VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Post by Adam_Arnold »

tau neutrino wrote:Going over the Aoi archives, is there anything romantic between Dean Perkins and Ms. Addison?
I'm sure the Dean wishes there were... >_>

As a swimmer, isn't Nina worried about smoking decreasing her lung capacity? Would she ever use e-cigarettes?
When I first wrote Aoi House, there weren't e-cigarettes. But yes, Nina would definitely be one of those people that would give all those crazy vapor flavors a try.

How do the lines at Hatsucon compare to the SDCC?
10 years on, this is something that has changed quite a bit as well. Cons are now huge beasts in and of themselves. Hatsucon wouldn't be a huge convention, rather something more akin to con that was still more fan oriented. So I'd say something like Anime Weekend Atlanta.

I should also mention that I would LOVE to write another Aoi House story at some point.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Adam Arnold wrote:
I should also mention that I would LOVE to write another Aoi House story at some point.
That would be nice. Would it be another lost episode? If so , could we see a pre-PMS Stephanie Kane again, maybe with Char and Katie?

In addition to Soul Caliber, is there any anime heroine that Stephanie identifies with? (I was thinking of Balsa from Moribito).

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Going to the first book, where is Bakertown located in Colorado? How far is it from Moreland State University?

So there's only cheerleaders for the football team? (In my school we had squads for the football, basketball, wrestling, and soccer teams, although now there's only football and basketball squads.)

How tall is Heather compared to the others? Her desc. calls her "short (petite)" and she seems a head shorter than Julian, but other times she seems as tall as Lori. Since you have cup sizes for the VC, how about for the B squad and Mrs. Hartley?

Since Heather was a virgin before being turned, will she have the same problem Jessica Hamby in True Blood has? Was she one of the inspirations for Heather?

Where do the VC get the blood for the melons and the Code Red? Do they have a thrall in the blood bank?

Is Heather a Daddy's girl? Did she want her parents to give her a baby sister because she'd never have a child herself?

Is the mention of Mr. Dark's carousel here a comment of the drawbacks of the VC's undead state?
If Julian is a senior, why is he in the same chemistry class with Heather and Leonard?

Even though the Bats had a lousy homecoming game, is the football and cheerleading season really over? They only lost by six points and were otherwise undefeated that season. Did they go to state?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

tau neutrino wrote:Going to the first book, where is Bakertown located in Colorado? How far is it from Mooreland State University?
http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... n_30_miles

tau neutrino wrote:So there's only cheerleaders for the football team? (In my school we had squads for the football, basketball, wrestling, and soccer teams, although now there's only football and basketball squads.)
Football cheerleaders are the most romanticized, so I tried to keep it as iconic, in that regard, as possible.

tau neutrino wrote:Since Heather was a virgin before being turned, will she have the same problem Jessica Hamby in True Blood has? Was she one of the inspirations for Heather?
A number of the Vampire Cheerleaders and B Squad are loosely based on people I either went to high school with or worked at a gym with. Heather is one of that I went to high school with. (That said, Zoe and Suki are totally original creations.)

As for the "problem Jessica Hamby" has, I addressed that during the car scene in volume 1. Girls active in sports (like gymnastics, soccer, horseback riding, etc) tend to not have to worry about such things.

tau neutrino wrote:Where do the VC get the blood for the melons and the Code Red? Do they have a thrall in the blood bank?
Different sources. But blood bank is one of them: http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... blood_bank

tau neutrino wrote:If Julian is a senior, why is he in the same chemistry class with Heather and Leonard?
I took a few classes (gym and math classes, etc) that had students from different grades in them for various reasons.

Even though the Bats had a lousy homecoming game, is the football and cheerleading season really over? They only lost by six points and were otherwise undefeated that season. Did they go to state?
Up to the reader to decide.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Thanks for the response.
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Going to the first book, where is Bakertown located in Colorado? How far is it from Mooreland State University?
http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... n_30_miles
Forgot about that.
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:So there's only cheerleaders for the football team? (In my school we had squads for the football, basketball, wrestling, and soccer teams, although now there's only football and basketball squads.)
Football cheerleaders are the most romanticized, so I tried to keep it as iconic, in that regard, as possible.
It's possible Lori's presence actually stunted cheerleading at Bakertown. (More on that in another post.)
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Since Heather was a virgin before being turned, will she have the same problem Jessica Hamby in True Blood has? Was she one of the inspirations for Heather?
A number of the Vampire Cheerleaders and B Squad are loosely based on people I either went to high school with or worked at a gym with. Heather is one of that I went to high school with. (That said, Zoe and Suki are totally original creations.)
Hope you weren't offended by all the antipathy towards her on the forum. I meant more specifically the vampire parts such as going wild and draining people excessively as a reaction to a strict upbringing, like The Cheerleaders inspired sabotaging Lawndale.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Some PMS questions.

Did we ever find out the names of Katie and Stephanie's parents? Since their deaths were the catalyst for Stephanie becoming a ruthless cryptid killer and subsequent events that led her to become the Moth Queen, were the Mothmen observing them? Did they have anything to do with their deaths?

Did Steph and Char ever cosplay at Hatsucon?

Were the PMS working as bounty hunters when they went after the deer woman?

Since they have a freezer full of blood as vampire bait, have they actually fought vampires before? If so, were they the same species as Layla Delacroix, or something else? Same question with J.C. Summerfield's father.

Did Flox News ace reporter Tana Montgomery ever find love, or did she remain alone with her cats?

Do you have the scenarios worked out in your mind for these scenes in PMS's trip home?

After Stephanie disappeared, did Char become Katie's legal guardian?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

tau neutrino wrote:Did we ever find out the names of Katie and Stephanie's parents?
Sheldon M. Kane & Mary E. Kane.

tau neutrino wrote:Did Steph and Char ever cosplay at Hatsucon?
Most assuredly.

tau neutrino wrote:Since they have a freezer full of blood as vampire bait, have they actually fought vampires before?
Sure, PMS have fought vampires before. I recall that I wanted to do a nod to Fright Night at one point.

tau neutrino wrote:Did Flox News ace reporter Tana Montgomery ever find love, or did she remain alone with her cats?
I like that question. It's so random.

tau neutrino wrote:Do you have the scenarios worked out in your mind for these scenes in PMS's trip home?
I'll often write montages or short scene snippets. Paranormal Mystery Squad had countless, countless untold adventures that I came up.

tau neutrino wrote:After Stephanie disappeared, did Char become Katie's legal guardian?
Yes, or she was working towards it.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Did Steph and Char ever cosplay at Hatsucon?
Most assuredly.
I have an image of Steph or Char requesting a lot of pictures so they could remember it.
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Since they have a freezer full of blood as vampire bait, have they actually fought vampires before?
Sure, PMS has fought vampires before. I recall that I wanted to do a nod to Fright Night at one point.
That would be fun if you could do it, although the pro-vampire contingent would probably complain.
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Did Flox News ace reporter Tana Montgomery ever find love, or did she remain alone with her cats?
I like that question. It's so random.
Recurring secondary characters need love too. I thought it was depressing that those would be a beautiful woman's tentative last words. Maybe Jessica Kim could help?
Adam Arnold wrote:
tau neutrino wrote:Do you have the scenarios worked out in your mind for these scenes in PMS's trip home?
I'll often write montages or short scene snippets. Paranormal Mystery Squad had countless, countless untold adventures that I came up.
Would you ever want to tell those in a more forgiving future market? I'd love to see the battle with the muffler men.
Last edited by tau neutrino on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Questions about the second VC book.

How did Leonard get thralled after the first book? Did Heather go along with it or even set him up?

Did Heather and the B squad make up during the training for the competition?

What does Lori think about the stage version of Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Were the Hartley's able to eat or go to the restroom while they were playing the slots?

Was Leonard ever forced to go in drag as Leonori again? Did he have to go back to Bakertown in the trunk? Did Heather or anyone ever suggest turning him?

Are those regular handcuffs Bianca was using? Can gorgon blood cure vampirism, or was Bianca bluffing? How does her sister think they were making the world a better place? Since Bianca'a servants knew her prisoner was a cheerleader, the other VCs had been looking for her, and Bianca had Lori's phone, wouldn't tracking her down be easy?

Did you ever imagine that RL people would express the pro-vampire attitude in the signs here?

MrJustice4

Post by MrJustice4 »

Did Leonard have parents, but weren't apart of the story or what?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

MrJustice4 wrote:Did Leonard have parents, but weren't apart of the story or what?
Adam stated earlier that Leonard was already odd, so his parents probably wouldn't notice anything different about him.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

On to VCMD!

Does Heather's father work in a hospital or a blood bank? Is Heather actually drinking from her pregnant mother? Is Mrs. Hartley getting prenatal care?

By girl things does Lori mean pick up and feed off guys? After plan BC with Leonard, how much experience does Heather have with sex? Is she in a monogamous relationship with Julian? How far will Leonard have to walk home?

Since PETM is opening the purse strings, does that mean they knew about Lori when PMS reported the possible VC or since Bianca's death?

Are Heather's tears regular tears or blood, like in True Blood? Was Heather going to join the others when they left town, or stay as a senior? Would she have kept Leonard as a thrall?

As far as Stephanie knows Char a might be dead and Lori has her fangs in Stephanie's neck. So why not stake her? Any monetary reward from PETM and promises to Maria Delacroix should rank less than self-preservation.

So did their win at the cheerleading championships stand? Did Mackynzie Ashwood and Elle Mathers figure out they had been drained in Vegas, and were the VCs linked to the homecoming game debacle?

A point of contention, did Leonard ever enjoy Plan BC after the first time? How did he get in contact with Candice and how did he learn learn to fight so well?

The original plan was to have Lori as a horror hostess on "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents", but what would have happened to the rest?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

VCiS&T?!:

Do Heather and her parents still go to church?

Are all of the former B squad members vampires or just Danielle, Charlene, and Kim (the ones flying the Vipers at the end)? (It's hard to tell if Juanita has fangs here or not.) How about the two unnamed new members? BTW, what are their names? Were they all turned voluntarily?

Are they accepted in the school, or is PETM forcing their presence there (like Katie was forced to be a cheerleader), including Heather as senior class president?

Is PETM giving them some kind of treatment to increase their empathy? (Heather seems to have gotten a conscience about glamouring people to death.)

Okay, this explains why Suki was transported, but why only her and not the others, esp. Heather?

Why the Heel-Face-Turn for Lita? She doesn't seem concerned about Katie, let alone the rest of humanity.

Is Leonard glamoured here?

Why is Suki more upset about aliens she just met than when she thought Leonard was dead?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

VCiS&T?! cont.

What's Heather's baby sister's name?

Shouldn't Suki have had to be verbally invited in here?

What were the reasons for the Gorgons' alliance with the Reptilians back in pre-history? Did they really think they were making the world a better place?

Did all of Lori's progeny take her name? How long has it been since Zoe and Leslie saw her?

What's the purpose of the Reptilian attack on Litaworld? Why did the ceraova go from food to a target for destruction? Are they declaring war for the death of Admiral Sark?
Why'd Lita turn into such a humanitarian, and why is she enraged about Katie getting hurt? She only knew her for a brief time centuries ago (Lita's time) and was happy when she vanished. Where'd Lita get all this power? Does being a CEO count as worship to empower her?

What kind of vampire was Adrian Summerfield? Was he a hominus nocturna or one of the Delacroix kind? Can you say whether Baron Jedediah Winters is an ancestor of Tiffany Winters? Why doesn't the Lori's primary weakness apply when struck in the back with the garlic tipped crossbow bolts? They'd go through a normal person, let alone one with a very weak back.

Why was Marcy O'Keeffe so dedicated to the Reptilians' cause that she'd sacrifice her skin? Was it Stockholm Syndrome like someone suggested?

What happened to Gackt Jr (ceraova prime) here? Did he explode or teleport? If so, when/where? Was Stephanie mating with just Gackt, or all the mothmen?
What was the Reptilian goal? Did they want to destroy Mothworld, or capture the Moth queen? (Which would explain why they didn't kill her here or bomb the place.)

Nice to see Theodore again, but how can he have parole after massacring all those farmhands, especially since he has to be restrained like that? Did Stephanie order or even know about the Mothmen granting that vision to Charlotte?
How should we react to a nursery getting squashed and most of the eggs destroyed?

What's the Greater Reptilian Empire doing now, especially since the few remaining Mothmen are an easy target? The ones in the pyramid couldn't have been the entire empire.
Where did the key to Chronopolis come from and why did Lori transport it? Does she really have a zillion childer?
What possibilities does Charlotte have in mind? Preventing Stephanie's abduction or the death of her parents? Is she getting de-aged or made immortal? Is Peter immortal just because he's one-quarter vampire, or has the lifespan for everyone infinite? Does he have to take the medicine his father had to? Is J.C. still alive in the 27th century?
Have the B-squad left the military and the Eldridge to go back into cheerleading?

Does Candice desperately want to be a vampire again? Can she be turned?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

The most important questions I can think of involving the whole series.

Julian is pretty much inspired by Blaine in Pretty in Pink, with his cast bio describing him as a "Hunky guy, but not your typical jock meathead. Like Heather and Heather likes him." So what happened to their relationship after the prom battle and Heather's rescue? Since he's not a meathead, he couldn't fail to make the connection between his girlfriend being a vampire after she joined the senior squad and what happened to him and the rest of the team the night before the homecoming game. Furthermore, since Heather didn't show up at the end, what was her fate? Her job as an office manger for PETM is a lot less glamorous than the others'. How would she handle going through centuries with a petite junior's body (like Mr. Dark's carousel), and watching most of the people she knows die? Could she have any permanent romantic relationships?

In this scene, there's a tendency to take the side of the hot vampire girls over the old geezers as opposed to hot female hunters like PMS and Tiffany Winters. Leonard even calls Emma an innocent girl who got staked. So were Lorna and Emma innocent friendly neighborhood vampires, or were Baron Winters and his hunters as justified as Stephanie was in killing the Deer Woman and PMS fighting vampires themselves?

Stephanie becoming the Moth Queen raises some troubling consent issues. Her words about it were "I resisted so much at first. Wasted so much time. How much time? The total span is seven centuries, and time doesn't seem to flow differently in Mothworld. Compared to that, was months, years, or centuries? Can the mothmen influence someone with their telepathy? Even if they can't, did Stephanie stop resisting because of Stockholm Syndrome after being without human contact for so long? Was her body transformed before that? After becoming Queen, why didn't she contact Katie or Char in the months and years after her disappearance?

What was Stephanie's final fate? With Mothworld destroyed and a handful of survivors, what does she do? Is she and the others freeloading off Lita? Did L'Arc-en-ciel or other breeding males survive, and is Stephanie still a brood mare? What can she do besides being that? What do Katie and Leonard do?