The Frankie Awards! Discussion.

Past glories of the forum.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Frankie Awards! Discussion.

Post by Don Alexander »

YESSM!!!!

*wields widdle wightsaber wondrously*
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay... I'm still too mean to give 8 prizes in a month (7 for this and the one for Glasses Day) , but I think that given the overwhelming awesomeness I have accidently created with this event, my origional plan of a vote and giving the person with the most correct nominations is now kind of redundant...

I'm in full support of the 'nominations' drawings or introducing a system of badges to add to sigs to signify the win of each different contest... but I feel we need a more widely encompassing prize system for this event as everyone mentioned is deserving of a prize for the wonderfullness they have brought to the forums that have resulted in them being nominated.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Now, I'll probably be ban-hammer clobbered for making this public, but the original "who gets the most nominated winners right wins the prize" has a big problem. Someone just needs to collect the number of nominations, as I have been doing in my posts, then assume that most people who nominated these people will vote for them... And then nominate exactly those who have the most nominations anyway, almost guaranteeing that most of their nominees will win, thus very probably winning the prize without even really thinking about why the made the nominations...

Not that I'm saying anyone would do this, but the theoretical possibility exists because the nominations have been public.

Otherwise, of course, the nominations have been really wonderful.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Bops with Bear-jollnir* No pointing out the Beary-mods deliberate mistake. :p

I believe that plan b may be giving the most nominated over all of the catagories the prize... unless someone has a better idea?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Sounds good to me. So far, that's alisonchan, who has no prize yet. And I think she's deserving. ;)

Of course, this can be manipulated as well...

*goes back to own posts and edits, nominating myself in all categories* :ymdevil:

Yeah, I know, useless, seeing I have a shiny title already.

And nominating someone is pretty much the same as voting for someone...
ImageImage

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

I'd like a shiny title if I win, and to make pictures for the winners of each category.
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm pretty sure that your going to win something soon enough Alison :ymhug:

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

Is it the hearts of millions? :ympray:
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Yes—the hearts of millions—all sacrificed on the altars of Huitzilopochtli! Ah-hahahahaha! :ymdevil:

“Here’s your problem. This clown was set to ‘evil’.” :P
I think outside the tesseract.

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

You mean clowns have a setting in which they aren't evil?
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

cyanide_sweet
Ebil Sithlady

Post by cyanide_sweet »

He's quoting treehouse of horror I think :))

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Correct. One of The Simpsons Halloween Specials—#3, I think.
I think outside the tesseract.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I hope we arent over burdening you Alison. You already have those forumite theme artworks on your plate. [like bears thats done]
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Post by brnleague99 »

Retiarius wrote:Correct. One of The Simpsons Halloween Specials—#3, I think.
Clown Without Pity
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well the nominations are now over, but I'm going to leave the thread up for a while simple because I'd not expected such a great response and such heartfelt expressions of the forumites appreciations for others. I'd origional envisioned this as a contest, but really, there is no contest... Your all winners in my book. Everyone here has brought something to this forum and our little family that has touched the life of everyone else in some way. Be it with a picture, or a kind word, or even just a hug, all the way to the many great stories brought here and the sense of togetherness and support for those its given.

Although many forumites weren't nominated for a catagory, I think that everyone deserves an honourary mention for what they have done. Be it just being around occasionally, or making just a few posts, this forum wouldn't be here without you and the small contributions we've all made.

As for someone to award a prize to... I don't think that its needed to vote and clog up the forum with multiple polls for the next week soo.. in a move I hope that everyone will agree with, I award the prize to the most nominated forumite... Alison-chan! For all the fun and hardwork and contributions and joy she's brought to the forum, I'm sure everyone will agree that she's much deserving of a prize.

Just one more thing... I love the idea that we should have a series of badges that can be displayed in the signitures for those that have won the contests. If anyone would like to submit a design, or a badge series, please do so in the Announcements / Suggestions thread.

Congrats again Alison! :ymhug: