Menage a 3 - Vol 1 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Anjin

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 1 : Discussion

Post by Anjin »

Just came it today and it's beautiful. Thanks Giz & Dave!

electricv01

Post by electricv01 »

I ordered mine on May 15th and I haven't got it yet... Should I be worried? :(
I hope it comes soon, but I won't know if it does because I'll be away all week starting tomorrow.
"I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from..." - Spike Spiegel
http://electricvinyl.deviantart.com

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Send Giz an email with the details you ordered with, hopefully she'll be able to track it down for you.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Ma3: V.1 received and read. Again. And the pin-ups were quite delightful. :-bd Miss Gisele, Dave, thank you both very much. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

You're very welcome, and thank YOU for the support! :)

electricv01

Post by electricv01 »

Yay! Mine came while I was away at Comic Con! I'll gonna read it first thing tomorrow! =D
"I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from..." - Spike Spiegel
http://electricvinyl.deviantart.com

Ithilion

Post by Ithilion »

mine is still not here... i wonder what happened
Cave Elder: Keeper of the Garden, Zen Master of Shadows

Member of the Dream Team

You are suffering from delusions of adequacy.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Wow. Have you notified and talked with Giz about it? (she'll know once she sees this, but still)

Oh,and happy birthday. :ymparty:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Yes, email me for sure. I had made a notice on the homepage a while back that if people hadn't received it yet, to contact me. So contact me!! ;)

MegaHentai

Post by MegaHentai »

BPRMedia.com has finally gotten their main site up and running. They asked me to write some reviews -- so I did.
"This is a time of growth for those who know,
And it's a time of hope for those that don't,
But if your mind is open, you'll get shown."
- Sweatshop Union, "The Thing About It"

Avistew

Post by Avistew »

I was wondering if you might consider releasing an ebook version.

The manga format works reall well with ebook readers, and being able to buy online and get it automatically without shipping would be nice. And of course, there is the fact that you'd be able to reduce the price as there would be no printing or shipping costs.
The whole making process however would probably take a long time, especially if you want to create files for every type of book reader (although there might be way to just convert them). That's why I'm just pitching the idea, wondering if you've thought about it. To other people here, would you be interested in getting it? Obviously that much work would be too much if nobody wants to get it. On the other hand, if they do want to get it, then you can have unlimited supplies.

If you're worried about people sharing the book illegally, you can go to the main websites, and they can usually convert your book into their protected formats. At least I know Sony can.
There is a program called Calibre that can convert cbr and cbz archives into epub and lrf, too (and can optimise the lrf for the Sony Readers, at least the 6-inch ones).

Anyway, I was just wondering about that since I was thinking of making my own out of the strips that are online (would I be allowed to do that by the way? I can keep it for personal use if you ask me to) and I just realised you could actually sell these (with the bonus stuff from the book and such in them).

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

We are looking into digital distribution. Like you said, a format for each reader is a bit of a pain. We know there's a new thing called LongBox that's comin' that might be cross platform. In any case, the iphone/android and the kindle/sony reader will probably happen sometime in the new year.

In regards to saving the comics that are online, for personal use it's fine. You can't however sell or distribute them.

Avistew

Post by Avistew »

Ok, thanks :) That's good news.

leftover

Post by leftover »

I just got mine in the mail today! Unfortunately it came out of envelope with a crease on the backcover. It wasn't folded over inside the envelope, and the envelope package itself wasn't creased, so I dunno what happened. It's cool though, because I bet I'll eventually read it so much I'd mess it up sooner or later.

I read the whole volume in a single sitting and was laughing out loud all over again. The extra story was hilarious, I like the "emo" hair look on Gary.
Can't wait for volume 2!
Attachments
the offending crease, kinda hard to see in the picture. It runs through Didi all the way down
the offending crease, kinda hard to see in the picture. It runs through Didi all the way down
lala.jpg (41.76 KiB) Viewed 22685 times

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

leftover wrote:I just got mine in the mail today! Unfortunately it came out of envelope with a crease on the backcover. It wasn't folded over inside the envelope, and the envelope package itself wasn't creased, so I dunno what happened. It's cool though, because I bet I'll eventually read it so much I'd mess it up sooner or later.

I read the whole volume in a single sitting and was laughing out loud all over again. The extra story was hilarious, I like the "emo" hair look on Gary.
Can't wait for volume 2!
Maybe it was a defective book. We try to check them all, but it's possible that one slipped in. I'll gladly send you another free of charge. Just email me your info. :)