there's going to be some sort of tie between entries.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I am sad you did not enter!

Peach fuzzball of doom needs some heart unlonelyfication. ;)
ImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

ugh i totally forgot to say what i actually clicked the comment button for.

errrrrrm

ah yes. I shall vote tomo due to my current state of brain fog.

make a proper judgement.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Eh, I find it hard to be creative for myself. Other people, sure. Me? Not so much.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i can only joke about it cause i've healed and moved past it. The people who struck at you, did so cause of other underlying reasons, like loss of power and stupidity of self-righteous opinions. No one on the forum dislikes or judges you Chesher, *serious look at forum* well they shouldnt or they're goddamned fools.

What happened with us, was gonna happen cause we couldnt sustain the relationship without meeting. And that was not going to be possible for YEARS. Many years. We would have just eventually run dry on the pain of separation and contact. We would have eventually started resenting ourselves and each other and eventually would have started hating each other with the separation feeding the pain and hungering the love. Atleast this way we can be awkwardly communicative with each other without going into a frothng frenzy's.

You and Xar meeting was the happiest i've been in my life. [cpet for when, ah nevermind.. TMI, caught myself there]. Sincerely. It made me feel better and whole again. Myself again.

I'll avoid doing it though if it hurts you.

Everyone here love's you *vicious stare at forum to contraries*. Maybe they havent done a good job *indicative eyes* and should try to express appreciation of our hug mod in the Jabber thread.

INFACT. from what i see. We've been pretty unexpressive of our appreciation for hte mod team as a whole and WHAT i also see *intense stare at forum* its been taking its toll on them, with more than one now expressing it and the others being seemingly effected by it if not expressing or seeing it yet.

MOD APPRECIATION TIME.

also, voting here. I think i know who to vote for. Some of them really appealed to me even if i loved the vast majority
Last edited by Tenjen on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I don't see how anyone could be mad at Teacher. I just don't get it. All the mods are cool. They stay on top of things the best they can and don't abuse the power like they could. There's a lot of respect in that. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Yira - :ymblushing: Thank you. :) We try.

And for Tenjen - :ymhug:
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

why are my claws and bites in such low demand :<

(emotional blackmail for votes MUAHAHAHAHA*

which probably means any real votess i get will not be stained by this post :\ hmmmmm

This was probably one of hte more heavily participated in and fun contests.

which, given its title, isnt exactly reflecting well on us..but hey active contest \:|
ImageImageImage