2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Nightgazer Starlight

Re: 2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Error of Logic wrote:I thought that was just a threat to stop her from glamouring them there and then.
Fun fact: humans can't just 'shove' a stake into anyone's chest. There's a reason why classic vampire-slaying tools include a HAMMER.

It worked, too. The instant all the excitement from birth was over and the anti-vampire tools were gone, it was back to mindwipe city...
She thought they would kill her in her sleep.

So she enthralled them to prevent that.

So she wouldn't die in her sleep.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Tako

Post by Tako »

1.-Now you are writing your own story. There is nothing in the strip that suggests that.
2.-Again: Are you claiming that Heather's mom threatened her life in front of four vampires while carrying her newborn baby in her arms?
3.-Even if you were right, Heather wasn't in inmediate danger. She could have just walked through the door because, you know, four vampires in the room. And even Heather alone is more than able to beat the crap out of an adult man because, you know, vampire.
4.-Do Heather's parents have some superpower that can force her to fall asleep right there? Because, unless they can do that, how could they kill her in her sleep if she's expecting them to do that? Couldn't she, you know, sleep somewhere else? Like, in another town?
5.-At this point I'm quite sure that you are trolling in order to get angry responses, so I won't read you posts anymore.
Last edited by Tako on Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Tako wrote:1.-Now you are writing your own story. There is nothing in the strip that suggests that.
Then you're not looking closely enough now.
Tako wrote:2.-Again: Are you claiming that Heather's mom threatened her life in front of four vampires while carrying her newborn baby in her arms?
Yes.
Tako wrote:3.-Even if you were right, Heather wasn't in inmediate danger. She could have just walked through the door because, you know, four vampires in the room. And even Heather alone is more than able to beat the crap of an adult man because, you know, vampire.

Maybe she didn't want to be chased away from the only home she has ever known then.
Tako wrote:4.-Do Heather's parents have some superpower that can force her to fall asleep right there? Because, unless they can do that, how could they kill her in her sleep if she's expecting them to do that? Couldn't she, you know, sleep somewhere else? Like, in another town?
See above answer.
Tako wrote:5.-At this point I'm quite sure that you are trolling in order to get angry responses, so I won't read you posts anymore.
No, I am not trolling. I just think everyone's being too harsh on Heather, Heather deserves better treatment y'know. She's a wonderful girl and she doesn't deserve the badness that is happening to her in her life now.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

... Did Heather deserve to be a Gorgon's repeat snack? No, probably not.

Does Heather deserve to be kicked out of 'the only home she has ever known' for turning her parents into breeding- and bleeding-cattle? Yes.
Even if her parents were utter jerks to her when she was still human, then still: Yes. Personally, I don't see it. The only thing her parents have said they would do to her for treating them the way she did, is that they would ground her. Not "unholy spawn of darkness that was my daughter, your existence ends NOW!", just "you're grounded".

I don't see this 'wonderful girl' you speak of. I see someone who is ultimately vain and selfish, and only stopped mass-feeding (read: carelessly exploiting people) because her sire stopped her from doing it and made it clear that she would be punished if she continued. I see someone who failed to take any kind of reality check or wisdom away from being treated as meat-cattle for a sadistic exploiter's pleasure. Being kicked out of the family home is the least she deserves - and it's a very mild punishment, compared to some of the things that could be done to her. And her parents weren't even going to do it!

Heather does make Suki look good. Suki is, essentially, a dumbass. She's an unapologetic predator most of the time, but she has improved to the point that she can feel for others when those others are exploited Gorgon-style. Heather still fails to do so.

I sincerely hope the next page is entitled "Heather gets a Gibbs-smack upside the head from her fellow vampire cheerleaders for being a douche".

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Hyper Magi wrote:http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... aby_sister

Right.

Chilling in the flame bunker right now. Anyone care to join me?
Oh, yes please. If my laughing at everyone who thought she's actually get in trouble gets too loud by all means tell me.

Honest to god, here I thought you guys would have learned by now, but apparently I'm giving you all too much credit. This is the Game of Thrones of webcomics when I think about it: the people you think deserve their comeuppance never get it. But you keep watching because you want to be there when it happens. And it never does. And as you get angrier and angrier the people who know better by that point just get more and more entertainment out of it. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not the kind of person who typically thrives on this sort of thing and feel really really bad for being on the side that enjoys it, but honestly. You guys get really riled up.

MST3K mantra people. MST3K mantra.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Tython

Post by Tython »

This wonderful girl on awakening as a Vampire wanted to go out and kill people, this wonderful girl drained the entire football team in a bloodsoaked orgy and showed no remorse for the act it was only until she was threatened by Lori with death that she somewhat smartened up, this wonderful girl allowed her friend to be treated like a slave via enthrallment and didn't do a thing to help him even though he had promised not to reveal there secret. Don't even get me started the parents as well that's something that really pisses me off because of the implications of what she had done to them for her own selfish desire for a sibling.

Yeah real sweet girl

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

SilentChaos87 wrote:Honest to god, here I thought you guys would have learned by now, but apparently I'm giving you all too much credit. This is the Game of Thrones of webcomics when I think about it: the people you think deserve their comeuppance never get it. But you keep watching because you want to be there when it happens. And it never does. And as you get angrier and angrier the people who know better by that point just get more and more entertainment out of it. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not the kind of person who typically thrives on this sort of thing and feel really really bad for being on the side that enjoys it, but honestly. You guys get really riled up.
Could not agree more. Honestly, the comments are at times funnier than the comic itself, and I find the comic pretty f**king funny. (I've always loved me some sociopathic humor. :ymdevil: ) I can almost see the red faces screaming at their monitors...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

As for comeuppances - their precious 'perfect prom night' was ruined by monster hunters.

They spent who knows how long being dined upon by a Gorgon.

Those are some serious comeuppances -- the former mostly because their leader is so mind-meltingly shallow and the rest of them are as well, to varying degrees, but still.

gman

Post by gman »

I agree with Error of Logic there.

It kind of makes you wonder what type of personality Heather had before she got turned. The fact she wanted to kill people and turned her parents into cattle makes you think that she had some screws loose way before the storyline even started. That is possibly because her parents were so controlling that she had virtually no freedom to be herself and when she was turned, it brought all these repressed feelings to the surface. But that is just a theory.

Also, while I agree that Suki wasn't the brightest bulb and is a nympho, at least she has some empathy for others( example those two aliens, simon and garfunkale). Plus, she and Leonard have some kind of spark between them, deep down. Between Heather , Katie ( who seems pissed off all the time over almost anything) and Suki, Leonard is better off with Suki, perhaps not for some long term relationship ( I do not know if comment meant is a possibility for Suki ) , then at least for as long as Leonard will have her.

Tako

Post by Tako »

Sk'thloq wrote:
SilentChaos87 wrote:Honest to god, here I thought you guys would have learned by now, but apparently I'm giving you all too much credit. This is the Game of Thrones of webcomics when I think about it: the people you think deserve their comeuppance never get it. But you keep watching because you want to be there when it happens. And it never does. And as you get angrier and angrier the people who know better by that point just get more and more entertainment out of it. It's a vicious cycle. I'm not the kind of person who typically thrives on this sort of thing and feel really really bad for being on the side that enjoys it, but honestly. You guys get really riled up.
Could not agree more. Honestly, the comments are at times funnier than the comic itself, and I find the comic pretty f**king funny. (I've always loved me some sociopathic humor. :ymdevil: ) I can almost see the red faces screaming at their monitors...
Richard from Looking for Group, Bun-bun of Sluggy Freelance, Lobo of DC comics, Belkar Bitterleaf of The Order of the Stick, Bangladesh Dupree of Girl Genious and almost all the cast of 8-bits theater are funny because of how crazy, surreal and and over-the-top they are. They are so psychopatic that they "cross the line twice" and become funny. They are evil characters that are presented as being evil and are funny because they are so evil.

Heather, on the other hand, 1.-is not surreal/ridiculous/over-the-top enough to be funny and 2.-I always get the impression that the writers are expecting me to empathize with her and side with her, to see her as "the good one", that her deeds are presented as rightful or at least not so bad. And it provokes a sense of cognitive disonance that shakes me.
gman wrote:It kind of makes you wonder what type of personality Heather had before she got turned. The fact she wanted to kill people and turned her parents into cattle makes you think that she had some screws loose way before the storyline even started. That is possibly because her parents were so controlling that she had virtually no freedom to be herself and when she was turned, it brought all these repressed feelings to the surface. But that is just a theory.
Yeah, Lori probably picked girls that weren't very sharp (so she could control them), who were quite amoral to start with (so they would do as she said, assault people for blood, enslave their parents...etc, without hesitation), and who were really shallow (so they would share her cheerleading obsession) because, lets be honest, who else would help her with her plan? Any person with half a brain would think that she was crazy for obsessing about living her "perfect year".
gman wrote:Also, while I agree that Suki wasn't the brightest bulb and is a nympho, at least she has some empathy for others( example those two aliens, simon and garfunkale). Plus, she and Leonard have some kind of spark between them, deep down. Between Heather , Katie ( who seems pissed off all the time over almost anything) and Suki, Leonard is better off with Suki, perhaps not for some long term relationship ( I do not know if comment meant is a possibility for Suki ) , then at least for as long as Leonard will have her.
Couldn't agree more. Suki has grown to become the most likeable character in the strip save Charlotte.

EDIT: I'm aware that Suki has been attributed some nasty things too, but we haven't seen those. We have seen Suki being just foolish, crazy, pervy, nice and funny, not sociopathic.

Linvega

Post by Linvega »

I wonder what would happen when the baby starts to grow up, understand things and skeletons starts walking out of closet.

She will learn that she was born out of her sisters whim, pretty much produced like a toy for her, by a pair of brainwashed slaves.

How will she act to that? Or how will she act when she realize that she has been raised by zombies, not realy knowing her real parents, since her sister took away her chance for normal family?

I can pretty much see her developing hate and hunting vampires, aiming at her sister in particular out of well justified resentment. That actually would be cool turn of events and pretty karmic retribution for Heather. Not some ancient vampire eating monster, but hateful Nemesis created by her own shallowness.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Oh I stopped being angry quite some time ago. Stuff being retconned - the comic practically begging us to love the vampires, massive gaps ect ect. My earlier comment merely expresses my dismay at the author tacking the piss. Having a perfectly enjoyable adventure through time and space. Then this rubbish. Brings back everything that hacked me off about the previous chapters. Since it's pointless I can only conclude it's a troll strip. And I live in hope it's an April fools.

I have not been this disappointed in a strip since the last Weregeeks.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

gman

Post by gman »

Amen to that

Tython

Post by Tython »

Linvega wrote:I wonder what would happen when the baby starts to grow up, understand things and skeletons starts walking out of closet.

She will learn that she was born out of her sisters whim, pretty much produced like a toy for her, by a pair of brainwashed slaves.

How will she act to that? Or how will she act when she realize that she has been raised by zombies, not realy knowing her real parents, since her sister took away her chance for normal family?

I can pretty much see her developing hate and hunting vampires, aiming at her sister in particular out of well justified resentment. That actually would be cool turn of events and pretty karmic retribution for Heather. Not some ancient vampire eating monster, but hateful Nemesis created by her own shallowness.
This would be awesome

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Question. Have the authors ever addressed this cognitive dissonance that bothers so many fans and would-be fans? That is have they ever given their perspectives on the things that bother us? I just hate feeling like we are talking to brick walls.

I do know there was a surprisingly large backlash to the "Vampire Cheerleaders must Die" story arc, wherein people hated on the PMS and sided with the vampires. But I blame that largely on poor execution and lack of focus on the things the vampires were actually doing wrong. Or at least that is my explanation.