Christmas Stuff!

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Re: Christmas Stuff!

Post by midgetshrimp »

LadySheDevil wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:
LadySheDevil wrote:Redonkulously orgasmic.
Oh my god. You say redonkulous too. That's like totally redonkulous!
Partners in redonkulousness! :D
Redonkulousity reigns!
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Swayambhu
Booby Bunny

Post by Swayambhu »

Reminds me of how the pigeons in "Bolt" said redonkulous, lol.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Okay.. back on subject again please!

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:Okay.. back on subject again please!
Uh... Christmas is redonkulous! I've got redonkulous hopes of getting some redonkulous presents. Ok. I'm done.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

midgetshrimp wrote:
Uh... Christmas is redonkulous! I've got redonkulous hopes of getting some redonkulous presents. Ok. I'm done.
Okay.. no Bear-Mas Baileys cake for you... /:)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Bear wrote:
midgetshrimp wrote:
Okay.. no Bear-Mas Baileys cake for you... /:)
I'll be getting rum cake anyway, so I'm all set.

LadySheDevil
Tittycakes

Post by LadySheDevil »

*pets MS* You tried, hun...

But it WAS pretty redonkulous... *hides* O.O

Oooh, that reminds me though... Rum balls... For lunch! :))
Vanishing Elder of the Noms; She who Plays With Madness; One Among the Fence; Tittycake Mistress.

~* \m/ Music is Love. \:D/ *~ ~* :-B Gaming too! :-B *~

Winner: Wet T-Shirt Contest, Ladies Division June '10

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Guess I might actually answer this one and spoil everyone's fun a little. after poo-poo face's hyperenthusiastic joygasm, I need to balance the scales a bit...

What are your favorite Christmas movies? Gremlins.

Your least favorite? No idea. Haven't seen any of the new christmas movies in years...

What are your favorite Christmas songs? I guess that would be Savatage's "Sarajevo 12-25", if that can be called a Christmas song...

Your least favorite? No idea either. I'm rarely exposed to stuff I don't like.

Do you send Christmas cards out every year? No.

Anybody here who's a bit of a Grinch, or a Scrooge, when it comes to the holidays? Me. Mind, I used to love Christmas as a kid! The presents, the food, the presents, the tree and decorating it, the presents, finding where my parents had hidden the presents, the presents... But when i became a teen, our Christmas traditions died out. I'm a single child with basically no living relatives in the country, so it was allways a three-person christmas, not some big family get-together. Like my other friends have. And Germans are usually very traditionalistic and isolationist when it comes to Christmas. So the holiday for me has become the time when I sit around at home and am bored, while everyone else is having fun and I'm not even allowed to call them... :(

The one thing I still like is the food, since years, it has become traditional to have potato pancakes on Christmas Eve (which I mostly make myself) and Lasagna on Christmas.

Do you decorate, or like to decorate for Christmas? Not anymore.

Do you like going out and looking at other peoples' Christmas decorations and Christmas lights? No.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Don Alexander wrote:The one thing I still like is the food, since years, it has become traditional to have potato pancakes on Christmas Eve (which I mostly make myself) and Lasagna on Christmas.
We didn't have a Christmas dinner last year. I was so pissed. I love glazed spiral ham and homemade applesauce. We had a big breakfast, but it just doesn't match up. So pissed.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Christmas is turning into a massive family shitfight this year.

My mum isn't really talking to either my sister or by brother, so she wants to do something with my boy and I. I would like to see my whole family (especially in light of the shite that's happening with my sister) and play games with my sibling's children.

When I was young, it was just my sister, my mum and I, and that was it. I used to have fun. I didn't get any presents until I was about 8 (My sister would steal them) but I had fun anyway. My sister would always ask for a horse, so every christmas we'd run out to the letterbox to see if there was a horse tied to it.

Every single special occasion my mother manages to have some kind of argument with someone. It's only been me once, and it was because she wouldn't leave me the hell alone while I was trying to cook...she'd come in and say "are you SURE it's meant to be done like that?" "I'm not sure the pepper will really be good there" "are you sure you know what you're doing?" So I told her to get the fuck out of the kitchen before I went home. She was a bit huffy, and whinged to my siblings, but they sided with me on it so she shut up after that and actually had a good time.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas this year...it looks to be complicated and messy, and the family politics are enough to make me want to go on holidays alone.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

thaldin

Post by thaldin »

And that, Asaryu, is why I moved out of state.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

:ymhug: Asaryu.

This is why next year we need to organise a forum christmas party in a country somewhere... :D

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Asaryu wrote:Christmas is turning into a massive family shitfight this year... I'm not looking forward to Christmas this year...it looks to be complicated and messy, and the family politics are enough to make me want to go on holidays alone.
Do you like to bake? When I enjoyed Christmas most, it was when we had the tradition of baking tons of different types of cookies, boxing them all Christmas-y, and giving them to family and friends. Ginger snaps, carmalita bars, jelly rolls, chocolate chip, double fudge with caramel filling, peanut butter cookies with a Hershey's kiss pressed into the middle, sugar cookies... you get the idea. Get some recipes and make a few batches with some family, the kids can box them up, and you can give them to whoever is important to you all. I miss that tradition. It was fun, rewarding, and delicious. :D

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I like to bake, but my boyfriend is the one who does the cookies...

we stil have green cookie dough in the freezer from last year.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Asaryu wrote:I like to bake, but my boyfriend is the one who does the cookies...

we stil have green cookie dough in the freezer from last year.
It's supposed to be green... right?