The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by Don Alexander »

I was actually reacting to Retiarius' post...

...though my reaction was due to not looking which thread I was posting in. :))

Since yira posted a video, I thought this was the "Pimp your..." thread, then thought for some reason this Ren & Stimpy video was something that had recently gone viral, then thought Ret had suddenly popped up commenting he was waiting for someone to post this viral vid...

This is what I get for reading the forum as a habit. :P

Anyway, congrats, and you must tell me your secret. My translation business is, in a sense, not running at all. :((

But I'm going off topic, so I'll stop. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

This morning I was able to brush my teeth all by myself today. Oh joy!

(Little bit of background: fractured both radial heads (part of the elbow) on Sunday while walking the dog (don't step on the leash while running, kids!). One arm in is in a cast, the other is not quite as movable as I'd like it to be. Thus I have been relying on my wife to feed and wash me and to brush my teeth for the last two days - felt much, much longer. Now, I'm starting to regain the full use of my right arm (though I still have to be careful) and this has made me very happy, indeed!)

Please excuse the exaggerated use of parentheses - German grammar is seeping in my English and I'm to exhausted to care.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

Wow. That sounds fun. You landed on your elbows to protect yourself as you fell?
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Holy, shit, Dude! Get better!! :ymhug:

Good that you have Hasencare!!! :x

I guess that ruined the World Cup final for you, huh? :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Mikbuster, it turns out that you don't have to land on your elbows to break those bones. I frankly don't know how I hurt myself exactly, because everything happened to fast. One moment I was running to get out of a downpour, next moment I flew through the air and landed in a painful tangle.

DA, I was able to enjoy the final due to the tender care of my beloved wife (and some painkillers).

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Your wife sounds like the best person. Here's to hoping you heal swiftly as you can :ymhug:
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

I can confirm she is. ;)
ImageImage

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Judas Priest, Dude. Glad to hear you are mending and in the care of a good woman. :-bd
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

In response to a post of mine in the Sticky Dilly Buns-forum Giz gave me a :ymhug: and Optimus Kate asked me to marry her. My life is complete!

(Despite injury and death in the family - actually not despite but rather even more so with injury and death since this is just what I needed :) )

Nev

Post by Nev »

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

I saw a doctor (nurse practitioner I think) today. Talked about various things in my life and got a prescription to wean off of the anti-depressant I'm on. I just got to thinking a bit ago that I probably came off as a bit of a hypochondriac, but I think she's awesome. Very minimal pressure to stay on drugs, and not being pushy and well as listening and caring about my problems even though most of them she probably doesn't understand. I also like the whole "if you think you need drugs again or need to see me call any time and you don't have to wait four months". Now those weren't her exact words, but one of the things that impresses me about doctors or therapists is when they show they care. The therapist I was seeing did that by calling the next couple of days after a particularly painful session where I talked about what was my most painful memory. The doc today did that simply by listening and taking into account the various things I was saying into her recommendations as well as wanting me to have someone around that can watch me and push me back to therapy or drugs if I start to slide too far into depression again.
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

So happy for you! :ymhug: :ymhug: I know what you're talking about. It was that way with the last therapist I had and the NP that saw me for my physicals and stuff was brilliant about taking my disabilities into consideration and actually talking about what was going on instead of just prescribing stuff. I always felt good after visits. I hope I can find that again.
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

So, this story is a week old already but I've got some time so I thought I'd post it.

There's a single supermarket in town which actually - *gasp* - is open until midnight. I was recently told this has been that way for several years, but I just found out some weeks ago. Anyway, i was home, it was like 11 in the evening, and I thought nothing was open. Then I remembered this supermarket and set out to get so pizza.

I was standing in line at the single open cash register when the guy in front of me was paying. It seems what he bought cost XX,X1 Euros, and he only had some bills. The cashier asked him if he had a single cent piece, and he said no. I looked in my billfold and found one, and gave it to the man. :) He was happy, got less cumbersome change back, I was happy because I had been able to do a tiny gesture of goodwill.

Then it was my turn, and it turned out what I bought also summed up to a total with a single cent at the end! I paid with a ten Euro bill, and joked: "Well, I don't have a cent anymore now!" and the guy behind me triumphantly states: "BUT I DO!" and hands ME a single cent piece! :)) I laughed out loud: "So, is this just going to continue down the line, or what?"

But it didn't, he only had a single item ending in the typical ,99 price...

Such a tiny thing, but totally heartwarming. :-bd
ImageImage

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Tycho and I are alone! \o/ It won't last long but whoo! \:d/

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »