August Contests discussion thread! VOTE HERE TOO!!!

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Which girl sported the coolest fake beard?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:08 am

Fen
55%
Liliana
45%

Total votes: 22

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: August Contests discussion thread!

Post by 'J' »

Artemisia wrote:J's entry kind of terrified me.
Good
Yet still, I live...

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think most of the terror came from the "how could someone kill off Chloe and so many others". I tend to kind of be immune to horror after some of my nightmares.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hooray, Arti!!! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

Okay, so I'll wrapper up now!!

VOTING HAS STARTED!!!!

You have three contests to vote on!

You have one vote in the fake bear contest.
You have THREE votes in the real beard contest!!
You have TWO votes in the shipping contest!

Get voting, you have 4 days! :-bd
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MarkMoriquendi

Re: August Contests discussion thread! VOTE HERE TOO!!!

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

I started this hat trend thing.... so :p

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

Before I vote: are we allowed to vote for our own entries?
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

There's no way anyone can control that. I'd say it's considered unsportsmanlike, though in some contests (like the Forumite Election), it actually makes total sense to vote yourself. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

figured as much, I consider it unsportsmanship as well...

As for the Shipping contest: I voted for DA's shipping story.
Not only for the elaborate Old-English, but because his was the only actual cross-comic shipping story.
Most used Layla - Tiffany or just stuck with EC.
Since Tiffany appeared in both comics I don't think it's cross-comic to ship her with Layla.

Note: I did, however, really enjoy the writing of each contestant.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I still have to read all of the longer ones, then I'll vote. :)

@Muchacho: Thanks! :D But I note fen's little story was also cross-comic!
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Sigh...and here I had another entry for the shipping contest, but I wasn't sure that I should post it anyway- it's kind of really NSFW. Probably melt your computers.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

THIS forum?? You gotta be kidding. :P
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

True...um...oh well...I forget who I am posting with :)

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

I just realized that me and Gil are the only ones in the contest who doesn't have a color/title yet :p
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, after a while, it's just us old hands... And the few regulars who deny the contests.

But if voting continues like this, DnE may win, but you will be a close second and nab a shiny!!! :D
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, Searcher is the other one who doesn't have a color or a title. I think he did a great job on his story, though :)

MarkMoriquendi

Post by MarkMoriquendi »

re moustache thread: i didn't vote for myself :p