12-05-17 [VC] Lorna Thurston

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Error of Logic

Re: 12-05-17 [VC] Lorna Thurston

Post by Error of Logic »

She didn't crack under the torture. As soon as she got a chance to get out, she didn't run -- she went straight for the kill.

Dai

Post by Dai »

Going straight for the kill doesn't require a genuine warrior spirit, any person hellbent on revenge is capable of that. And she did crack under the torture, didn't you see how she begged the servant girl to help her escape? Lori may have regained her composure before her final torture scene, but it was more because of her arrogance rather than some genuine warrior spirit.

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

Dai wrote:Going straight for the kill doesn't require a genuine warrior spirit, any person hellbent on revenge is capable of that. And she did crack under the torture, didn't you see how she begged the servant girl to help her escape? Lori may have regained her composure before her final torture scene, but it was more because of her arrogance rather than some genuine warrior spirit.
Arrogance and i think desperate fear at being on the edge of finealy being cooked and eaten.

Dai

Post by Dai »

Exactly. All we saw in those scenes from her are arrogance, desperation, and killing intent. And none of those equate to having a warrior's spirit at all.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Error of Logic wrote:She didn't crack under the torture. As soon as she got a chance to get out, she didn't run -- she went straight for the kill.

Yup, worlds worst boss fight, never even looked like losing, or even being slightly hassled.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Dai wrote:Going straight for the kill doesn't require a genuine warrior spirit, any person hellbent on revenge is capable of that. And she did crack under the torture, didn't you see how she begged the servant girl to help her escape? Lori may have regained her composure before her final torture scene, but it was more because of her arrogance rather than some genuine warrior spirit.
I wouldn't say that's 'cracking.' You have to use every trick you can, hit up every exploit, especially when your (immortal) life is on the line. I would say that being able to identify opportunity while under stress is the mark of composure, an important trait (albeit not all that is necessary) for the aforementioned warrior spirit.
"Sometimes [Layla] is a bit discourteous."-David Johnston
"The usual incentive for peace is to not be at war."-Thor
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"Somebody just stake me now" -TJgalon
"I can masturbate without guilt now." -Panchocheesecake
"More Nick-sarcasm is always appreciated. Hail Beret Cat!" -Don Alexander
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc
"Wanted: ...berets on cats..." -The Nick

Dai

Post by Dai »

The Nick wrote:I wouldn't say that's 'cracking.' You have to use every trick you can, hit up every exploit, especially when your (immortal) life is on the line. I would say that being able to identify opportunity while under stress is the mark of composure, an important trait (albeit not all that is necessary) for the aforementioned warrior spirit.
If that's actually the case in that scene, then it only proves that Lori is just a faker and not a warrior. I wouldn't expect anything less from her, given the fact that she's been posing as a human cheerleader all this time on more than one occasion. It astounds me that you guys are really persistent with associating these indirectly related traits to a characteristic that hasn't been properly introduced in the VC series yet.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Dai wrote:It astounds me that you guys are really persistent with associating these indirectly related traits to a characteristic that hasn't been properly introduced in the VC series yet.
I believe things like that happen all the time actually...
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Dai wrote:
The Nick wrote:I wouldn't say that's 'cracking.' You have to use every trick you can, hit up every exploit, especially when your (immortal) life is on the line. I would say that being able to identify opportunity while under stress is the mark of composure, an important trait (albeit not all that is necessary) for the aforementioned warrior spirit.
If that's actually the case in that scene, then it only proves that Lori is just a faker and not a warrior. I wouldn't expect anything less from her, given the fact that she's been posing as a human cheerleader all this time on more than one occasion. It astounds me that you guys are really persistent with associating these indirectly related traits to a characteristic that hasn't been properly introduced in the VC series yet.
Deception is a part of being a warrior.
"that's actually one of thor's lines you've got in your signature there, not one of mine." -J (usually more invisible)
"...get that girl's panties off of her as soon as possible, and then see what effect that has on her personality." -kitsune9tails (out of context)
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc

Dai

Post by Dai »

The Nick wrote: Deception is a part of being a warrior.
So? Deception is also a part of being a killer. And a cheater. And even a scoundrel. And that's exactly what the Vampire Cheerleaders are and nothing more.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Dai wrote:
So? Deception is also a part of being a killer. And a cheater. And even a scoundrel. And that's exactly what the Vampire Cheerleaders are and nothing more.
Those aren't mutally exclusive. But really, those are meanless words on the field of battle. There is only "alive" and "dead". It matters not how one stays in the former, and forces their foe into the latter.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Dai

Post by Dai »

Hyper Magi wrote:Those aren't mutally exclusive.
So? Deception combined with killing intent doesn't automatically make anyone a warrior. And the possibilities due to the fact that they're not mutually exclusive isn't enough proof ether.

Hyper Magi wrote:But really, those are meanless words on the field of battle. There is only "alive" and "dead".
Again, that is no battle at all. That isn't even a fight. And the circumstances where someone shall remain "alive" while another shall be "dead" isn't exclusive to a warrior's battle only. In fact, those circumstances can occur even without the involvement of individuals with the characteristics of a warrior.

Hyper Magi wrote:It matters not how one stays in the former, and forces their foe into the latter.
That is indeed true, and yet some of you guys are still persistent with associating these indirectly related traits to a characteristic that hasn't been properly introduced to any of the characters in the VC series yet. Seriously, just let it be properly introduced in the crossover once and for all.

The Nick
<3 <3 Most Loved <3 <3

Post by The Nick »

Dai wrote:
Technically speaking, it's hard to define the cheerleaders as 'cheaters' or 'scoundrels' and, truth be told, there's no evidence of any of them being killers as far as I remember. They're just careless vampires and not even particularly evil ones at that. The worst sins it looks like any of them are committing is being the 'mean girl in high school'. While I wouldn't prop them up as religious role models or anything, I'm going to come out and say I've had more evil neighbors before.
other people wrote:'stuff'
I find myself agreeing with Hyper Magi's words here. Just because there's a conflict doesn't mean all morality goes out the window.

There's a difference between an officially and properly sanctioned war between armies and one army going around slaughtering civilians. And in this case, there's a difference between high-schoolers who happen to have a special diet and murderers.
"special flowers" -Thor
"Doggy style." -Milnoc

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Their main problem is that you can swap them around and not really make any difference.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Oooh... she's hot, I want her now.^_^
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!