14-01-06 [VC] Your Favourite Toppings

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Tako

Post by Tako »

As predicted, Suki has snapped, and is ready to ditch the comic relief role, take a level in baddass and kick some ass. She can't beat the army of bodyguards that is surely about to enter the scene, but maybe she can take that old ugly gorgon before escaping. :AR!

Let's get dangerous (she even has the cloak)

Also, the gorgons are jerks...what is it with them? Why being nice with them, invite them to dinner, and then torture them serving their friends' heads as desserts? This is the past (Bianca is alive) so the gorgons still haven't any grudge against the group...why do they make such an effort to hurt them? :-\ :-?

TBeholder
BANNED

Re: 14-01-06 [VC] Your Favourite Toppings

Post by TBeholder »

Dunno, maybe the sisters always were like this?

Also, that's exactly the sort of thing Leo would start on his own, so will they feel like kindred spirits now? Or does the relationship between these two (beyond plain "VWP" part) hold together on "let's look who's crazier"? So many questions...
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

shelmaliar

Post by shelmaliar »

and dinner is ruined. ..

Tako

Post by Tako »

TBeholder wrote:Dunno, maybe the sisters always were like this?
This goes beyond being a mere asshole, even beyond being a murderous asshole. They predicted their arrival with the help of seers, prepared the beverages they needed in advance to their arrival, made them feel comfortable and safe, bathed them, brought them to dinner, and served the heads of their friends as dessert. It's not the maliciousness of it, it's the preparation and work it requires, you don't do that just to piss a mere stranger that just happens to pass by.

renmei

Post by renmei »

shelmaliar wrote:and dinner is ruined. ..
It's probably the only dinner in all of time and space that ended poorly due to the arrival of Simon and Garfunkel.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

(╯°^°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Go, Suki! Let the bodies hit the floor. :x \M/
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

What flo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o....

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

renmei wrote:
shelmaliar wrote:and dinner is ruined. ..
It's probably the only dinner in all of time and space that ended poorly due to the arrival of Simon and Garfunkel.
It's a shame we don't have any filkers here - I'm sure someone with sufficient lyrical skill could produce an appropriate filk from Mrs. Robinson...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Ughhh, and I thought Klingon food was bad…
:((

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

[quote="

Also, the gorgons are jerks...what is it with them? Why being nice with them, invite them to dinner, and then torture them serving their friends' heads as desserts? This is the past (Bianca is alive) so the gorgons still haven't any grudge against the group...why do they make such an effort to hurt them? :-\ :-?[/quote]

I think you answered your own question. They're jerks. Some people don't need reasons...

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Tako wrote:This goes beyond being a mere asshole, even beyond being a murderous asshole. They predicted their arrival with the help of seers, prepared the beverages they needed in advance to their arrival, made them feel comfortable and safe, bathed them, brought them to dinner, and served the heads of their friends as dessert. It's not the maliciousness of it, it's the preparation and work it requires, you don't do that just to piss a mere stranger that just happens to pass by.
There are variants:
1) They simply didn't care about this part or didn't think there can be problems. "What you don't sometimes fancy talking with your food when in a right mood? Huh. Weird."
2) They simply didn't care at all. The seers reported a dried-up version of whatever they have predicted and high-ups ordered to organize a basic welcome comittee. The rest is lack of communication.
3) The sisters decided it's the single most hilarious joke they could possibly pull without a long preparation.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I feel really special pointing this out, but "dessert" is mispelled as "desert." :)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

While I don't like the 'dead doll-eyes'-look so much... I find my (relative) respect for Suki rekindled.

I did say before that she was the only cheervamp I liked because she was the only one of them who is true to her nature; she may be thicker than a brick sandwich, but she is a predator.

A true predator kills for food, when it needs food. It does not torment its prey unnecessarily, it does not kill if it can get its food an easier way.
Predators can do terrible things, but it is always to eat, to survive.
This banquet was not about survival, it is about decadence; there is clearly plenty of food to go around, and yet the imperials choose to murder fellow sentient beings for the sake of a flavour sensation. Suki's exclamation of "Monsters!" is very appropriate -- and ironic, of course, given the nature of vampires.

I wonder to what extent Suki thought her attack through; her first attack has effectively neutralized the gorgons, who were the greatest visible threat... Might Suki have a bit of a learning curve, after all?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

As for the gorgons doing this - it's what they do. In this setting, anyway.
The gorgons on the Earth Prime of VC / PMS enslaved and indoctrinated humans to serve as bait for monsters so they could eat them alive. They planned dinner parties around torturing and devouring monsters. Odds are good they chowed down on humans when monster meat wasn't available.
I have no idea what kind of creature the empress is (a third gorgon of a different type?), but she seems to be down with it.

Basically, the three travellers were lured into a false sense of security and now reality (and the table) have come crashing down.