Chapter 5: People Getting Mad at Video Games

Blaster Nation

Moderators: Antares, BN-Brad, BN-Leslie

BN-Brad

Chapter 5: People Getting Mad at Video Games

Post by BN-Brad »

This thread is dedicated to the discussion and speculation of Chapter 5. Will Salty Curt remain undefeated? Can Derrick win the heart of his crush? Will this comic ever update again?

Discuss what you think will happen, whether or not you're liking the direction this chapter is taking, what and if you like the new characters or not, etc. Leslie and I will be here to answer questions, be pelted with criticism, and make fun of the characters with you all.
Writer for this comic!
http://blasternation.com

Graham

Re: Chapter 5: People Getting Mad at Video Games

Post by Graham »

This chapter has been good so far! I was wondering why you guys made up 'Trial By Fighting' seeing as you've been using real pop culture reference up until now.

BN-Brad

Post by BN-Brad »

We just thought it'd be a lot funner to create our own video game with our own rules, even if those rules have been greatly influenced by the already established fighting game traditions.

We're still using plenty of pop culture references, though!
Writer for this comic!

Laughalot

Post by Laughalot »

Welp, I've been reading lots of webcomics for a while, including yours and most of Pixie Tricks, so seeing your comment about the forum motivated me to just go ahead and register ^^
On that note, I did actually want to ask, what on earth is the Momo Cannon? I mean it's a super attack, but seems kind left field when comparing with her abilities and bio :p
Also I slightly maybe suspect that whatever he was trying to say by starting with "For" is a bit of a legend in competitive gaming^^
Anxious to see what the next page looks like, someone must be taught that spamming is not a real strategy in the big leagues. :D

BN-Brad

Post by BN-Brad »

Sorry I took so long responding to you, Laughalot!

Momo's staff has the ability to transform into various things, and I figured it'd be cool to utilize that for a special attack. And one of the coolest projectile specials in all of fighting game history has to be Iron Man's Proton Cannon, so we kinda wanted to mimic that. Shameless? Yes. But I think it's really cool. Originally it was going to shoot sparkles and rainbows but we kinda thought it looked a little too busy.

BUT WHAT NO NUH-UH THAT'S TOTALLY NOT WHAT HAI'S TALKING ABOUT

But yeah, we've got some legit surprises in store for the next couple pages and I'm kinda proud of them, so I really hope you like them! We're going to try to get more pages out faster to get through this fighting scene, because to us at least, it's kinda dragging on a bit considering our update schedule.
Writer for this comic!