2010Cute Forumite Thingy Contest!(Cutest Forumite Voting Up)

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Forumites, forumites on this wall, who is the cutest of them all (that yonder posted)?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

posseforlife
39%
Ailith
56%
SidewaysPlatypus
6%

Total votes: 18

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

2010Cute Forumite Thingy Contest!(Cutest Forumite Voting Up)

Post by Don Alexander »

The 2010 Cute Forumite Thingy Contest!!!
We return to our regular contest schedule with the "Cute Forumite Thingy" contest! This year, we have some new features. :D

We will be separating the contest into two categories. The classical Cutest Forumite part, and the Cute Forumite Thingy part.

The "classical part" is well known. Post one or a few pictures of yourself in which you look cute!!! General forum guidelines apply.

The Cute Thingy part: While you may include yourself in the pic (you don't need to though), the focus should be on something cute that you have taken a picture of. This can be a pet, or plushies, or some clothing, or anything you deem fitting. What is NOT allowed is random stuff grabbed off the internet.

The entry period will run until Monday, the 27th of September, followed by three days of voting.

Please note that of course you are allowed to enter in both categories. Make sure to say which category the entry is meant for, as this might not be obvious (i.e., pic of yourself covered in plushies...)

GO CUTE!!

PS.: This is the entry thread. Contest discussion is to be done in that other thread. :P

Edit: Voting is now up!! The vote for the "classic" cutest forumite is in this thread, and the vote for the cutest forumite thingy is in the entry thread!! You have one option in each case, and three days to vote!! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The 2010 Cute Forumite Thingy Contest! >^.^<

Post by Don Alexander »

Soooo, here's my Cute Thingy entry!!!

Inspired by the Town Musicians of Bremen, I created the Town Musicians of Jena!!!

BEHOLD!!

These are my cuddlies, though only the three big ones get to go to bed with me. :P

From bottom to top, they are:

The sheep pillow: This was made for me as a present by the girl I have mentioned a few times as "the love of my life". We had a crazy thing going with sheep (out of the gutter, yar filthy minds - I mean like certain people here are kittehs), and she made me this little pillow out of sheep's wool. The innards bunched together after a few wash cycles, so my mom replaced this with some foam thingy. Age: About 12.
Jumbo: A green elephant which was sowed for me by my dad's mom, my "Omi". Filled with old socks. Has begun to slightly unravel. Still my favorite plushy evar. Will not be replaced until I have a real girl to cuddle. Age: About 28 or so.
Ikibundo: This hedgehog was given to me by the roofers when they renovated the roof of the house I grew up in... when I was about TWO. Henceforth the curious name!! :D Age: over 30!!
Der Werwurf: This critter was gifted to me by my RPG group in 2003. We had a slight craze that each of us is given a plushy by the others, and when we are Dungeon Master, we have it next to us and can pet it like the cat sitting on the armrest of the chair of the never-seen evil mastermind... :ymdevil: We were not really able to decide if this thingy was supposed to be a rat or a mole (German: Maulwurf), so we dubbed it the Werwurf! It has accompanied me ever since when I am the DM in my rounds. Age: 7.
Nicci Schaaf: This little sheep was given to me by a girl I studied with who I am still friends with. It was a little present to bring me luck for my diploma exams. :) I think I had given her a similar one before when she had her final exams. Age: 8.
Das Glückschweinerl: This little piggy was given to me (she had one for all guests) just at the end of last year, New Year's Eve, by my best friend's wife, a symbol for luck in the new year (didn't help much. :( ). Age: Not even had it's first birthday yet.

And here's the gang a bit spread out, you can see Jumbo does have BIG eyes (dude: easy on the ganja!).
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Ailith
Mistress of Minor Inconvenience

Post by Ailith »

Sure, why not.

First entry:

Holy crap, high school, lol.

Cute thingy:

My doggy.

I'm just a person trapped inside a woman's body.

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Nothing like waiting till the last minute....... :-=

Cutest Forumite Entry:

:3

Cutest Thingy Entry:

Scampi :)

and Biscuit, this is my favorite picture of her :x
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Re: 2010Cute Forumite Thingy Contest!(Cutest Forumite Voting Up)

Post by Don Alexander »

VOTING IS UP!!!
ImageImage