Future of the Forum.

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Eight

Re: Future of the Forum.

Post by Eight »

Bear wrote:'Dear Santa, I have been a bad person this year because....'
....I have violated every forum member here, and stolen their money. :ymdevil:

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I keep nearly killing threads with nothing useful to add, I start threads with absolutely nothing useful to add and have some evil afoot plans.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Arantor wrote:
I keep nearly killing threads with nothing useful to add, I start threads with absolutely nothing useful to add and have some evil afoot plans.
Hey, D&E! Arantor's feet are making a bid for your username! :))
Further affiant sayeth not.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well I think that thanks to Pneu we have the pre-christmas forum contest sorted. :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Bear wrote:Well I think that thanks to Pneu we have the pre-christmas forum contest sorted. :D
We get to be evil??? SQEEEE!!!! EVIL!! *jumps around pulling legs off spiders* :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Uh, Don...that would not be considered evil from some points of view. For an arachnophobic you would be an O:-) if you did that =)) (just kidding, don't want to offend our spider-lover forumites)
Actually, in real life, I would not do that. Except for mosquitoes and horse flies, which I ruthlessly exterminate (anything that wants my blood deserves to die), I'm very kind to animals and would put spiders outside even if my T2B would like to sqush them. ;)

Noooo... My true evil is of a much vaster scale. :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I haven't revealed my evil plans yet, except to two people.

Wait and see, they may come to nothing, or they may come to complete fruition. :ymdevil:

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Don Alexander wrote:Except for mosquitoes and horse flies, which I ruthlessly exterminate (anything that wants my blood deserves to die),
You know, there may be some forumites who take offense at that. (We need a vampire smiley.)
Further affiant sayeth not.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:
Don Alexander wrote: Actually, in real life, I would not do that. Except for mosquitoes and horse flies, which I ruthlessly exterminate (anything that wants my blood deserves to die), I'm very kind to animals and would put spiders outside even if my T2B would like to sqush them. ;)
As long as the spider is no longer near me, I don't care whether it is happy and alive outside or squashed inside =))

And I totally hate mosquitoes. They seem to love my blood (must be the chocolate I guess :)) ). Now summer is coming and the damned mosquitoes are here and I'm their favourite food :-s .
Good morning! Here's your ~o) ;;)

Back in 1995, I toured Scandinavia with my best friend. We stayed at a place in the mountains called Storlien, at the Swedish-Norwegian border. They had swamps there and a gazillion mosquitoes. Since it was summer and quite warm, we openend the window - it had a mosquito net, so what?

At 4 in the morning, it was already light outside, I woke up to a "Sssssssssssssss" sound. Looked around... Well, the mosquito net had a hole. And now we had like 50 of them in the room. And they had feasted. We started splattering them against the walls, and it was... bloody...

We left that place quickly. We felt bad, because the proprietor, who even spoke German, drove us several kilometers to the train station. and we left one of his rooms a bloddy mess... :(

So, if there are any vampires on the forum... :ymbringiton:
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Hey.. no squishing spiders... its unlucky. *nods sagely*

And either I've got some work to do when bored now, or we'll have to find a gif artist... *ponder*

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Teacher2B wrote:Good morning! Now you are T2B coffee provider =))
Well, just trying to do my best to decrease the early morning grumble level. ;) :ymhug:
Teacher2B wrote:Agh! Hate mosquitoes! I live quite near the coast (10 blocks, more or less). There's not a good sewage system, so many times water gets stuck and lots of mosquitoes appear (even in winter sometimes, yuck!).
I have a small pond right behind my appartement. We had lots of mosquitoes years ago, but much less now. I don't know why, but man, am I happy about it.
ImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

And back to suggesting things you'd like to see done with the forum please :)

Arantor

Post by Arantor »

I'd personally like to see the blue change to a colour slightly more in keeping with Ma3, although I wouldn't make it all red.

I can't think of much else you can do with it - it's a forum. It allows us to interact, but that's about all you can do with a forum, IMO.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Well so far because of phpBB's weird colour coding system most of the alternative we've tried so far having looked too good. We're still trying though so when we find something we like, we'll use it possibly.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

There seems to be a bit of trouble with some of the general discussions getting quite...graphic.

Perhaps, a THIRD (*woman in the front row swoons and faints*) forum where these threads can be moved, so as to protect young and impressionable minds. I mean, the comic goes into some pretty graphic stuff, and it would be naive to think that a discussion of this would remain "16+" without getting into the nitty gritty of personal experience. So a third space where these things can be discussed without the threat of the ban-hammer would be a responsible thing, in my books. A little warning, "be warned all ye who enter here, the thread yer about to read be salacious in th' extreme" and you should be covered.

Also, on an aesthetic note...I like the little forum icons that let us know when a post is new and such, but little MA3 character heads would be cute too. (like a little Gary with a nose-bleed for a hot-topic with new posts) I haven't thought out the logistics of it, but it would certainly be one way of customising the forum.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.