Forum Anniversary Contest: Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Forum Anniversary Contest: Discussion Thread

Post by midgetshrimp »

And this months contest is... no contest! Thats right, we're going to have a nice relaxed month with everything being just for fun!

November marks the creation of the forum as it is now, so its technically our 2 year aniversary this month! And to mark it, we're going to be celebrating Frankies birthday on the 25th.

For those who don't know, or can't remember, Frankie is our lovable giant kodiak bear, forum mascot and all round strange, pink coloured and bacon loving occupant of the Elder Cave. Born into the world on the 25th of November, (waaayyyy back on page 56 of the Elder Cave ), we're going to be throwing him a party of the 25th in the Elder Cave and everyones invited, forum Elder and noobie alike.

So the contest this month is do something to celebrate! You've got free reign over what you want to do, but since its a 'just for fun' contest, there will be no voting, and Frankie will be picking out his favourites for honourable mentions and possible prizes... therefore bacon and the colour pink are recomended to be in your enteries whatever they may be.

There are no rules other then make it fun, and of course follow the universal forum guidelines.
As ever, this thread is for discussion /questions / comments only and the entry thread is for entries only.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Re: Forum Anniversary Contest: Discussion Thread

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I actually had plans for the Anniversary Contest... I was hoping to take a picture of the chili I made for work this year, and slightly alter it in photoshop so that it had a pink hue! :D However, every early attempt came to a very disturbing result that looked like nothing so much as a pink alien amoeba. Rather than upset the great Frankie, I destroyed every copy of that image. :))
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

PINK! ALIEN! AMOEBA!!!

Ohhhh, soooo coool! =))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

*lynx kitteh wakes up hanging off his zeppelin in the high tree line*

see's frankie climbing down the tree's and heading back into the eldercave*

AAAAHHH HE's Colored me Pink! There''s a flower on my rump!

*rotates around on his zep over and over fruitlessly to see it better*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hmmm, I think Frankie was happy with the gifts...

He's over there in the corner, barfing up pink marshmellows surfing on rainbows!!! 8-}
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

[muffled by distance]aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh[/muffled by distance]

[flying past window]AAAAAAAHHHHH[/flying past window]

[muffled by distance]aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh[/muffled by distance]

*Frankie puts his "lynx paining set" gift away for another day*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?