Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

[VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by Adam_Arnold »

At last!! Presenting the long-awaited webmanga preview of Vampire Cheerleaders! Enjoy! ^_^
http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net

And be sure to follow us on Facebook for TONS of behind-the-scenes extras:
http://facebook.com/vampirecheerleaders

Harukochan

Re: [VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by Harukochan »

A vampire with braces? That's an interesting idea.

Can the fangs pop out without meaning to? Because if that happens when she's getting her braces rewired, the orthodontist is going to flip out.

That guy's gonna be traumatized for life after this. Every time he sees a pretty girl (or a girl in general), he's gonna see her instead.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Harukochan wrote:A vampire with braces? That's an interesting idea.

Can the fangs pop out without meaning to? Because if that happens when she's getting her braces rewired, the orthodontist is going to flip out.
That'd be hilarious to see.

That guy's gonna be traumatized for life after this. Every time he sees a pretty girl (or a girl in general), he's gonna see her instead.
If he lives that long, that is. Heh...

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Oh. That's...an awkward way to go. And explains your comment.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Yeah, those rumors...would being in a monastery kill a vampire?

Killing her boyfriend...how the heck did they cover that up? Or did they?

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Harukochan wrote:Killing her boyfriend...how the heck did they cover that up? Or did they?
"This is our year. If we can focus, keep discipline and not have quite as many mysterious deaths, Bakertown is gonna rule."

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

"Quite as many mysterious deaths?" Sunnydale much?

If it turns out the main characters are serial killers, this is really gonna get interesting.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

There's one in every family.

RJFrazer

Post by RJFrazer »

I've had a pretty traumatic relationship with the whole vampire concept in the past, and even today when I'm older and (allegedly) wiser, the very thought of them honestly makes a lead pit settle in my stomach. It speaks well for Vampire Cheerleaders, then, that it's been attracting my attention even despite my antipathy to bats and fangs. From these preview pages, it seems to have the right blend of lighthearted fun, sultry sexiness and vile monstrosity to generate broad appeal.

But oh, poor, deluded Heather - when the other girls say that they're having an additional intensive rehearsal session in the late evening, just pretend to have the 'flu or come in making pointedly loud complaints about how you accidently cut yourself on some rusty old scrap metal along the way, or something... :saaad:

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Hee hee. Great to hear that you're digging VampCheer so far, RJFrazer! ^_^
We had a blast working on the first book and are already hard at work on the second one. Hope you get a kick out of where everything is going!

laughingvulcanX2

Post by laughingvulcanX2 »

Adam, I gotta admit, I'm liking it so far. I'm waiting to see how long it is before the girls all start falling for (and drinking from) our nervous hero. (He DOES seem like a Keiichi Morisato pastiche to me.) A Vampire Harem...could be interesting. :sweat:

Thank you for NOT making Lori the stereotype of a 'dumb blonde'.

(If ANY of them fall for Len, i'll bet that it probably will be Suki, if only because they have such opposite personalities and are like water & oil at this point.) Maybe that would help develop his backbone, too. Staring down a vampire and trading barbs, if done carefully, can only help him.

I just hope Len can refrain from telling Heather, "You SEE! I TOLD you so!" I don't think she'd appreciate it too much in her new state.

I'll be interested to see what happens to Leslie. She seems to be a sweetheart. (She could take a nibble from me ANYTIME!) :D

I'm sure it'll be frustrating for Len, once he thinks about it. Even if they (and soon to be Heather) are vampires, no one would believe him.

Who wants to bet Candice ISN'T dead? She wouldn't be liking that she was replaced, methinks... (0_0;) Heather's Arch-Nemisis?

This series though, Adam, has the same problem as 'Dance in the Bund'...the LOOOONNNGG wait between volumes. Although it seems to be WORSE on this one. Is volume 2 REALLY coming out in December? A nine month wait DOES seem to be a bit much...

Nevertheless, I wish all of you good luck on this one, and hope to see all the girls and Len developed as well as the characters from 'Aoi House' were. (Can the vamps be seen in mirrors?)

Be well.
Greg

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

For a second there, I wasn't sure who you were talking about when you said "Len." And then I realized you meant "Leonard." Ha ha!

laughingvulcan wrote:Thank you for NOT making Lori the stereotype of a 'dumb blonde'.
What can I say... I love having strong female leads!

Adam, I gotta admit, I'm liking it so far. I'm waiting to see how long it is before the girls all start falling for (and drinking from) our nervous hero. (He DOES seem like a Keiichi Morisato pastiche to me.) A Vampire Harem...could be interesting. :sweat:
One of our very early concepts was something dubbed "Vampire Harem" and it was along the lines that you mention. Vampire Cheerleaders is something very different, though. I might have a bunch of girls in this book, but it's very much a teen sex comedy and not a harem comedy.

So, I hate to say it... but Leonard isn't the main character. He's very much part of the supporting cast. The girls are the stars of this book!

This series though, Adam, has the same problem as 'Dance in the Bund'...the LOOOONNNGG wait between volumes. Although it seems to be WORSE on this one. Is volume 2 REALLY coming out in December? A nine month wait DOES seem to be a bit much...
Well, keep in mind that we are creating Vampire Cheerleaders and Paranormal Mystery Squad totally from scratch, which does take time to create (and Shiei also has the long-running Amazing Agent Luna series that she's working on as well).

The plus is that each installment of these stories is designed to be a complete story in and of itself. Essentially, they're a lot like a pair of 90 minute movies, hence the double-feature vibe we're going for!

Nevertheless, I wish all of you good luck on this one, and hope to see all the girls and Len developed as well as the characters from 'Aoi House' were.
Thanks!

(Can the vamps be seen in mirrors?)
The "rules" will be explained in due time... ^_^