Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: [VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Ravenhull wrote:Are the 'Lions' cheerleaders gonna be at the competition next volume?
Nope! (They might make a cameo, though.)

Fionn the Otaku

Re: [VAMPIRE CHEERLEADERS] "FANG SERVICE"

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

Chaotik74 wrote:enter the would-be vampire slayer.

sadly, it's pretty much a given he's going to be ineffectual....a shame, really.
Agreed, but hopefully he'll be serious about his new anti-vampire position and stop being friends with Heather, as long as heather continues being a Vampire that is. I also hope his Anti-Vampire cheerleader attack inclued switching there spf 1000 sunscreen with the normal kind, spreading nasty rumors about them online, replaceing the blood they drink at school with Red soda and cool aid or putting Garlic juice in it, snipper attack with squirt guns that have holy water or water mixed with garlic juice/ground up garlic.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: Vampire Cheerleaders Talk

Post by Ravenhull »

Something tells me you aren't a fan of the girls... :-?
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Fionn the Otaku

Ravenhull wrote:Something tells me you aren't a fan of the girls... :-?
There interesting and Sexy but until there is a Hero antagonist or three to challenge them they make better secondary characters. I don't like it when there isn't a hero able to effectively oppose the Villain or Villains. I'm also bothered by who easily Heather (who was described as a good person or a good girl and is now said to have beens a goodie two shoes) is taking the whole Feeding on People directly thing, especaily since one of the people she drained was her love interest.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Fionn the Otaku wrote:
There interesting and Sexy but until there is a Hero antagonist or three to challenge them they make better secondary characters. I don't like it when there isn't a hero able to effectively oppose the Villain or Villains. I'm also bothered by who easily Heather (who was described as a good person or a good girl and is now said to have beens a goodie two shoes) is taking the whole Feeding on People directly thing, especaily since one of the people she drained was her love interest.
That's the thing, though... the Vampire Cheerleaders aren't villains in much the same way that the vampires in True Blood aren't either. Yes, there are bad vampires, but there are different shades of gray at work here.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

A lot of it is giving teens a large amount of power, and they are still acting immature. Yeah, Lori might be over 60 years old, but she seems to have managed to stay a teen in her maturity. Maybe events in the next storyline(s) will shock some maturity into them, or maybe not. Character growth can be a good thing, even if it's tramatic to the ones growing.

Also, there were hints that Heather's home life wasn't the most outgoing, and as such when given the ability to break the bonds...

Fionn the Otaku

Adam Arnold wrote:
Fionn the Otaku wrote:
There interesting and Sexy but until there is a Hero antagonist or three to challenge them they make better secondary characters. I don't like it when there isn't a hero able to effectively oppose the Villain or Villains. I'm also bothered by how easily Heather (who was described as a good person or a good girl and is now said to have been a goodie two shoes) is taking the whole Feeding on People directly thing, especialy since one of the people she drained was her love interest.
That's the thing, though... the Vampire Cheerleaders aren't villains in much the same way that the vampires in True Blood aren't either. Yes, there are bad vampires, but there are different shades of gray at work here.
True, the Vampire Cheerleaders are more High school level VIllians, but Heather at least has the potential to be more of a Buffy villain since she has enslaved her parents and came close to draining them dry (She still might if no one is around to stop her next time) then drained the boy she likes along with the rest her school's football team. Also Lori just put the bite on Leonard rahter than pulling off his glasses and charming him.
But in the end there still villains and Vampires who turned a nice girl to the dark side.
Ravenhull wrote:A lot of it is giving teens a large amount of power, and they are still acting immature. Yeah, Lori might be over 60 years old, but she seems to have managed to stay a teen in her maturity. Maybe events in the next storyline(s) will shock some maturity into them, or maybe not. Character growth can be a good thing, even if it's tramatic to the ones growing.

Also, there were hints that Heather's home life wasn't the most outgoing, and as such when given the ability to break the bonds...
I think it's likely Heather has likely receved a shock and will get some more similer shocks that are likely to make her rethink her most recent choices, but I think the others are too set in there immature ways (especialy Lori) to change much.
Last edited by Fionn the Otaku on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Just logged on to say I am enjoying Vampire Cheerleaders ( I followed a link from School Bites and discovered this, PMS, MC and Eerie Cuties all at the same time), but after having read the story so far I am finding the cheerleaders themselves a bit one-dimensional. I know it's only Book One and you there are other books planned but the group dynamic just seems to be bad girl, bad girl, bad girl, new girl - oh ! now she's bad, ect ect. They need a good protagonist, or basically just to get their asses kicked by something nastier once in a while. I mean, who doesn't want to hit punch Lori after reading a few frames with her in them ?

From casually talking about killing boyfriends to essentially gang (i wont use the word 'rape' but the similarity is there) fanging Heather against her will, the group of bad girls that get their way all the time with no consequences is getting a bit dull (for me). I did like the vampire with braces right at the start, that was a good touch - was she going to kill him of was it going to me a 'feed and make him forget' job as she seemed to be enjoying herself beforehand ?

I know it's only my first post and I thought long and hard about what I was going to put down here, it's also possible I have missed some details as I am not used to the backwards way of reading and find it very , VERY awkward, so I apologise for that.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Hurbster wrote:I did like the vampire with braces right at the start, that was a good touch - was she going to kill him of was it going to me a 'feed and make him forget' job as she seemed to be enjoying herself beforehand ?
Feed and forget. That's the rules.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Good to know, I'll read it again a couple of times so I get all the nuances I missed 'cos my brain ain't on backwards today ;)

karishi

Post by karishi »

Hasn't Leonard just won? I mean, he's trying to expose them and one of them just jumped him, bit his neck and then spit up blood in a stadium full of people.
If nobody in the whole stadium was paying attention to that, Leonard's new name is officially Dib.
It's doubtful that "Operation Booty Call" will be effective. The name suggests it'll get footballers to whomp him for them, and both football teams are...not in top form, let's say.
Best thing the gals could have done was ignore him for now and deal with him later. But then, vampire stories are full of moments of fatal pride, weakness, or idiocy.

Another option is to "glamor" Leonard with Suki's method (see http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... pire_101_h), which I'll bet his shades don't defend him from.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Adam mentioned on the FB page (there are links to the various FB pages under the various comics) that the game was so bad that most of the people have left by the time halftime started. Plus, the girls were lounging against the wall at the edge of the field, out of view of the stands above them and across the field from the opposite side. As for Booty Call, well having read the full volume, it don't involve the football players... and that's all I'm saying about that. :ymdevil:

Thought about something else. Given that the school mascot are 'the Bats', the girls probably should have played up that they were acting like 'Vampire Cheerleaders' with the hint that its just an act on their part to go with the mascot. Would let them do some minor things without drawing undo attention. In that case, Lori jumping Leonard could have been brushed off as them putting on a show.

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Dude's an idiot though, just waiting for their next attack ? Personally I'd be belting for the nearest exit or doing something at least.

Fionn the Otaku

Hurbster wrote:Dude's an idiot though, just waiting for their next attack ? Personally I'd be belting for the nearest exit or doing something at least.
Agreed, although i'd do it after setting of some fire works in front to the Cheer Vamps to distract them.

Ricky

Post by Ricky »

Leonard is a awesome guy,and no exactly by right causes! :p Wanting face five vampiress alone! :YMBRINGITON: What he had on his mind? :-? That he was a Buffy´s male version?That was a young and Caucasian Blade´s version?He´s so pretentious that become funny! :)) Well,at last the VC shown to him that them aren´t monsters:all are good girls.Quite good,really... :ymblushing:
P.S:What happens with my avatar? :-o The image is gone,and I cannot do the pic´s upload again! :-\