The Cranky Couch.

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Re: The Cranky Couch.

Post by Fen »

There are mormons outside the US?=/.
Definitely no mormons in Romania. Not that many JWs either.

No, it's a branch of Christianity defined by the fact that they're past sinners. So, after 15-30-50 years of being sinners they turn back to Jesus to repent. We call them repenters:P. I'm very bad with religion and its branches, unfortunately >.<

Oh, and I had the loveliest time once when I was hitchhiking and a thoroughly devoted Christian guy picked me up. He started talking about God and then a storm started, with hale. It was such a strong storm that he couldn't see in front and the hale actually cracked his windshield,all this while he was preaching "SEE? God is giving us a sign right now. it is God's will that you are now in my car so i can show you the way and this storm is proof of it"

oh, and to be ontopic.
It really pisses me off, the way this apartment is placed. I always feel like I'm being watched and am paranoid about people coming into the house(i always double check to make sure the door is locked but I still have occasional nightmares about people coming in). Granted, I'm more paranoid than your average bear, but I actually have a reason to be >.<
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Born-Again Christians. The worse kind.

also born-again former drinkers

born-again former smokers.......
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

Ah yes, that's the term!
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm not paranoid.... *Stares at.* Are you looking at my bacon?

But yes, theres Mormons outside of the US. We have them in the UK, though we ignore them.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: to Java.

Never ever had JW's. Actually, the only experience I ever had even slightly resembling this was when I was in Missouri in 2006. Two snazzily dressed young men approached me on the street at night and kind of indicated they wanted to talk about relegion. I very politely told them I was disinterested, and we continued chatting in a friendly way (after I had identified myself as German) about why I was there and so.

When it comes to playing pranks on people, I am an utter fail IRL. I can't even scream at telemarketers who wake me. #-o

A good friend of mine once got them at the door, though. He's one of my hardcore roleplayers, and very well versed in the background of my system, DSA. He commenced, for 30 fucking minutes, to tell them about the Pantheon of the Twelve which he worshipped... Pretending to be totally serious the whole time. =)) =)) =)) =))

And born-agains... Ughhhh. Now, my mom's sis and her husband are evangelical creationists... 8-| 8-| 8-| But a cousin of mine (daughter of the sis of my mom's mom, so she is also in her sixties) got born-again after her son died young (gay, alcoholic, reckless, AIDS). And once over the phone tried to convince me that I should let Jesus into my life... =; :ymbringiton:

@TakerFoxx vis Platypus at her boss's comp: Install Torrent and DL smut?? :-?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

Don Alexander wrote:
When it comes to playing pranks on people, I am an utter fail IRL. I can't even scream at telemarketers who wake me. #-o
When I get sales calls, I rub a piece of paper against the phone to make crackling sounds, and tell them I can't hear them due to bad reception and then hang up :ymdevil:
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

I didn't have time to get coffee before going to my internet cafe, so now I'm drowsy, uninterested in going to work*, and generally not quite myself.

*ALWAYS
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

TakerFoxx

Post by TakerFoxx »

Radbaron wrote:Born-Again Christians. The worse kind.

also born-again former drinkers

born-again former smokers.......
Oh come now, we're not all bad. ;)

Anyways, right now Imma pissed about having to go to the school to sign up for some test or another, parking in the nearby neighborhood to avoid parking fees, and coming back to find a 47 dollar ticket from the street sweeper. Say bye-bye to one third of my bank account!
Start running.

Please?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

The issue I have with born-agains is not that they've improved their life...it's the part where they think they can improve mine too.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: Back to Don

Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus
Purveyor of Puggles

Post by Sideb(.)(.)bPlatypus »

one of my hair products has somehow spilled and there is now oily crap all over my dresser :ymtongue: I blame my 14 year old sister who has a dance tomorrow and was probably scrounging around in my room looking for something :-w
R.I.P. Don Alexander/Dr. David "Alex" Alexander Kann, 2/15/77-3/10/23 :( I'll never forget you or all the good times we had.

"Look up. The stars are shining for you."

Owner and Manager of McLovecraft's; Zany Genius Inventor of Ichory Delights

<3 PRIDE IN THY PUGGLES! <3

me: I remember biting Teach in the ass...
DA: We remember the REALLY important things.

Became Mrs. SP on 10/16/10 <3 :D

Now with mini Puggles! (as in babies) I have two boys, ages 7 and 4 :)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*hugs SP* :ymhug:

Speaking of annoying sisters, mines meant to be showing up before lunchtime... like an hour ago... but she's not hear yet because she's decided to not set off yet... So we've basically ahd the kitten shut in all morning so it doesn't accidently escape when my sister arrives for nothing.... She really annoys me with her selfishness at times.

Terri Delgado

Post by Terri Delgado »

My turn.

*flops*

Tonight, I really wish I were a worse person. I wish I was the mean, terroristic, ignorant, brainless girl that so many around here tend to be. I wish I could scream and shout and be a general bitch.

The end.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Somewhere out there, there is someone who is happy because you are not that girl. And the day will come when you too feel again that it is better you are not.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

Get rid of that god-damned ad just below the strip. The one where you shoot balls at other ones. It leads to a "You might win a Wii" **CONTEST** This SCAM has you answer 5 questions, then put in your cell phone number. You then get a message a day. EACH ONE COSTING TWO DOLLARS!

I absolutely detest these rigged promotions.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast