Anniversary Fan-Thing Discussion Thread

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Anniversary Fan-Thing Discussion Thread

Post by midgetshrimp »

Seeing as this is the fourth anniversary of Mà3 (a *little* belated, I know), it's time for the Fan Thing Contest! Your entry can be pretty much anything related to the Mà3/EC/MC/School Bites universes. This includes photos, pictures, art, poems, stories, fan fictions, songs, videos... you get the idea. Make it and enter! Easy and fun.

Only one entry per person, and each entry can contain only one type of media. As always, Not Suitable For Work entries must be posted behind appropriately labeled links.

This is a great contest to play to your strengths, whether it's music, art, writing, etc. So let's see what you guys can do!

Entries open until the 28th of July. Voting will end on the 31st of July. This thread is for contest discussion only.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Anniversary Fan-Thing Discussion Thread

Post by Don Alexander »

I see, the contest is well-received...

I'd like to enter, but at the moment, I don't really have a good idea for anything...

Also, rather little time :-S
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm not sure how good the story is. It sounded better in my head. However, I figured...what the heck...no one else entered anything so I finally wrote one.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Blissfull Wulf

Post by Blissfull Wulf »

xD Trap Gary, I loved it, then again I love almost anything gender bender wise. I'd have entered something, but my creativity skills are nil.

PLEASE NOTE: Thor can't read this.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Thanks. :) I could probably have made it better if I had time/energy to work on it more.

But still, that was fun :D
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Um...does this mean I win by default?

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I honestly got nothing this time. :-??
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Nobody wins by default! :P

At the moment I have no ideas either, though...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Hey...it's not my fault that I win by default :p

Actually, I was being silly. I do hope the story was OK, though.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Should be serialized! :D
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'll have to see what I can do about writing more about it :)

I need to do a lot of writing.

Engy

Post by Engy »

Since this Ma3's fourth year anniversary, I decided to celebrate it - by being 4 months late to the party. I saw that the contest was still going on, and I'm sure people would like to see more than just one submission after all this time, so I decided that it was time I produced something. I'm not too happy with how it turned out - particularly with the speed/timing and all - but I'm buried with work, so I can't spend more time on it. Fittingly, I spent 4 hours working on it.

I made it using Blender and Gimp, where I modelled and animated the letters/number in Blender, and then gif'd it in Gimp.
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Look, entries! :P

I had the idea for mine shortly after that comic was posted, but was too lazy to write it out...

But since I hit the BIG 20K, I decided to do it...

Maybe one or two other people have some nice ideas as well... :ympray: :YMDAYDREAM:

... before we forget about these contests forever. :-w :-L
ImageImage

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

That's actually kind of amazing :ymapplause: I think the New Years resolution should be to kick the contests back up a notch, til then I'm not sure what's going to happen with them.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Enough!

Entries be closed and voting is open!!

One vote only. Voting goes for four days starting now.
ImageImage