Webcomics.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: Webcomics.

Post by Azrael »

For any with interest, Shouri has another comic she updates occasionally. Now if only Fragile would come back. :ymsigh:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: Webcomics.

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, this thread died a pretty sudden death. :(

I just went through the entirety of it, because I was looking for the name of a certain Finnish post-apocalyptic comic and Google was not helping me at all. I remember 'J' was a big fan of it. Turns out it was Gone With The Blastwave, which is still running! :-o And, as usual, updating a few times per year... Though I think I had looked into it in like half a decade. I reread the entire thing, so hilarious.

Reading this thread brought a lot of things back to memory in a most shocking way. I got a new computer back in early 2017 for my work in Spain and never transferred my bookmarks, so I lost a lot... Now, there's certain webcomics that are, at least in part, still running, where I'm fully aware they exist, I just stopped following them. Dilbert, Userfriendly, Spinerette and of course multiple things that came to an end. I had forgotten the name but also still remembered that very wordy but excellent one, Subnormality.

But way more shocking were comics I once loved which had just completely blanked out of my mind!!! Out There (ok, that ended in 2016), Does Not Play Well With Others, Manly Guys Doing Manly Things... If I ever get around to it, need to re-binge the latter two as they are still alive, it seems. No Pink Ponies, however, has not updated since 2018 and I see no indication on the webpage this was a planned stop... :( More Eisu being Eisu, I guess.

It still feels very weird as those comics were a not insignificant part of my life in the first half of the Tens...

Now, there are things I do still read!

Oglaf - Oh, how could I have ever stopped that one? NEVAR! Though I do miss the old days of longer plots and familiar characters like Igor and Kronar...
Alfie - Still going strong, still incredibly sexy while also featuring a great storyline and great character development. This is basically a 1000+ page graphic novel by now. It will come to a conclusion in the not too distant future.
Cardboard Crack - it seems I never mentioned this comic back in the thread. It's actually one of my absolute favorites, went on sudden hiatus back in 2017 and has recently reappeared! However, it is a Magic: The Gathering comic and you really need to know the game (both lore and game rules and culture) to appreciate it in any way.
Belzebubs A Finnish cartoon about a Black Metal band as well as the crazy but also terribly normal family life of one of the band members. Can be NSFW at times. Has been updating very rarely in recent months. Again, loads of insiders. If you do not know it, Az... ;)

Then there's also comics I have not forgotten but which I do not check out regularly. Maybe a binge read every few months.

PixieTrixComix - Yes, indeed, I'm continuing to follow Giz' work. Art is fantastic as ever, it's still fun, but I miss my man Gary. :P So it hasn't really hooked me.
And some perennial classics such as Scandinavia and the World, xkcd, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal and Unspeakable Vault (of Doom).

Ok, that's all I can think of right now, I've probably forgotten something.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)