Weird scenario's thread.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: Weird scenario's thread.

Post by Tenjen »

Easy way to figure it out. Get an apple. Put three skewers through it to represent the traditional three axes or dimensions. Now stick another skewer through it along an angle different to the other three. There's your fourth dimension. Now stick another skewer through it at yet another angle. There's your fifth dimension. It's that easy.
true true. But not what iam aiming to convey.

I rather mean experiencing a 4th dimension as we do our current 3 dimensional existance. and what, on a universal scale, would these 4th dimensions be.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

cheesebunny

Post by cheesebunny »

it is a very interestin argument it has to be said
Ive always personally called time the 4th dimension quite simply because thats what Ive always done, but I guess it could be like dark matter or energy axes or somthing
my ((pinched)) hobby, posting:
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
in public places.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The 4th dimension is time... everyone knows that. The first three are height, width and depth, hence when our world is 3 dimensional, yet the 4th dimension is time, without which we'd all just be frozen statues in the nothingness.

cheesebunny

Post by cheesebunny »

ah but surly all thing exist in time, otherwise it would not constantly be there, even non-moving entitys.
in public places.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hence why time is the 4th dimension... without any of the other 3, we would also cease to exist as we are currently aware.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

either that or transform. "adapt" so to speak. Some argue we may not cease to exist.

most likely theres no limit to the dimensions that exist/ can exist.

I wonder how far, we as a race, will comprehend our world, and especially this issue, before we snuff out.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

cheesebunny

Post by cheesebunny »

within 200 years, I dont think the human race will survive the next world war very well
in public places.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Considering we've already worked out how to to genetically engineer ourselves to remove disease... The first baby to be designed without the breast cancer gene was born this week... and also considering that they recon by 2050 we'll have a fully functional positronic brain ala Star Treks Data... I'd say it pretty likely that we'll survive and prosper very well for a good long while to come in one state or another.

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Bear wrote:Considering we've already worked out how to to genetically engineer ourselves to remove disease... The first baby to be designed without the breast cancer gene was born this week... and also considering that they recon by 2050 we'll have a fully functional positronic brain ala Star Treks Data... I'd say it pretty likely that we'll survive and prosper very well for a good long while to come in one state or another.
Yeah, the news was a bit sensational about that. But the baby wasn't really engineered or designed. Selecting and implanting embryos has been going on for years. All they did this time was test each embryo first for one faulty gene, and implant two that didn't have that fault. No engineering was done on those two embryos.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

The fact still remains though that we are at the level of technology where we can not only identify genes that cause things, but select from something that is nothing but a tiny bunch of cells, the ones without it and still have that child grow to full term with no defects...

Scaramouche

Post by Scaramouche »

Yeah. Kinda silly how people whine "Oh noes! We iz playing GAWDZ!". Screw that. It's excellent. We need to wipe out all those nasty defects. Better, stronger, smarter, faster.
Moving on to new lurking grounds. Have fun, folks.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I for one am waiting for the genetic modification that makes junk food healthy... ohh, and the superpowers. :ymdevil:

karpeth
BANNED

Post by karpeth »

Bear wrote:Hence why time is the 4th dimension... without any of the other 3, we would also cease to exist as we are currently aware.
Acctually, the physicists I know, they all say that time is to be counted on a different scale, and is annoying to count as a dimention, as it only has one direction, forward.
*divides 1 with 0*
First ever member to be banned. Something to be proud of? no.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Well, the direction of time in Aboriginal cultures is constructed as a loop.

But generally, I agree, once a thing happens in time, it cannot unhappen.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

a lot of people argue whats the point of trying to learn more about physics [in terms of quant mech and such]

I just feel sad for them really.

physics is the reason we can build stuff like the Burj and fly around the planet like its no ones business.

has a black hole eaten the planet yet?

say, how are those guys doing with their machine?
ImageImageImage