Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Webcomics.

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

I just back into KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS after years and my god man. This comic still has NO CHILL. its still 100% batshit crazy eldritch full steam ahead shenanigans all the way.

Also i tried its angel name generator http://www.generatorland.com/usergenera ... x?id=11447

i got 50 Shining Anvil Enlightens the Slothful on my first try. Which i really like for some reason.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Today's Dumbing of Age. I just want to yell NO ETHAN, YOU FOOL. DON'T DO IT.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Eh. They went down that road in Shortpacked. At the very least, and if I recall correctly, it got Ethan comfortable enough with his sexuality to pursue someone who could make him happy and stopped Amber from pining after him.
I'm not up to date on developments in DoA, but I'm not feeling too panicky. Mike's ever the jerkass, but some of his acts achieve optimal end results.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

I haven't read Shortpacked, I don't think. Or if I did, I didn't enjoy it as much. Today's comic kind of explains things a bit. Maybe. A bit.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

absolutely hilarious
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Nanananananaaananaaaaa Leather Flap!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:03 pm
Nanananananaaananaaaaa Leather Flap!!!
Yesss, the Swedes managed to make Batman funny! A great accomplishment. :)

On another note; something seems to have happened to nodwick.com. I hope they fix it soon... PS238 was headed for another interesting scenario, as was Useswordonmonster. Full frontal nerdity... well. I do like to laugh at the three yahoos' (Lewis, Nelson and Sean) occasional misfortune. ^_^

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Hey guys.

Wasn't sue if I should make a thread or post it here since this is about webcomics.

So I "found" this crowdfund to continue the development of a content management system for webcomic creators. I don't know if any of you here share the hobby, but I do know you all have some form of social media. Even if making your own webcomic doesn't interest you, perhaps you could share the link to the or join the thunderclap?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/50 ... =user_menu

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/684 ... rawlix-cms

It would be really appreciated.

And for those of you that need a little more inspiration than a request, here's what the campaign leader has posted on their blog:

Hello fellow comic book creators.

Many of you if not all of you own or want to create a webcomic. Without knowing how to code a website, or having a friend that does, many of us need to resort to paying a developer to be our webmaster, or use WordPress with the ComicPress plugin. The latter is a good option, but for many of us out there, we tend to create more problems and headaches when trying to configure a WP with ComicPress. There’s a reason why.

WordPress isn’t made to be a website. It’s a blog. Yes, themes can customize and turn WP into an actual, fully-functioning website, even without a blog section. That’s undeniable. However, running a webcomic is not something WordPress was ever meant to do. That takes a whole other layer of coding that tries to force WP to function like a comic book rather than a blog platform.

It’s just not worth the trouble for many of us out there.

And in comes Grawlix.

The Grawlix Content Management System (CMS) is a web platform made to host webcomics. Like WordPress, it’s a CMS that allows its user to organize their media files, create static pages, an archive (for comic book pages), and more. Best of all, the Grawlix CMS is designed to host a webcomic. This is a web platform made for the many webcomic creators out there who can’t or don’t want to learn code. For those of us that just want to focus on our story and our art, the Grawlix CMS is the answer.

And here’s the kicker. Recently, development of the Grawlix CMS was brought to an end. If you visit the website, GetGrawlix.com, you’ll get an image of their mascot, “Bleep the Bat”, holding an “Out of Order” sign. However, a quick web search of “Grawlix CMS” brings up all of the webpages past the homepage. The website is still alive and accessible behind the curtain. People can still download the Grawlix CMS source code and make use of it.

The problem is, the latest version, 1.5, is riddled with bugs and was made around the time the Grawlix CMS team disbanded. But we have a little luck on our side. All of the documents are still live to help newcomers – Please note my contribution to the “Installation” page. I am a user of Grawlix and a large fan. I’m also currently hosting the download of the last working version, 1.2. It isn’t 100-percent perfect, but it has a lot of potential. Plus, new people are downloading Grawlix 1.2 every day.

That brings me to the crowdfund I am hosting. Starting now, a crowdfund to revive the Grawlix CMS will run for 30 days. The goal is to raise $60,000 to hire a new team of developers, tech support, and a little marketing for 3-6 months. Following the crowdfund, a team of back-end and front-end developers will be hired to work out the kinks and build a bridge between Grawlix 1.2 and 1.5. We’ll open beta testing*, feedback forums, etc. to build it out as well as we can with open communication with the community.

The objective of that team will be to get a fully developed and modified Grawlix 2.0 available for use. From there, well, that’s somewhere in the future. Right now, I’m here to spread the word about Grawlix and the crowdfund. Whether or not you can pledge, we have a thunderclap setup. Be sure to check it out and make use of it if you could. That will help raise even more awareness halfway through the crowdfund campaign.

That is all for now. Thank you for your time.

TL; DR

Make and host your own webcomic without needing to learn any code. Need money for web development team. 30 days. Crowdfund.

Sincerely,

-Me

*A crowdfund reward gives early access to the beta testing of new versions
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I can't help but feel that this is all part of Coyote's plan. 0_0
Ysengrin was not born out of the beliefs of humanity ... and now he is merged with Coyote. You are what you eat.
Ysengrin's reality. Coyote's power. And no guardian at the Annan waters...

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Spoilers by the way, we're caught up but some might not have

Also i'm totally flipping my shit over these circumstances!
ImageImageImage